Archived Who's all staying or seeking new employment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just curious for everyone's take, even though the raise is good (but maybe not so much for people who have been here longer) it doesn't really matter if my hours stay low. I am planning on staying for about another month or two to see if hours will go back up or it is going to be this way for awhile we shall see how it goes. What is everyone else doing?

I already quit. I might find myself back at Target in the future for whatever reason. There's a new Costco being built in my area and have an interview there today at 11am. $15/hr, minimum of 25 hour weeks, employee benefits part time or full time, free membership, 401k after 90 days. Sounds really good to me, and it's only a 7 minute commute, my Target commute was only about 6 minutes.

I already quit. I might find myself back at Target in the future for whatever reason. There's a new Costco being built in my area and have an interview there today at 11am. $15/hr, minimum of 25 hour weeks, employee benefits part time or full time, free membership, 401k after 90 days. Sounds really good to me, and it's only a 7 minute commute, my Target commute was only about 6 minutes.
I might be looking into cosco as well they just built one in my area 🤔

I might be looking into cosco as well they just built one in my area 🤔
This one is still being built and is planning to have the grand opening the last week of June, I'm hoping I can start employment sooner if I get an offer but I have the funds to pay my dues in a twist of fate. Thank God I have just over $1800-$2000 usable cash and I only have $629 in bills. That's including gas, so I've budgeted for that. Working at Costco at the bare minimum hourly would be enough to support that in one paycheck roughly. Hopefully I could get more hours, hopefully I can cross-train and get hours up, other-wise I have my own side-business bringing in just some revenue. Not a lot right now, but it's better than nothing.

I'm back to looking for a job in my degree field instead of supplementing freelance with Spot (or vice versa; not sure which some days). My current store may have better leadership, but it doesn't matter how good in-store leadership is if corporate is hell-bent on ruining the company and said leadership has to dance to their dissonant tune. This isn't me being unwilling to change. This is guests complaining to me asking "what's happened" (for a year now, at two stores)? I won't devolve into a rant, but I've started having visual migraines and my appetite has vanished. Time to move on.

I'm going to stay as long as I continue to be scheduled like I have been the past few months.

I've grown accustomed to having a fairly predictable schedule (at the time of day that I prefer). Some weeks I get more hours than I would like, but I've been able to unload the extras via the swap book. These hours work well with my career (self employed).

So as long as my scheduling stays the same and I can detach from the rediculous expectations of Spot, I'm good.

I'm going to stay as long as I continue to be scheduled like I have been the past few months.

I've grown accustomed to having a fairly predictable schedule (at the time of day that I prefer). Some weeks I get more hours than I would like, but I've been able to unload the extras via the swap book. These hours work well with my career (self employed).

So as long as my scheduling stays the same and I can detach from the rediculous expectations of Spot, I'm good.
A good schedule is a great motivator to show up for work. I don’t know how tm live with an ever-changing schedule! Yuk. Having a predictable schedule allows for a comfortable work/life balance.

Staying for now at least. I also have a mostly predictable schedule. If I get an odd shift here or there I can swap it or work it if I want. I get 30+ hours a week. Leadership mostly leaves me alone. Like everyone else, I definitely have my frustrations and think of quitting some days. In reality though, I'm one of the TMs least impacted by all of the changes and a perfectly frustration free job doesn't exist.

So for now Spot works for me. No reason to leave unless that changes.

Ayooo got the Costco job. Hoping I don't regret leaving Target but I have a really good feeling about it.
I didn't hate working at Target, my schedule was predictable, I had all of the hours I wanted and could have had more, and my team was awesome. My ETL was even better. Guess it was just time for something else.

Ayooo got the Costco job. Hoping I don't regret leaving Target but I have a really good feeling about it.
I didn't hate working at Target, my schedule was predictable, I had all of the hours I wanted and could have had more, and my team was awesome. My ETL was even better. Guess it was just time for something else.
Woohoo congratulations ! 😃

I've worked retail my whole life and have seen these types of overhauls many times. Sometimes they stuck, but most times they didn't. Also have seen many, many salaried department managers, store managers, and district managers come and go. Ain't nothing new under the sun. Hours are a little tough, but I usually pick up an extra shift or get asked to stay. Plus, I actually enjoy NOT having a set schedule - I don't want to work all days or all nights, I like to mix it up. So, with the hours being ok-ish, not minding the schedule, being able to wear jeans, and practically no commute, I'm staying.

The buck doesn't stop with me. I come in, do what I'm supposed to do or what my TL/LOD tells me to do, and I go home.

I've worked retail my whole life and have seen these types of overhauls many times. Sometimes they stuck, but most times they didn't. Also have seen many, many salaried department managers, store managers, and district managers come and go. Ain't nothing new under the sun. Hours are a little tough, but I usually pick up an extra shift or get asked to stay. Plus, I actually enjoy NOT having a set schedule - I don't want to work all days or all nights, I like to mix it up. So, with the hours being ok-ish, not minding the schedule, being able to wear jeans, and practically no commute, I'm staying.

The buck doesn't stop with me. I come in, do what I'm supposed to do or what my TL/LOD tells me to do, and I go home.
Easy going attitude a plus. Not so invested you stress but it seems like you care enough to make contributions that make a difference. I’d like you on my team.

That was my thoughts with Target. Wasn't perfect, but I was satisfied. I enjoy the non-set schedule but working every single weekend doing eight-nine hour midshifts was tiring. That's the only thing I would change.

Congrats!

Never planned at staying past my 90 days but I've been making enough to survive (for now) while searching for a job related to what I studied in college. I will most likely me out of Target by sometime in July.

They just announced that a proposal for a new Costco near me was approved earlier this week. Like 2 blocks down from a Target. Maybe I'll have to check it out!

Never planned at staying past my 90 days but I've been making enough to survive (for now) while searching for a job related to what I studied in college. I will most likely me out of Target by sometime in July.

They just announced that a proposal for a new Costco near me was approved earlier this week. Like 2 blocks down from a Target. Maybe I'll have to check it out!

Do it! It might be a year before general construction begins, maybe another year before they start looking for applicants. The Costco here is still being built and got approved in in 2017 I believe and started construction sometime last year. Opening date is slated to be June 29th 2019. I'm pending drug test results but I haven't done anything for over a month and it was my first, only, and last time ever doing it.. so, yeah. 😂 just read into some of what Costco has to offer it's employees and you'll fall in love.

Do it! It might be a year before general construction begins, maybe another year before they start looking for applicants. The Costco here is still being built and got approved in in 2017 I believe and started construction sometime last year. Opening date is slated to be June 29th 2019. I'm pending drug test results but I haven't done anything for over a month and it was my first, only, and last time ever doing it.. so, yeah. 😂 just read into some of what Costco has to offer it's employees and you'll fall in love.

That was one good thing about Target. They don't drug test--so if people wanted to partake for whatever reasons on their days off (stress, other medical issues) it wasn't a problem.

They do still test if you have an accident but I don't think anyone's had one of those around here in a while.

That was one good thing about Target. They don't drug test--so if people wanted to partake for whatever reasons on their days off (stress, other medical issues) it wasn't a problem.

They do still test if you have an accident but I don't think anyone's had one of those around here in a while.
And for a company based in Washington, it's pretty stupid that Costco drug tests. 🙄

I'm staying for now, but I don't know for how long. I was getting 40 hours and a set schedule most weeks thanks to being on POG, but my hours have been in the 20s for a few weeks now with presentation being non-existent. Told I'm being moved to a new area and if my hours keep staying as they are, I'm going to have to figure out something.

Was hoping to wait until after I move, but may need to start job hunting sooner than I wanted to originally. I can ride things out a little bit thankfully to having a nest egg and small bills, but with modernization becoming more of a thing and a remodel soon, not sure what's all on the horizon when it comes to hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back