Archived Why are the Blu-rays in security cases, whereas the DVDs are not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that the op does not work in electronics. Almost blue rays are in case; except at the front end.

Why would either one be in security cases? Lol
A professional booster would have a S3 key at home so an Alpha World clamshell case would not be an issue, but the vast majority of one-timers almost always reconsider taking cased movies. I would rather lose Grease on DVD ($5) than one of the Star Wars trilogies ($45).

At least in my district, APBP mandates all Blu-rays and all DVDs $24.99 and over are to be cased. Coming from a security background myself, I have no problem with that AP directive.

I don't think my store cases blurays unless the movies have just been released in a months time. Don't quote me on that though. I don't shope enough in my store to know how we lock our movies up. I'll let you know on my next shift lol.

We only spider wrap movies priced at least 59.99 and all Games Of Thrones after someone kept stealing them.

Maybe they're ugly but they're stopping a lot of potential shortage. Everyone complains even up to the DTL until they get told that losing $1 billion in shortage as a company wasn't really acceptable.

If you think you're store isn't really getting stolen from, you're very wrong.

Maybe they're ugly but they're stopping a lot of potential shortage. Everyone complains even up to the DTL until they get told that losing $1 billion in shortage as a company wasn't really acceptable.

If you think you're store isn't really getting stolen from, you're very wrong.

Then I would suggest that ALL stores actually HAVE AP. Not just an APETL, but actual real AP that is present during the store open time..

Obviously there is an acceptable shortage v. cost to do real AP, and TGT has made it clear in my store that it doesn't care. There is tons of empty packing of stuff that Flow finds every day... if the thieves actually knew the actual total lack of AP in the building they would probably just start walking out the door with stuff... I am pretty sure the real thieves do, and all the domes, and little pinholes in the ceiling tiles might deter the less pro thieves.. but not the real ones..

And putting DVD and/or BR in a case just annoys guests, cashiers, guests in line as you try to get the damn things off!
Same with spiders... your just annoying the paying guests and cashiers to deal with these.

Again you might slow down the less pro and rookies and etc... but the real pros, gone! And the only time you will find out is way later after they are long gone.

I found out from AP that movies over $35 is aspose to be in a security case, but the store manager doesn't make us put them in cases. Our store also has a bad shrink problem

I'm not AP, but the list of directives that our AP team keeps with them says "ALL STORES" next to blu ray keepers. The price point also says "ALL." So that includes $5 blu rays. It's because they cost more for Target to purchase. Smaller margins.

The only time we don't put Blu-Rays in security cases is Black Thursday/Friday, and that's only because we don't have nearly enough cases to protect the amount of movies we deal with in those two days.

My store has 6 spinners of locked jewelry. The store a few miles away has the same jewelry out on regular displays.
I didn't even know locked up jeweler was a thing until I saw a guest on targets Facebook page bitching about nobody to unlock it

And putting DVD and/or BR in a case just annoys guests, cashiers, guests in line as you try to get the damn things off!
Same with spiders... your just annoying the paying guests and cashiers to deal with these.

If it takes a cashier more than like 10 seconds to unlock a security case, then they weren't trained properly. They're ridiculously easy to take off. Spider wraps can be annoying sometimes, especially on larger items, but still the time required to take them off is negligible. Such a silly thing to complain about.

I'm not AP, but the list of directives that our AP team keeps with them says "ALL STORES" next to blu ray keepers. The price point also says "ALL." So that includes $5 blu rays. It's because they cost more for Target to purchase. Smaller margins.

Not all stores fall under the blu-ray keeper program. It is dependent upon the risk level of each individual store. The blanket policy is to put merch protection on anything over $59.99 in entertainment (Spiderwraps). If your store is higher risk, then it gets put on the keeper program and all blu-rays get it.

I personally think its stupid. I mean, sure it might deter theft, but I find it pathetic if anybody is even stealing movies in the first place. I don't know who they are boosting to because that form of media is becoming more and more worthless.

I personally think its stupid. I mean, sure it might deter theft, but I find it pathetic if anybody is even stealing movies in the first place. I don't know who they are boosting to because that form of media is becoming more and more worthless.

I think you'd be surprised. Maybe it's just my area, but I know quite a few people who still collect blu-rays and enjoy having physical media. If I weren't a broke college student, I would definitely be amassing a blu-ray collection. There's just something I love about having physical DVDs. The only exception to that is that I don't purchase physical games, since I buy all of those through Steam.

My entertainment section has always stayed in the top 50 for sales. It just depends on the area.

Pretty much every bluray we have over $9.99 is cased. If we didn't I don't even want to think how much more our shortage would be.

The merchandise protection guidelines are a little outdated. The last sheet I saw stated all blurays should be cased but I'm pretty sure that was before when all of our blurays were more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back