Who recently quit at your store?

When an ETL starts giving a spiel about team members not knowing how to run a business is when I would have also seriously debated my employment.
ETLs are hired to "run a business" literally is what all of the recruitment job postings I see say. As someone that runs a side-business, so unacceptable to say that. If I had employees I would never fault them for the business failing. It's either my fault for not getting rid of the weight, not running it properly, or vice versa, etc... what I'm trying to say is if an area in the store is failing it is ultimately up to the ETL of the area for not doing shit to improve it on the worker level.

Hope Target cans that ETL soon or removes them from that area and puts a more competent ETL in there. Literally all everybody says is to be a great leader, you are a servant to your employees, you motivate them, you help them when you can, and you reason with logic and common sense. They should have thought "My area is failing and I need to get my team together to talk to them about what's happening, what we can do to fix it, and what my plan is." not "It's all the worker's fault."

Accountability gets you so far, being vulnerable makes you stronger, accept the fault and do what you can to fix it and you might just redeem yourself and your area.

All of this is so true. I work myself into a panic attack daily, I run myself sick, I have literal nightmares about work--and all I get in return is empty words of praise buried in constant micro-managing and rebuke. I got the highest possible score on my review according to my Lead (who is leaving and so has no reason to lie), but who cares? I'm not even getting a full quarter more than some kid off the street who has never had a job. I still don't make enough to have insurance, so I'm constantly sick. No one with any power listens to me or respects my expertise in my department; instead, I get pointless busy work like checking sales and filling out tasks sheets. All that wasted time just to appease the Corporate Overlords. Target doesn't care about me or the guests, and it's crystal clear.

I do my best, every day, because I don't know how not to. And I don't get anything in return but less joy and more stress.
I used to have panics nearly every day because there was so much workload and I could never get ahead, and it was affecting my sleep habits as well so I took a step back. We can only do what we are physically able to do and if it doesn’t all get done then give more hours/assign more people. I hope they learn soon but I’m afraid they won’t/don’t care either way.

I should have became a team leader but some stores just look to the ones who are able to bark orders the best and stand aside and watch as moral fails, standards fall, and general hatred towards one person grows deeper.

hoping my career at Costco takes off. I always thought of myself as a servant leader, and guess what, no one hated me. Everyone respected my opinion, I worked with those that didn't, kept everyone motivated and working. I suppose it's easier when you are out there physically doing the work with your team it's easier to get to know your team and create that rapport when you are not an ETL and have ownership over several areas. I was more just "Hey, TTGOz is great, he wants to be a leader, lets promise career development and promotion and then never do anything about it" even after multiple conversations. Maybe I wasn't that great, I probably wasn't. I was being beaten by another co-worker who was much more of the type to tell someone to do something for him. For the most part, I walked the walk, and talked the talked. I never bullshitted anyone or asked anyone to do anything I wouldn't do. If I asked someone to do something for me I made sure to be busy with something else to make it even.

When an ETL starts giving a spiel about team members not knowing how to run a business is when I would have also seriously debated my employment.
ETLs are hired to "run a business" literally is what all of the recruitment job postings I see say. As someone that runs a side-business, so unacceptable to say that. If I had employees I would never fault them for the business failing. It's either my fault for not getting rid of the weight, not running it properly, or vice versa, etc... what I'm trying to say is if an area in the store is failing it is ultimately up to the ETL of the area for not doing shit to improve it on the worker level.

Hope Target cans that ETL soon or removes them from that area and puts a more competent ETL in there. Literally all everybody says is to be a great leader, you are a servant to your employees, you motivate them, you help them when you can, and you reason with logic and common sense. They should have thought "My area is failing and I need to get my team together to talk to them about what's happening, what we can do to fix it, and what my plan is." not "It's all the worker's fault."

Accountability gets you so far, being vulnerable makes you stronger, accept the fault and do what you can to fix it and you might just redeem yourself and your area.

What ETL's have always done best....motivated team members to look for better jobs. Actually with this moderation process you could do everything with team members and team leads for the most part. I think corporate understands that ETL's will stick around a bit if things go too south, since they make 45K or whatever it is now....

Our etl on the floor gave a bull crap speech about us being the only store in our district failing mod. Told us we didnt know how to hokd our selves to higher standarda because we were never taught how a business really works. Three inbound walked after that bull crap. Apparently our cloaing tl also dropped her 2wk as well. Way to motivated the team ya asahat
Apparently he doesn't lead by example.

I don't think anyone from my store has quit. Management or otherwise. I only work weekends so it's kind of hard to tell but I haven't heard anything about anyone. We've started modernization recently but management seemed to think not much will change. I guess time will tell.
When they have to start working midshifts EVERY day, they’ll quit. I have one etl calculating how soon she can retire, another job hunting, and another constantly bitching about mids but not being upfront about if she’s looking. How can they expect parents of little kids to work mids EVERY day?

When they have to start working midshifts EVERY day, they’ll quit. I have one etl calculating how soon she can retire, another job hunting, and another constantly bitching about mids but not being upfront about if she’s looking. How can they expect parents of little kids to work mids EVERY day?
Mid shifts everyday made me bounce.

Mid shifts everyday was one of the reasons I left. One of the few benefits of retail was extra time during the weekdays to take care of things I needed done. I'd either have whole mornings or whole afternoon/nights. That disappears with mids. You already have my weekends let me keep my time during the weekdays

Already posted about this on another thread but 5 tms (theres more but these are the ones I know personally):

2 tms retiring
3 quit including the store manager

I just came on here to see what's happening with the target power outage I saw trending. I no longer work there, but, since I left my store I have gone back only about 4 times, the latest was about a week ago to buy items, the entire lead staff seems to be new people.

Three more... front end, market, and I'm not sure what area the third one is... must be a new TM I haven't met cause I didn't recognize their name.

Style TL, down to 1 when we are supposed to have 3.
Someone on the front end.
Few Style TMs put in their two weeks.

I just came on here to see what's happening with the target power outage I saw trending. I no longer work there, but, since I left my store I have gone back only about 4 times, the latest was about a week ago to buy items, the entire lead staff seems to be new people.
Yes, almost full Lead replacement, scary.
More scary - returning to my store after I quit......it will never happen ! I don’t shop there now, always go to another location. When I quit it will be exactly like my high school graduation ........100 % vanished.
NEVER TO BE SEEN OR HEARD FROM AGAIN
I don’t get the non tm’s on this site all the time.....why waste your time if you’re not even still working here ?????

Back