Archived Who would I talk to about register deficit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do they do with foreign change then? I'm not far from the Canadian border, and when I was trained, I was told that we accept Canadian bills but not coins (yet those Canadian pennies always seem to find their way into the drawer).

how does POS allow canadian? Thats what I want to know.....

Foreign change we dont do anything with. If you accept it, store loses money.

how does POS allow canadian? Thats what I want to know.....

Foreign change we dont do anything with. If you accept it, store loses money.

Our registers are set up to exchange Canadian. If a guest wants to pay with Canadian cash, we hit K8 for Foreign Money and it recalculates the total based on the current exchange rate.

Our registers are set up to exchange Canadian. If a guest wants to pay with Canadian cash, we hit K8 for Foreign Money and it recalculates the total based on the current exchange rate.

I know it doesn't work at my store. I've hit on accident a few times. It just pops up with a message that says something like "Foreign Money not accepted." Sometimes, I think I'm a bit to clumsy for the front end.

Ok, now I'm curious. Does anyone here work in the southwestern states? If so, does your store accept Mexican currency?

I know it doesn't work at my store. I've hit on accident a few times. It just pops up with a message that says something like "Foreign Money not accepted." Sometimes, I think I'm a bit to clumsy for the front end.

We all have those days. :D

People paying with cash is what really gets me bogged down. One time I put in that a guest gave me $1000 instead of $10. The register displayed that I owed the guest $900.75 in change. Needless to say, the guest really wanted me to give them that back instead of a quarter. :p

Ok, now I'm curious. Does anyone here work in the southwestern states? If so, does your store accept Mexican currency?

Down southerly here & nope, we don't accept Mexican (or any other foreign) currency.

lol, dont sweat the change... When i worked cash office there were times where i forget to save a bag correctly, or miss type 20's and put them in to the 10s or 5's,(because CP4000 was awesome like that) and be over like 800 dollars at the end of the count..(happened alot when i first started 239)
i would just even it out over drawers, or look at totals for my 'busy' lanes and add them there. I always woundered how CSA looked at that data, and how they decided to flag it. As strict as target was on other little things, i felt the whole cash thing was never even looked at...

**Dont take this as Target wont notice if you steal or routinely give out bad change... AP watches for weak cashiers.. especially when short change artists are in the area.**

Yeh, the only time coin really counts is rolled coin (adv fund or missed advances) or depositing dollar/half dollar coins.
CSA compares the location counts against the transaction tallies/totals. If there's an overage in one drwr but a shortage in another, they'll rectify it. It has to be pretty blatant to get their attention & then they'll simply email AP if something seems suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back