Who recently quit at your store?

Last two months: 1 guest service team member. 1 former GSA. 1 Cash Office team member. 2 guest advocates that were very good. Service and Engagement TL. 1 cart attendant. We are all looking for something else.

Left in the front end after half a year of mass quitting: Me and about 2 others I trust and like. Like 3 good cashiers, 3 good at guest service (all have limited availability), one decent cart attendant (even he has been slacking off) and the rest have no brain or no care at all. It is maddening.
Sounds like us. I am the one great guest service person left and I don't know how much more I can take. All this having to train everyone at every job is not working out. I am so tired of having to constantly fix others mistakes or clean up after them. Some people are not cut out for GS and the good people are leaving or have left.

Sounds like us. I am the one great guest service person left and I don't know how much more I can take. All this having to train everyone at every job is not working out. I am so tired of having to constantly fix others mistakes or clean up after them. Some people are not cut out for GS and the good people are leaving or have left.
Yes! It’s actually kind of depressing to see the front end go to shit. We all used to take so much pride in how we left things and how well we made things work. The few of us left are struggling with people destroying a lot of what we built. It’s just a mess to see people not care at all about the job they do.

ETL-LOG/GM gone. Three beauty TMs in about as many weeks. Losing our two best and longest working Electronics TMs here shortly when they move for school. SETL gone. 2 HR TMs gone. 4 GM TMs gone. About 6 longtime inbound/GM TMs gone. 2 of our best and most reliable cashiers are leaving for school in a couple days and not planning on returning to Target. 1 SEA/GSA. 3 Style TMs.

It would take less effort to list who is still here. Good news though. You can get hired at our store and be employee of the month without even working here a month. Of course you would have to pull a no call no show like 80% of new hires do so that the next sorry schmuck that walks through the door gets a shot at all that glory too.

lmao I don't think we've named a TM of the month in a year. The certificates on the wall are all from last year and half of the people are gone. We recognize greatness at our store! 😄

Me. Today was my last day. Bittersweet. Left for reasons not related to modernization. I'll miss my team. After 12 years they were like family. There are many parts of the new process I won't miss and I'm happy to be rid of RFID which I feel does nothing for the company...yet. But I will miss doing planograms (occasionally fighting to make sense of them) and organizing. I went out on a high note. I'll drop in here every now and again to see how everyone is doing. Thanks to all of you who have helped me be successful with answering questions and giving ideas and part numbers for stuff and especially for listening to me vent. Target employees are lucky to have this forum. It is a great resource. :)

Me. Today was my last day. Bittersweet. Left for reasons not related to modernization. I'll miss my team. After 12 years they were like family. There are many parts of the new process I won't miss and I'm happy to be rid of RFID which I feel does nothing for the company...yet. But I will miss doing planograms (occasionally fighting to make sense of them) and organizing. I went out on a high note. I'll drop in here every now and again to see how everyone is doing. Thanks to all of you who have helped me be successful with answering questions and giving ideas and part numbers for stuff and especially for listening to me vent. Target employees are lucky to have this forum. It is a great resource. :)
Good luck!

Congratulations and best of luck!

I think someone recently quit in General Merchandise because I randomly got asked if I could work a shift on Wednesday or Thursday 🤔

Either that or they found out about an upcoming visit.

Today was my last day. At least 3 other TMs had their last day this week as well. I made it out just in time as there is so much BTS piling up in the back. We receive anywhere from 6-20+ hours of BTS push per truck but never get that many hours. Plus it takes longer because there are so many guests in that section

Today was my last day. At least 3 other TMs had their last day this week as well. I made it out just in time as there is so much BTS piling up in the back. We receive anywhere from 6-20+ hours of BTS push per truck but never get that many hours. Plus it takes longer because there are so many guests in that section
Congrats and good luck!

They've been dropping like flies, or at least it seems like it. HRTM put in her notice. TM who was soft lines, but then kept getting moved around, had her last day today. GM TM had his last day yesterday. With a new store opening in my area, we've lost some because of transfers - and at least a couple of them, I was glad to see go. Some of the ones who've left had a hard time adjusting to modernization, or got moved into positions they weren't suited for and decided it just wasn't worth the aggravation.

or got moved into positions they weren't suited for and decided it just wasn't worth the aggravation.
How true. Spot leadership has a gift for taking people who were just born to do a particular job and move them into a position that they have no talent for or interest in doing. Moves people right out the door, with or without the CCA paper trail. Who knows whether that’s their intention or if leadership is just that inept at sizing people up and making assignments, but it keeps the revolving door turning...

Congrats and all the best in your future endeavors!

At my current job, a grocery store, both closers in my produce department quit. One left to be an electrical apprentice and the other left to work at a fast-food joint for $2 more an hour. Also lost our opener, as I think he had issues with our produce load one day and did not get it worked out as quickly as normal. In addition, our fresh-cut supervisor quit, as she is moving to Texas with her boyfriend. Lastly, another fresh-cut clerk walked out, as he was repeatedly remanded for being a slow performer and not using suggestions to get faster.

Would note that my company is tight with money and is nowhere close to Target for starting pay. They blame our union contract but offer more by simply informing the union of this pay increase. That being said I was recommended for a merit-based raise and got it. It was over $2 and took me from paygrade 2 to paygrade 8. Also, I will get another over $2 raise after working another 520 hours. All of this is on top of anything we get this fall when we negotiate our union contract. Part of the raise is because I was turned by several customers for offering great service and part of it is because they are afraid of losing me to a better paying job.

Now just waiting to see if they will bump the start rate for a potential opener with lots of experience.

Other departments including deli have seen new employees come for their computer training, but nothing else.

Back