Archived Why exactly is there such a big push for red cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like all the not-brand attempts that some stores make, like tables and fliers and such. Some of the attempts are so ugly and unprofessional looking. One store had a tri-fold board they pulled from School and Office with crudely glued information. My almost-5 year old nephew could make something better.

I like all the not-brand attempts that some stores make, like tables and fliers and such. Some of the attempts are so ugly and unprofessional looking. One store had a tri-fold board they pulled from School and Office with crudely glued information. My almost-5 year old nephew could make something better.
At my store they do the table on weekends. It's my nightmare to be asked to do it. We've never made any flyers or tri-folds.

My store does the table every once in a while. One of my GSAs tried to talk me into doing the table by bribing me with Starbucks. The look on her face was priceless when I told her I don't drink coffee.

We had one of those that was made by an intern ETL.
My wife's 6th graders have turned in better class projects or at least ones with more imagination.
What bothered me the most is he was getting paid so much for the time he spent making it.
I'm sure many of the TMs could have come up with something for that kind of cash.

Heard a TM at another store last night tell a guest she could get in early on Black Friday with a red card. Almost called him out.

Heard a TM at another store last night tell a guest she could get in early on Black Friday with a red card. Almost called him out.

This would work so well! Someone should make this happen.

It would be pretty cool but now some poor flow TM who watched a video and was stuffed in a too small security jacket will have to listen to a guest scream at him and have no idea what the hell is going on just so that smeghead could get a redcard.

It would be pretty cool but now some poor flow TM who watched a video and was stuffed in a too small security jacket will have to listen to a guest scream at him and have no idea what the hell is going on just so that smeghead could get a redcard.

Oh no doubt it was wrong for the guy to just go out and say it. I just think it would be a great policy to start.

Oh no doubt it was wrong for the guy to just go out and say it. I just think it would be a great policy to start.

Sorry, I should have made my post two sentences.
You're right it would be a good idea to do.

Imagine this.....Black Friday , um Thursday.....REDcard users can get in early...so, we open at 8am on Thanksgiving Day for those REDcard users......they'd probably start to line up on Wednesday night......then Target would "have a reason" to be open on Thanksgiving Day! So forget the family time....

Honestly, it could be done really well... Just let the REDcard people in at the regular time, make everyone else wait one hour. Have a table sitting outside signing people up on the spot (get it??) so that the guests could get in early with all of the other REDcarders. And then it'll be even more impossible to get conversion scores green.

except the more people who have redcards and use them in your store make it easier to hit your conversion.

except the more people who have redcards and use them in your store make it easier to hit your conversion.

This. More guests that already have Red Cards would result in fewer prompts. However, anyone that's interested in opening a Red Card would probably have opened one before they started shopping, so it would be more difficult to get applications during checkout. In a given amount of time, instead of getting 60 conversions out of 200 prompts, you might get 4 conversions out of 50 prompts. Exaggerated numbers, I know, but hopefully you get the point.

We had a TM this morning who only does back up cashing get coached because he was not asking every single guest. The push is annoying at my store. Almost harassment. God help you if you're a TM without a Redcard. Another said they would take the store to court is he got fired over not asking guests if they were interested

I think if they just knocked it off with the prompts everything would be a-okay because like someone mentioned so many guests have redcards already and I think if we eliminated the prompts it might make the conversion scores go way up.

I think if they just knocked it off with the prompts everything would be a-okay because like someone mentioned so many guests have redcards already and I think if we eliminated the prompts it might make the conversion scores go way up.

Well if prompts went away conversion would of course go up, however Target wants there to be pressure around REDcards so stores are driving it! I had suggested a way to implement a metric that would reward stores who have high REDcard usage and lower their conversion scores, and in the same respect raise conversion goals for stores with low REDcard usage :)

Well if prompts went away conversion would of course go up, however Target wants there to be pressure around REDcards so stores are driving it! I had suggested a way to implement a metric that would reward stores who have high REDcard usage and lower their conversion scores, and in the same respect raise conversion goals for stores with low REDcard usage :)

Hey spot! Are you reading this from rock?

"Why are the LINES SO GD LONG!?!?!?!"

....Because theres 2 TMs at the entrance sucking up payroll badgering people for REDCards ;-)

I always love it when the wait in a line goes from 2 minutes to 10 because someone is applying for a REDcard. Urge to kill... rising.

Lol yeah as much as I love getting to ring up all the guests who already have a RedCard, aren't interested in one cos they're only buying two items for a combined total of less than $5.00 and are already late to whatever they're doing/wherever they're going, and "only" speak Brazilian Portuguese/Spanish/Mandarin/Farsi/anything that you figure will be an automatic conversation ender ( unless and/or until that one item doesn't ring up "the right price" )....

....but yeah, no, great job team on getting another conversion....

What angers me is prompt errors.

When the difference between red and green comes down to a couple prompts, it angers me when a guest did not receive a card in the mail, but has a temporary slip. Oh, but it's expired. And after scanning it twice, the system telling us "This is expired" it then PROMPTS IF THE GUEST WOULD LIKE TO OPEN A REDCARD.

THEY HAVE ONE YOU ASSHOLES DIDN'T SEND IT TO THEM ON TIME DAMNIT YOU JUST KILLED IT!!!!

OH, and the other day, a guest swiped a RedCard, it was declined. They swiped their credit card. You guessed it. PROMPT.

YOU'RE KILLIN ME SMALLS.

They should AT LEAST fix that glitch. I can't tell you how much those probably hurt us.

Also, I'm in a B volume store. It's Friday. Why am I already over 1500 prompts with a 26% penetration rate!!!?!?!

Some of the stores I go to have pushed the fee's on the customers by charging up to $1.00 for using a credit/debit card. I know it's only a dollar but still

What angers me is prompt errors.

When the difference between red and green comes down to a couple prompts, it angers me when a guest did not receive a card in the mail, but has a temporary slip. Oh, but it's expired. And after scanning it twice, the system telling us "This is expired" it then PROMPTS IF THE GUEST WOULD LIKE TO OPEN A REDCARD.

THEY HAVE ONE YOU ASSHOLES DIDN'T SEND IT TO THEM ON TIME DAMNIT YOU JUST KILLED IT!!!!

OH, and the other day, a guest swiped a RedCard, it was declined. They swiped their credit card. You guessed it. PROMPT.

YOU'RE KILLIN ME SMALLS.

They should AT LEAST fix that glitch. I can't tell you how much those probably hurt us.

Also, I'm in a B volume store. It's Friday. Why am I already over 1500 prompts with a 26% penetration rate!!!?!?!

The only way to get around it is to suspend the order. The system will not prompt if you're in an order that was suspended. The only problem with this is that AP will get suspicious if you have a lot of suspended orders. Also, orders that include a Target gift card (as payment or as a purchased item) will often - not always, but often - not prompt because the 5% wouldn't apply to the gift card anyways.

And re: temp slips - I think the slip shouldn't expire until the guest activates their card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back