Archived who wants commission?

Would you want commission for your attachments?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Yes or at least some incentives like giftcards, etc....

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Making the guest happy is all that matters

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know electronics is basically mandated to sell attachments. So basically you are wanting them to be a Target Mobile Employee? From what I can remember of an electronics job description, it doesn't say anything about it being a "sales" job. I think people would be more reluctant to get attachments if they got commission for it, I mean if you wanna make it a "sales" job, then sometimes that is what comes with a sales job. But of course that is wishful thinking.

Hmm.... something that should be discussed. Can you imagine how many more attachments/Red Cards team members would sell if they had an $$ incentive?

We do just fine without incentives at my store. We don't play games, we just do our job, and we are in the top 50 in the company! With that being said, it would be nice if somehow there was some sort of bonus attached somehow. Maybe like 5 dollars per attachment added into your paycheck, I dunno.

Our Apple rep one time tried telling me that Target was going to do some sort of incentive program for AAR, but I think he was just blowing smoke.

I am not sure how it is added up exactly, but for my job, we get a certain number of points for selling this product, a certain number of points for overall performance on a call, certain number of points for this and that. Then that is added at a cent number depending on your performance metrics, all adding up to your bonus check.

On days where we are low on conversions sometimes our LOD will give a $5 giftcard for conversions or sometimes a giftcard for two ESPs.

There was a message on Workbench about a competition going on now, or starting soon about Store contests with conversion, prize to the top stores or something along those lines.

bottom line - if they want conversion at all costs - then incentivise it. if they want to drive guest loyalty, then focus on product knowledge.

I'd appreciate some sort of compensation. Right now, I just focus on the cheapest attachments possible, and I'm sure that's helping our numbers, but it sure isn't helping our sales. I really have no incentive to suggest anything more expensive.

I would want commission........if it was for RedCards. I can just imagine, 8 months worth of RedCard commission would fill my gas tank one time.

Yeah, instead of the candy bar, I'd rather take the commish hands down. Will it happen? Of course not. Sure would make me sell more red cards without question. I hate how when our red card sales are low I'm always the person my ETL comes down on because she knows I can sell them like crazy. They put me on a lane during my last hour of my last shift to sell red cards, I got 3 in one hour. I can do it, but lack of motivation and rewards, I don't push them so much anymore. I sell just enough to keep the ETL off my back. It's not worth my busting my *** anymore, sorry. I'm sorry, I'm not a little boy that's going to go ecstatic over a candy bar. I love how ETL's treat the regular team members like children. "Team I'd like to recognize Erika for getting our first red card of the day. Way to go! Hears a candy bar and a great team card for ya!" "Yay for Erika great job!!" How about you show me the money, not a Twix and great team anything! Just a thought, that's my rant for the day.

Ugh, I had an ETL "reward" me with a candy bar for literally working my ass off in the backroom one day. Like, I'm an adult. I don't work for candy bars.

Good boy, here's a doggie treat :) *waves hands in disgust. How about a 5 dollar gift card or something per red card, I think that would motivate some people. Corporate came to my store and said our store was requisitioning too much. I was getting a free movie or two almost every night, my GSTL made a deal every 5 red cards we got we got a free movie off an endcap up front, that got taken away. Now we get to pick a sucker out of a box and depending on what color the bottom is painted we get a candy bar, a free popcorn and soft drink and food ave, a 6 dollar credit at food ave, a 6 dollar credit at starbucks, or a free 12 oz can of pop. How exciting. I don't push them because the rewards suck.

Im asking every single guest and didnt get any redcard for a week now. Pretty demoralizing and gstl/gsa telling me to "get some redcard" now feels so burdened.
Hopefully karma will return me with 20red cards in a day..

Im asking every single guest and didnt get any redcard for a week now. Pretty demoralizing and gstl/gsa telling me to "get some redcard" now feels so burdened.
I got one unprompted, by asking for a target card this week. I was saying it takes less than 2 minutes. The say, if you pay cash at spot, use the Target card & make your payment on the way out the door. That way, you get 5% on pharmacy, schools, etc..
I was doing backup cashiering...made my night.

I had 7 last week. They asked me what I did differently...uh...nothing? I always ask everyone. This week I had 3, doing the exact same thing. Yeah, part of it is asking every person until you've lost your voice, but there is some luck involved, I don't care what my GSTL/LOD thinks.

Depends on my mood, if i'm in a good mood. If I got a lot of sleep, i'll ask a every person. If I work with slow idiotic cashiers i feel like i need to hurry guests and probably only ask 1/3. I get on average 2 esps a day as cashier, so my gstl/etl's don't usually give me crap for not getting redcards. they call me the esp killer lol.

I was cashiering Sunday.... asked just about EVERYBODY, but got no red cards = ( all the other cashiers seemed to be getting them no problem though! I seem to get them better when I am back in electronics.

I had 7 last week. They asked me what I did differently...uh...nothing? I always ask everyone. This week I had 3, doing the exact same thing. Yeah, part of it is asking every person until you've lost your voice, but there is some luck involved, I don't care what my GSTL/LOD thinks.

hate to be that guy, but being female might have something to do with it. if not pardon my sexist ideology.
I've worked cashier with a flow team member 2-3 times over 2 months, she only works cashier maybe once a month. And when she does she gets 1-3 redcards in a 6 hour shift.

I don't know if I've ever gotten a guy to sign up for a red card. And the cashier who got 5 redcards yesterday? It was not because of her looks....she just basically refuses to stop talking until the guest walks away or caves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back