Archived Why aren't gsa or gstl allowed to go for back up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS: You're more than welcome to tell a guest "Sorry, I'm closed. Lane 5 will take you, as there is no wait."

Not trying to excuse your GSA's behavior, but definitely let them know if there's something they can do to help you.

Usually I speak up ,but since the guest was on her cell phone dropping her stuff and yapping away ,it was useless to attempt to talk to her !
We are having a chat session soon ,I will mention the speed weaving and such !
I understand the need of back up cashier ,but some help from the gsa would be great !

At my store the STL allocates the hours for cashiers until store close and the reason is because the hours for that work center are based on sales, there's no sales after closing so there's no hours for cashiers. So I don't know how other stores do it but that's how it is at my store, the GSTL stays and does the cash office and then leaves. Everyone is always spouting this 1 team **** when it helps them but when it comes time to help someone else they always have an excuse.

Today 1 of the GSTL's calls for 2 back-up right after a request for back-up from the register, I was right there so I was going to hop on until I saw the following - neither of the 2 GSTL's were at the lanes (they were both in the gstl office), the guest service tm was pushing a flat of SSS, the cart attendant was standing outside talking to someone. Needless to say it wasn't backed up bad.

At my store the STL allocates the hours for cashiers until store close and the reason is because the hours for that work center are based on sales, there's no sales after closing so there's no hours for cashiers. So I don't know how other stores do it but that's how it is at my store, the GSTL stays and does the cash office and then leaves. Everyone is always spouting this 1 team **** when it helps them but when it comes time to help someone else they always have an excuse.

Today 1 of the GSTL's calls for 2 back-up right after a request for back-up from the register, I was right there so I was going to hop on until I saw the following - neither of the 2 GSTL's were at the lanes (they were both in the gstl office), the guest service tm was pushing a flat of SSS, the cart attendant was standing outside talking to someone. Needless to say it wasn't backed up bad.
Good call, sr!

Usually I speak up ,but since the guest was on her cell phone dropping her stuff and yapping away ,it was useless to attempt to talk to her !
We are having a chat session soon ,I will mention the speed weaving and such !
I understand the need of back up cashier ,but some help from the gsa would be great !

My GSAs aren't good about speedweaving either. Between 2 GSTLs and 5 GSAs, we have only one who actually speedweaves. Even the one Guest Service TM who covers GSTL breaks knows how to speedweave, so there's no reason why the GSAs can't.

This is ridiculous. I am a sales floor team leader, and you better bet I'll be up there if they call for fast service. The GSA/GSTL is not supposed to be cashiering because they need to speedweave, get change, help with guest issues etc. I'm sorry that some of you have unproductive GSA/GSTLs, but that is no excuse to not help out. There isn't one task that is more important than helping our guests for a few minutes. I really don't care if I sound like a cheerleader at this point.

This is ridiculous. I am a sales floor team leader, and you better bet I'll be up there if they call for fast service. The GSA/GSTL is not supposed to be cashiering because they need to speedweave, get change, help with guest issues etc. I'm sorry that some of you have unproductive GSA/GSTLs, but that is no excuse to not help out. There isn't one task that is more important than helping our guests for a few minutes. I really don't care if I sound like a cheerleader at this point.

i agree wholeheartedly. It sucks that some of these stores don't have good frontend leaders but that doesn't mean that the guests should have to suffer.

Depends on the store and the management at the time. For the first 5 years at my first store cashiers/GSTLs did not stay to help zone or close, and they were ALWAYS on a lane. I'm at a different store now, everyone helps close on the floor after store closing and the GSA and GSTLs are never on a lane.

This is an A volume, and our GSTL will jump on. A TL will respond to backup saying their on their way and he will tell them, "I'm jumping on 5 until you get here."
I take the gstl spot on register, so she can do the speed weave the guests to other cashiers. Gtc to her for jumping on till we get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back