Who recently quit at your store?

Most will move on. Their marginalizing is despicable and sadly they know it. It's all too obvious they want high turnover. I'd like to hear the straight story from some of you HR folks, no bullshitting no dancing around the facts. The old rhetoric of "it costs money to train employees" is a crock of shit in the case of Target. Very professional indeed.

I havn’t had a chance to teach all processes to newbies before they’re gone.
First few days -cashiering, how to zone, read a label, know that the endcaps are (0) with odd numbers on the racetrack, how to answer the phone,
when to take breaks.
Next week - DBO routines, how to pull, backstock, 1:1, count outs, fix brla errors, dates on taking down ad signs
next week - scanning for salvage, ticketing clearance, putting up price labels
next week - usually they have quit but if not I teach SPL - then they quit.
next week - start all over with another replacement
rinse and repeat with another ........a fully trained tm is RARE

i love to post in this thread every few months because the front end is just rapidly deteriorating still. we still haven’t been able to fill the SETL spot... we’ve tried. they haven’t lasted (but that’s what happen when you go external when there are/were internal candidates). we’re losing a GSA (biggest loss), four advocates: two good at guest service (which is also a big loss) and the other two pretty much just cashiered (still a shame we can’t keep any). this all just this week. not to mention everyone actively/ seriously looking to get out.

attendance is so bad because morale and hours are so low. it’s easier to rationalize calling out a dumb four hour shift than a 7or 8 hour shift.

attendance is so bad because morale and hours are so low. it’s easier to rationalize calling out a dumb four hour shift than a 7or 8 hour shift.

Word. There's people here who do scheduling that claim the opposite, but as you said shorter shifts meant attendance has gone down the toilet.

One of my TMs (Style) walked out, with equipment, a couple of weeks ago after being moved to a different zone for the day. 🙄🤷🏻‍♀️

Did the TM in question return the equipment??? Walking out is one thing, walking out with felony theft is another. Or was it just a walkie?

Did the TM in question return the equipment??? Walking out is one thing, walking out with felony theft is another. Or was it just a walkie?

I looked at camera footage with AP (to make sure they didn't leave in a state of distress or something similar) and they had a walkie, ear piece and a zebra in a holster when they left. Never returned any of it 😐 I asked if we could send them a bill, but I don't think anything is gonna happen. Or it has/will and I'll just never know.

I was in the back room today when a TM started yelling at our SD saying “cause I’m not the manager!!!”

A few minutes later our SD called AP on walker and had them meet the SD in the office followed by the SD telling the inbound TL that the TM wouldn’t be coming back.

Sounds like a fun day

An AP (I think he was a TSS) put in his two weeks and left last week. I think he went to another retail company, but not sure which one.

People don't quit at my old store they transfer to Distribution center 2 miles down the road
I realize spot doesn't let tms work at both locations because of differing rates of pay but since tms already know the rates of pay at stores & DCs are different; the best way to give everyone more hours is to allow them work anywhere a Target building is located; whether it's a store or a dc. It would be just like flexing to other departments. It's a win win. Hello Mr. Cornell. Hi!

People want to work again!

I realize spot doesn't let tms work at both locations because of differing rates of pay but since tms already know the rates of pay at stores & DCs are different; the best way to give everyone more hours is to allow them work anywhere a Target building is located; whether it's a store or a dc. It would be just like flexing to other departments. It's a win win. Hello Mr. Cornell. Hi!

People want to work again!

We promise! We just want more than 4 hours a week!

Substandard hours means substandard work!

Another long-time guest advocate put in her two weeks. She said she couldn't balance school with Target and was dealing with too much stress.

Style TL bailed no notice. We think it might be cause she wasn't promoted to the ETL position that the last SD promised her.. New Style ETL starts this month. Not a big loss. All she did was bitch at the TM's and fold stacks of UT jeans. Literally..

Back