Who recently quit at your store?

A guest service team member that had previously become on-demand is officially done at the end of this week. I also heard a couple of other guest service team members put in their notice that I didn't notice previously.

ive always wanted to respond to this post, with a simple answer:
ME.

But let me tell u, many of us are quitting this month and early next month. Our receiver, 2 plano, 2 more market (we already lost 3 Incl. me), 2 front end, 2 team leads left last week. a lot of us are super burnt out. some of our department ppl are coming to work depressed and complaining everyday to me. mentally drained and feeling like we are in prison. thats how it felt like at our store.

No one really knows but she was gone one day and they had a replacement training the next day

Saw something similar at my store, except we all knew it was coming. Suddenly a 25+ yr. TL was being written up left and right. It wasn't uncommon to see her trying to work with red puffy eyes. Finally they told her to "retire" or they'd performance her out. They even had a retirement party for her with pizza and a cake. Talk about awkward. Sad, sad situation.

ME.

But let me tell u, many of us are quitting this month and early next month. Our receiver, 2 plano, 2 more market (we already lost 3 Incl. me), 2 front end, 2 team leads left last week. a lot of us are super burnt out. some of our department ppl are coming to work depressed and complaining everyday to me. mentally drained and feeling like we are in prison. thats how it felt like at our store.

Exactly. We get it is work and sometimes it is hard work. But this constantly not being given support and accused of being lazy cause we are not superhuman and at least in fullfillment don't just find all the stuff in the sea of freight that is everywhere and in pallets of stuff that is two weeks old if not older. It gets old and then you just get pissed off. You get very tired of leadership being flippant that "you just need to move faster and look harder." When they won't come out of their office. 40hrs is great for a while but burn out is a big killer and most of leadership hasn't worked long enough to actually know it's a thing until it hits them in the face. I am fighting it, big time right now..

I haven't quit won't for a while, I have plans for the next year so I am just kind of waiting it out but I did just put in the request to reduce my hours.

Last edited:
Exactly. We get it is work and sometimes it is hard work. But this constantly not being given support and accused of being lazy cause we are not superhuman and at least in fullfillment don't just find all the stuff in the sea of freight that is everywhere and in pallets of stuff that is two weeks old if not older. It gets old and then you just get pissed off. You get very tired of leadership being flippant that "you just need to move faster and look harder." When they won't come out of their office. 40hrs is great for a while but burn out is a big killer and most of leadership hasn't worked long enough to actually know it's a thing until it hits them in the face. I am fighting it, big time right now..

I haven't quit won't for a while, I have plans for the next year so I am just kind of waiting it out but I did just put in the request to reduce my hours.
take an LOA or just a vacation. I didnt do that and kept telling myself i could keep going, but little things started to irritate me each day: annoying customer, management, coworkers behaviors, etc and it just built up for me causing some paranoia and anger. your mental health is important. start planning your exit and your next move so its an easy transition for you.

take an LOA or just a vacation. I didnt do that and kept telling myself i could keep going, but little things started to irritate me each day: annoying customer, management, coworkers behaviors, etc and it just built up for me causing some paranoia and anger. your mental health is important. start planning your exit and your next move so its an easy transition for you.

There ain't shit they can do to me, they are fucking amateurs compared to some other jobs I have done. I just cut my hours down to what I want, nothing more. If they schedule less = good for me.. I get to sit back and watch them implode.

ME.

This is me and all our leads at the moment. We are all super miserable, as I'm sure it's the whole store and we just got a new SD after not having one for all of Q4 who is new to the company. He lacks empathy and micro-manages the HELL out of everyone. I will be putting in a LOA this month and if I can find something steady while I'm gone I won't be coming back.

GM ETL is leaving soon I believe. One SETL just got terminated. 2 Service Advocates putting in their 2 weeks in soon. We get 3-4 callouts daily now it seems.

What happened with the SETL, I've been told to get fired as an SETL you have to literally steal Bertha.
Without giving away too much, there was an incident involving a Black TM where she said made a comment involving the phrase "your kind" (she's white). She'd been around for 20 years though and seemed to be in the process of getting performanced out anyway. It seemed like the first opportunity to act on it.

Two more OPU/SFS peeps dropped notice this week.. That leaves three people in the store that are actual Flex TM's. Four have quit in the last month.. Not even sticking around for reviews.. And you can tell when someone is about to drop their two weeks, they call out a few times use some of that sick time, or take a vacation and just not come back from it.

A front-end team member who primarily worked at self-checkout put in her two weeks and her final day was on Thursday. She was at Target for at least 4 years and I'll definitely miss her seeing that when I closing self-checkout, she was working 12:00 PM-5:00 PM and would let me know if there were any issues with the registers.

Several Market TMs quit after a TL change in that department. (The former Market TL left on her own volition, as far as I know.) The new TL is actually the same person who had the job before transferring to another store and was my TL for way too long before he became Market TL - micro-manages, plays favorites, gaslights non-favorites. I've said zip to any of the Market TMs, figuring they'd find out what he's like soon enough. And they did!

Today is my last day before my LOA kicks in for a little over a month, and I’m hoping I can find something else so I never have to return.

Both of our GMTLs put in their notice this week. Our Style TL is going on LOA at the end of this month to spend time with her kids for the summer. One SETL will be gone at the end of the month.

Back