Who recently quit at your store?

I was going to say is that info listed somewhere because who keeps a running list on who is fired/leaves? My only objective is to complete what I need to do in order to be able to clock out each day.
I need to know because the entire salesfloor is left to 1 ETL and 2 TL - the three of us are doing the jobs of
7 Leaders, too much to be on top of at all times, we need our other leaders in place !

You are probably in 1 dept. , imagine that you were given the work of 7 dept.’s until they hire tm for those other 6,
you would know who was missing.

I’ve said that......many times.....more than a decade later i’m Still punching in 6 days a week.

Oh trust me, I’m going to follow through on that. I’m not gonna keep managing my peers for minimum wage while they can just process returns and ring purchases up for the same thing I get every two weeks while they just call me over so guest can scream at me when I deny them things.

All the while dangling a carrot in front of my face that I have so much potential to be a TL while hiring externally or never extending me an offer. Fuck that.

Oh trust me, I’m going to follow through on that. I’m not gonna keep managing my peers for minimum wage while they can just process returns and ring purchases up for the same thing I get every two weeks while they just call me over so guest can scream at me when I deny them things.

All the while dangling a carrot in front of my face that I have so much potential to be a TL while hiring externally or never extending me an offer. Fuck that.
Have you interviewed for a TL opening ? If so, were you given feedback on what is holding you back ? Do you have a mentor for helping you improve what you are lacking to get the position ? Are you on board with the changes ? Have you threatened to leave , cause no store wants to invest in a tm with one foot out the door. If you want it, adjust your attitude and prove yourself worthy. Helps to make a friend with someone already in leadership to get yourself recognized . Help them with something, improve something, make a difference.

Have you interviewed for a TL opening ? If so, were you given feedback on what is holding you back ? Do you have a mentor for helping you improve what you are lacking to get the position ? Are you on board with the changes ? Have you threatened to leave , cause no store wants to invest in a tm with one foot out the door. If you want it, adjust your attitude and prove yourself worthy. Helps to make a friend with someone already in leadership to get yourself recognized . Help them with something, improve something, make a difference.

I’ve never threatened to leave beforehand so that’s not it. I never been negatively outspoken about the changes, I just did whatever was expected since that’s the corporate mandate. I recently even expressed interest on an opening just to find out they hired externally.

I already have been doing things to improve communication with guest advocates and my boss loves it - I’m already doing the right things. The only thing that probably screwed it was not going for a TL interview because I knew who was getting that position I wanted. And it was true.

I thank you for the advice but my rent went up and I’m not going to wait around for them or have them treat me like an last resort option while I do extra work (minus coaching) for TM pay. It’s time to go and find something better.

Realize too that ETL’s are being cut and TL are being expected to have a LOT more responsibility than a tm, more than ‘just coaching’ as a difference going forward.

I had an person interview 2 weeks ago, a phone interview last week, and another phone interview next week. As soon as I get a full time position I'll be turning in my notice. In the past 3 weeks we've lost 2 inbound TMs and I overheard one of our OPU/SFS TMs say she's leaving in July for school. Also overheard that a TM got injured last week or early this week and not enough time to get coverage to full schedule before My Time went down

I have an in person interview next week with a company I REALLY want to work for. As soon as I get that "yes", I'm giving my two weeks. I feel kinda bad bc I'm an HR expert and our store desperately needs to staff bc of turnover, we have inventory in Aug, alcove remodel in Sept, BTS staffing, seasonal staffing, and the Workday 2.0 rollout. My backup is a really slow learner even tho she's been with me since Dec/Jan and barely had a handle on the schedule when I went on vacation at the end of March. She's stressed out even tho I do a good bulk of the work. On the other hand I don't feel bad bc I don't feel like HR, I feel like a f*ckn personal assistant and receptionist without the pay and I know Spot doesn't care about me. Plus the perks are I get to move (I HATE the area I'm living in), I don't hit my 10yr anniversary, and I will get better pay (and some bomb benefits).

I'm done with the panic attacks and crying in my boss' office when she's not there bc I'm overwhelmed ✌🏾 and for only $13/hr??? Bye 👋🏾 wish me luck y'all!!!

Also good luck to you as well!

WELP. My ETL-GM, formerly LOG, just announced that he's resigning and will be dipping out at the end of July. This is a very significant development because I've been using him like a canary in a coal mine, you could say. In the eschatology of Target, his departure is an unequivocal sign that the end times are really almost upon us. The fact that he's bouncing over to a different company for the same salary tells me that it's not about the money, but because he knows Q4 2019 is when Ragnarök begins and Minneapolis is bathed in cleansing fire. Needless to say I don't blame him.

So I'm now planning my tentative resignation for October 1st. Excellent timing seeing as that's also when my other job starts mandatory overtime (never thought I'd live to see those two words in combo!) I'm just quickly finding fewer and fewer reasons why I should climb to the summit of a Trim-a-Tree mountain again this year for a couple stale loaves when I can stay down here at sea level and let these loaves come to me, literally, on a 2 mile long conveyor belt 👌

Do yourself a favor and leave a week earlier, store up some much needed rest for what lies ahead! And tell them you signed up for some classes and need an educational loa and you’ll let them know when you’ll be back. Don’t worry about Christmas, they can’t term you for failing to return from loa in such a short amount of time. (It takes a minimum of three phone calls and a certified letter with 30 days to respond before you can be marked as failure to return from loa, and to avoid that all you have to do is respond.) That way of your hours drop back down at your other job after the holidays you have a place at Target. If the hours stay bountiful let them know you’re continuing your educational quest. Might as well reap the benefits of longevity and any saved PTO. Just a suggestion 😊

A guest service team member put in his two weeks because he'll be taking an internship and he still has to balance that with school. I'll really miss him, and it also might mean that I'll be asked to work at guest services more frequently in the future.

Two GM TMs recently stopped showing up (NCNS). I've noticed another hasn't been around recently but not sure if this person is still employed. SFS/OPU TM had last day this week before college. And I'll most likely be gone within next 6 weeks. Oh, and my TL and ETL are both thinking they'll be let go in the near future

It's been a slaughter at the my store the past few months. Multiple ETLs and the SD. Apparently some of them aren't even going to be replaced, the workload will be rolled into other ETL plates. Regular TMs and falling off left and right. It feels like we have way more NCNS than before too.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new ETLs walking into our special little shitshow. 🤣 Their souls will be sucked their bodies within a month, especially with BTS in full swing soon.

I gave my two weeks early this week and another TM did on the same day. After hearing this, another TM is looking for employment elsewhere because it will be a nightmare without the two of us there. A SFS TM is leaving next week. An OPU TM left last week. And a market TM is looking to leave
Congrats and good luck!

Back