Archived Why is it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it when u backstock items that were sent back from aisles that were just broken it ask u to pull them during caf pulls on the same day and it asks for the same quantity u just backstocked. Waste if time

If you're backstocking you need to use two applications; STO and SUBT.

You first STO the item, we will say 10 of them with the same DPCI. Then you switch to SUBT and scan it, then when it asks how many you want to pull you enter 999 or 9999 and when it asks if there are any left in location select yes and then put the quantity, in this case 10.

If you do that most of the time the accumulator, (i believe thats what its called) will reset and shouldn't ask you to pull them again. That's in a perfect world.

I understand how to reset accumulator just wondering if anyone knows why you would even have to. It would be quicker to sto the product back in right after u pull it rather than subt9999. Pulls are based on sales. If it didnt sell it shouldnt ask for it in a pull. Always asks for the same stuff we backstocked even though we didnt sell any

another trick I sometimes use is if there's 10 of something I sto 110 then subt 100 that usually fixes the accumulator

another trick I sometimes use is if there's 10 of something I sto 110 then subt 100 that usually fixes the accumulator

Sounds like that should work, interesting how we all have our different ways. I haven't heard of anyone doing that at my store. I like it.

I understand how to reset accumulator just wondering if anyone knows why you would even have to. It would be quicker to sto the product back in right after u pull it rather than subt9999. Pulls are based on sales. If it didnt sell it shouldnt ask for it in a pull. Always asks for the same stuff we backstocked even though we didnt sell any

sometimes when you do that, it will come out in the next hour, this happens to me ALL THE TIME...

question: who backstocks those broken down aisles? is it your backroom team or plano? or whoever breaks them down?

at my store, plano will do it but they dont know how to SUBT 999 so they just STO it

sometimes when you do that, it will come out in the next hour, this happens to me ALL THE TIME...

question: who backstocks those broken down aisles? is it your backroom team or plano? or whoever breaks them down?

at my store, plano will do it but they dont know how to SUBT 999 so they just STO it

One time a plano team member back stocked 100's of towels before the first set of CAFS dropped and the first CAF asked for every single one of them out because he didn't SUBT, it took 48 minutes to pull the 11's when it usually takes 10-15 minutes. Worst morning I ever worked when I was backroom.

You have to reset the accumulator because breaking a POG tie doesn't automatically do it. You didn't sell any after backstocking the stuff, that's true, but you sold some before backstocking it. Those items that came off the floor weren't full to capacity, so they already had an accumulator value--and now, even though the capacity is zero (or was reduced from 24 to 8, or whatever the case may be), the accumulator is still gonna want you to pull whatever it already wanted. If you have a slow day some time, check some items as you do plano backstock. Make a note of the items that already had a backroom location and those that didn't, and then compare that to which of the items the system asks you to pull right back out in the next set of CAFs. It'll only ask for the things that didn't already have backroom locations.

If you're backstocking you need to use two applications; STO and SUBT.

You first STO the item, we will say 10 of them with the same DPCI. Then you switch to SUBT and scan it, then when it asks how many you want to pull you enter 999 or 9999 and when it asks if there are any left in location select yes and then put the quantity, in this case 10.

If you do that most of the time the accumulator, (i believe thats what its called) will reset and shouldn't ask you to pull them again. That's in a perfect world.

I just want to say I love you guys right now . This happens too me way too often after I just finished back stocking and none of my ETLS have told me about this .

This doesnt fix the accumulator if anything it's messing it up. The rule is subt 9999 is to be used to reset the accumulator that part is in the programming of the system. When you subt product at random numbers that is affecting the accumulator. This is leading to more unproductive pulls or empty holes on your salesfloor.

At my store, it always gets left for backroom dayside to take care of....it's tough when the major areas reset, and one night having a clean backroom, and coming in the next day and having 10-15 tubs and flats of backstock, and not enough bodies to handle the regular pulls (especially since they added the 7's back in last week.) By the time we get to where we can work on that stuff, its time to go home.....and now they have us leaving even earlier.

One time a plano team member back stocked 100's of towels before the first set of CAFS dropped and the first CAF asked for every single one of them out because he didn't SUBT, it took 48 minutes to pull the 11's when it usually takes 10-15 minutes. Worst morning I ever worked when I was backroom.

Now imagine doing that in the freezer... good thing it was a short shift and I was done at 12:30, because I was ready to blow up at that point. We've also had 2 hour+ pulls in MM2 because of that crap. When you work early mornings and don't have to pull CAFs, you have no incentive to spend the extra 2 seconds to SUBT9999. Fortunately our ETL-LOG has been getting on everyone to do that recently.

At our store, Plano is supposed to pull and then backstock their own stuff, but that's a rarity. For a while they would bring their vehicles of backstock to the BR, put a sign on it that said "Plano" and yell at us (BRTMs) if we put it away... then they would leave it there! Now it's pretty much assumed that BR will put it away.

This doesnt fix the accumulator if anything it's messing it up. The rule is subt 9999 is to be used to reset the accumulator that part is in the programming of the system. When you subt product at random numbers that is affecting the accumulator. This is leading to more unproductive pulls or empty holes on your salesfloor.

Yes, this DOES fix the problem, unless the value on the accumulator was more than 100 higher than it should have been. Subt 99/999/9999 is NOT a special code programmed into the system, it's just a really high number. It works no differently from subtracting 120 or 350 or 7777. All you're doing is getting the accumulator to 0 by pulling a number that's higher than it could possibly want. And you can't mess up the accumulator by pulling a big number, because it will never go below 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back