Archived Why doesn't anyone wear kneepads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we even get a fund for work shirts or pants outside of the employee discount?

I know alot of real jobs will give boots and various gear needed will give it to employees for free or get them the choice to buy stuff at a huge discount.

Things like kneepads, gloves, and even some shoes would be super nice especially since I have pretty much walked out my Nikes due to Target solely. I guess they think politics are more important than the "team" I guess.

Stores offer gloves & too many TMs take advantage of that fact & request a new pair every shift.

There has to be much better oversight in supplying gloves. There is no reason a person shouldn't be expected to hold on to their gloves until they are torn or usable. One pair per month(or longer?) or buy your own. If people paid for those things, I guarantee they wouldn't "lose" or forget them every day.

After they address that problem - let them consider handing out kneepads.

Its a national retail chain. They could figure out something if they cared to try. Literally selling something like Mechanix gloves or something the store might have at cost or a dollar or a small amount above cost wouldn't be a hard bargain and the store wouldn't really lose anything in that case if the employee had to get a new pair.

Only gloves I have seen at Target are really junky crap gardening gloves though. Dollar store levels of cheap. Makes me cringe sometimes when I see such low quality product on the shelves and then see the same thing at the dollar store for cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spot did carry merchanix gloves in automative. They didn't sell & went on clearance. I took 3 pair &paid for 3 dollars each pair. I did leave 1 pair for guests after 2 hours of waiting.

Spot did carry merchanix gloves in automative. They didn't sell & went on clearance. I took 3 pair &paid for 3 dollars each pair. I did leave 1 pair for guests after 2 hours of waiting.
I went through a couple pairs when I first started. They seemed to fall apart pretty quickly but they were pretty okay while they lasted especially when back then my hands were much softer. Now boxes and even blades have a hard time cutting my hands. I'm sure they have access to some supply chain for some type of work glove and other kit especially since they waste time and money on sourcing and making those stupid dog plushies. I don't even think we sell them on the shelf either.

what are you guys doing that your knees are on the floor that much. I have done flow for several years and never spent that much/if any time on my knees.

In Stocks where you count all the travel size crap. Pricing where you have to sort all the items on bottom shelves. I have been watching this thread cause kneepads seem like a better idea everyday.

Mechanix gloves are great but I like the rubber texture ones better for box handling, for fine stocking and product handling my mechanix gloves can be a godsend some days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back