Archived Who still doesn't have a Pfresh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like out store is crap compared to others. We have no Pfresh, no pharmacy, no Optical, outdated Electronics boat, outdated shoes department.

I really hope we at least get a remodel if we can't get Pfresh.

how the hell are you making money

what do you mean by outdated shoes department and outdated electronics boat?

do you have the lit-up cosmetics?

We have stores in our district that didn't get the fresh update.

I know of one store in my district that doesn't have PFresh. They do have the transcend cosmetics.

I imagine most of the stores closed in the last two years, not counting Canada, didn't have PFresh.

I think the pfresh is a waste of money in my district. No way are we making money on blueberries or onions. Now, we may get more people in the store overall, but strictly on selling food, no way is it profitable. Not compared to how much was invested or how much is tossed.

Rumor at my store (so who knows if it's true) is that when they were remodeling it 5 years ago, the original intent was to add Pfresh. But they had a bunch of cost overruns, exceeded the remodeling budget even without adding Pfresh, and so cancelled that whole thing.

So no, we'd love a Pfresh, and I think it would do well in my city, but we won't get one for a long time.

Everybody was suppose to be Pfresh by now but, that was before everything started falling apart. Instead of measuring the need for Pfresh in each store, they were just adding it anywhere expecting some huge 20% increase in sales across all departments. That might work in few store in ideal situations but, across the board it has been a huge waste of money. When they began to see it was not working Pfresh remodels suddenly slowed and then completely stopped as Target put all it eggs and cash in the Canada basket. At this point I do not think Target has any idea what they are going to do with Pfresh.

I know of one store in my district that doesn't have PFresh. They do have the transcend cosmetics.

I imagine most of the stores closed in the last two years, not counting Canada, didn't have PFresh.

I think the pfresh is a waste of money in my district. No way are we making money on blueberries or onions. Now, we may get more people in the store overall, but strictly on selling food, no way is it profitable. Not compared to how much was invested or how much is tossed.
We are making money on produce and dairy like crazy. We get 3 to 4 pallets of produce 4 days a week and it flys off the shelf in no time to even qmos it. Yogurt and juice is the same way Our guest hate the over priced local grocery across the street

As a team member shopping for lunches to eat I like pfresh, as a backroom TM I can't see how our store makes any money with the amount of qmos that happens because of what gets sent vs what is ordered

As a team member shopping for lunches to eat I like pfresh, as a backroom TM I can't see how our store makes any money with the amount of qmos that happens because of what gets sent vs what is ordered
That is why we TPC things that are starting to turn bad or about to expire. Please sell it make some money before qmos and donation right now my hot house single tomatoes are 59 cents each, regularly 99 cents each

That is why we TPC things that are starting to turn bad or about to expire. Please sell it make some money before qmos and donation right now my hot house single tomatoes are 59 cents each, regularly 99 cents each

I wish I had time to do this. With all the added projects my CTL has me (the PA) and my fellow market /pfresh team members do, it's impossible to even do the basic routines. From POV, my CTL has never once did a mid day deep cull and zone. Not once.

Produce was only 3% of our sales last year, but it gets people in the door. I think Target's hope is that the customer who needs milk or bananas that day may wander into the clothing/entertainment area.
I know clothing and one spot stuff makes target like 100-150% profit. Got to love sweat shop markup lol

My store still doesn't. I wish we did. I think it would do well instead of having to go to the SuperT 8 miles up.

There are a couple stores in my district that because of the contract with the shopping center they are only permitted to have so much food product. Either square footage or % of total sales, can't remember. It has to deal with another grocery store in the shopping center owning the rights to sell food basically. One is a $65-70 million store without hardly any food, like 3 aisles total including a cooler aisle. They received a remodel, minus the pfresh. With food I can only imagine how much sales they would do. They are actually planning another store to be built down the road to take some traffic away and I imagine allow them to have food at the new location.

There are a couple stores in my district that because of the contract with the shopping center they are only permitted to have so much food product. Either square footage or % of total sales, can't remember. It has to deal with another grocery store in the shopping center owning the rights to sell food basically. One is a $65-70 million store without hardly any food, like 3 aisles total including a cooler aisle. They received a remodel, minus the pfresh. With food I can only imagine how much sales they would do. They are actually planning another store to be built down the road to take some traffic away and I imagine allow them to have food at the new location.

Wow that is interesting insight, I never would have thought that a grocery in the same center would have "food rights" over Target. Hmm.

Our shopping center has a small sporting goods store and then the stupid property owner let Academy come in. Academy doesn't get the expensive Nikes though.

Wow that is interesting insight, I never would have thought that a grocery in the same center would have "food rights" over Target. Hmm.
Depends on the contract agreement (land/property lease). Some large grocery chains actually own the land and property in the shopping center. Meaning Target (or another retailer) may be leasing from that retailer. I know some states don't allow for retailers to have that much control, some do.

In other instances Target may own the land and property for the shopping center. They may control lease agreements that would prevent other retailers from selling certain things.

Last edited:
how the hell are you making money

what do you mean by outdated shoes department and outdated electronics boat?

do you have the lit-up cosmetics?

Yeah, it's those old gray wired shelves. And our electronics boats are U shaped with an island in the center and camera displays all around. It gets pretty tight in there during Black Friday LOL

Edit: We have the lit-up cosmetics, thank god. Trying to order missing signing is a bitch though

Last edited:
Yeah, it's those old gray wired shelves. And our electronics boats are U shaped with an island in the center and camera displays all around. It gets pretty tight in there during Black Friday LOL

I remember having to elbow my way into the boat on a black Friday to give a guy a break.

Edit: We have the lit-up cosmetics, thank god. Trying to order missing signing is a bitch though

Yeah we got the old boat here :/

I think we're the only store in my area with a pFresh.

There is only one store in our district that is a Pfresh. Kind of like a hybrid of a city & pfresh. Its just because it's only a 2 year old store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back