Who recently quit at your store?

Two from consumables, one from style (also a long-timer who simply stopped showing up) & a couple of cashiers.

The Electronics team at my store is dropping like flies. At least two people have put in their two weeks. Most days, there are multiple call outs and the rest of us are forced to cover. It’s a hot mess. I have older guests coming over to other departments trying to get help with their phones.

We have had more than a few experienced, reliable tms leaving with a decent amount being same day self terms. Never a good sign. On the other end are the new hires doing a few shifts and then they NCNS themselves out the door. It's retail, it will survive but damn.

We have had more than a few experienced, reliable tms leaving with a decent amount being same day self terms. Never a good sign. On the other end are the new hires doing a few shifts and then they NCNS themselves out the door. It's retail, it will survive but damn.
It's tough when the remaining TMs have to try to pick up the slack, but yeah this is retail. Par for the course even when things are going relatively smoothly. It just seems worse when a company is going through a transition. As I've said before, Target survived just fine without any of us before we were hired, and they will soldier on without us if and when we leave. No one is irreplaceable. NO ONE.

The Electronics team at my store is dropping like flies. At least two people have put in their two weeks. Most days, there are multiple call outs and the rest of us are forced to cover. It’s a hot mess. I have older guests coming over to other departments trying to get help with their phones.
Don't give them any ideas. I don't need to become one of the following: Domestic Tech, OTC Tech, Domestics Tech, Market Tech, Style Tech, Advocate Tech, or Starbucks Tech ("Can I have a large coffee with cream and sugar and can you help me load my contacts from my old phone to my new one? ......THE COFFEES HOW MUCH?!?!?"

That was our store last month (yikes). The girl who had replaced me as the main shoe TM had quit without notice and I was worried they'd throw me back in there, but the secondary TM really stepped up and is rocking it. I'm just worried about her quitting since she has another job, and the new secondary shoe TM NCNS'd today...
First of all, I'M ALIVE.

Since my last post,
The new "primary" shoe person quit, and the secondary one went home for the summer.
Another softlines TM quit.
Another softlines person put in their notice.
2 GSAs and 1 cashier are on their notice.
1 longtime inbound TM quit.
A newer inbound TM quit/was termed.
A hardlines TM was termed for stealing.
A GSA was termed for stealing.
A few market TMs quit.
A few (at least 3, probably more) hardlines/GM TMs quit.
2 cart attendants quit.

And me. I quit. I have 2 shifts left 😁

I was going to say is that info listed somewhere because who keeps a running list on who is fired/leaves? My only objective is to complete what I need to do in order to be able to clock out each day.

Cause I keep having to train these mutha fuckas. And its hard to not notice your TL is leaving, the team you work starts to change over. Or the person in a department you talk to all the time to help you find shit tells you they are leaving. Doing SFS/OPU you see a lot of at least the staff that works the same hours you work so when they leave you notice.

I'm going back to school this fall, so I'm stuck for the next two or three years, but the minute I get that degree and can find a job that I won't need to work around going to school, I'm gone. I can do this. Send chocolate and alcohol to get me through...
🍫🍫🍫🍪🍪🍪🍩🍩🍩🍺🍺🍺🥃🥃🥃🍹🍹🍹Good Luck!

Thought this would be a "fun" little thread

I my store in the last month...

AP
ETL AP
3 BRTMs
2 Plano
1 Fired Food TL
2 more BRTMs

If you've keep up with my shit posting, all out BRTMs have either quit or given notices all due to extremely low hours.

Now our ETL HR just call and asked if we could stay on longer to train replacements with promise of more hours but all of us kinda found other full time jobs cause target wouldn't give us hours so I'm wondering where these new hours are coming from

We're supposed to have "meeting" tommorow to discuss this but I don't think we care at this point
We lost two people last week, couldn't handle the pressure.

Last two months: 1 guest service team member. 1 former GSA. 1 Cash Office team member. 2 guest advocates that were very good. Service and Engagement TL. 1 cart attendant. We are all looking for something else.

Left in the front end after half a year of mass quitting: Me and about 2 others I trust and like. Like 3 good cashiers, 3 good at guest service (all have limited availability), one decent cart attendant (even he has been slacking off) and the rest have no brain or no care at all. It is maddening.

Back