Why is Target so bad at keeping items in stock?

Our Target Mobile is about to buy sim cards online and cancel the order so they go return to stock. Distribution center never supplys them enough sim cards which is hurting their commission. When they do send some once a month, they send like 5 which lasts us all but a few hours. They literally have to tell guests to go to Best Buy and come back. That is unacceptable.

This is not just a problem with sim cards, but a lot of items. Items are constantly out of stock with mySupport saying none are being ordered by the DC, why?

Our aisles look empty, and mySupport literally telling us they wont send more because of over performance. That seems like a reason to order MORE??

I ask for an increased OTL yet mySupport says we are in line with our sales. HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT WE ARE SELLING IF WE DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SELL?

Our sales are hurting because we have nothing people want. Hello??? I can't save the sale because shipping is too damn slow. You can go on Amazon and get something way cheaper the next day.

Reshop Ninja

Softlines Dps
Have you tried checking your capacity counts for the sd cards? Maybe the reason you aren't getting as many is because the floor capacity is really low or isn't tied to a pog. I had the same thing happen in my department where I wasn't getting any folded jeans because the pog somehow got untied. Once I retied the pog I started getting a bunch in on my truck.

gsa4lyfe

Always here
We have the same issues with SIM cards and have to take from a sister store often because they get a ton for some reason.

60SecondsRemaining

Former SrTL - Replen
Don't mysupport this. You need to get with your DM and explain to them the financial impact. At a minimum, they should be able to store to store transfer you some cards and give you a few months to generate some sales data.

I would suggest asking them to get you twice as many to start with (you have 5, get you 10), then go from there.

Mysupport generally does not align financially, they're looking at this from a problem/resolution standpoint. To them you are selling X therefore you get X. They aren't going to take into account sales dates, they can't see that info.

Black Sheep 214

Kiss no butts, give no fox
Green metrics are important to Spot because they can use them as evidence of an efficient, successful process for the stockholders. Since lost sales can’t be tracked, the stockholders can’t take them into account, so...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have you tried checking your capacity counts for the sd cards? Maybe the reason you aren't getting as many is because the floor capacity is really low or isn't tied to a pog. I had the same thing happen in my department where I wasn't getting any folded jeans because the pog somehow got untied. Once I retied the pog I started getting a bunch in on my truck.
The capacity for the sim cards are 9999 plus another blue tie with capacity 9999

gsa4lyfe

Always here
The capacity for the sim cards are 9999 plus another blue tie with capacity 9999
Changing instore capacities won’t change your OTL. See what the actual POG set capacity for that item is.

Reshop Ninja

Softlines Dps
🤨 What the hell? That amount is way too high! If I were you I would do an Exf and greatly lower the capacity to something far more feasible. If possible, see what the capacity is supposed to be according to the pog it's tied to and change it to that. I would then confirm your floor count and wait a few days to see if that fixes it.

🤨 What the hell? That amount is way too high! If I were you I would do an Exf and greatly lower the capacity to something far more feasible. If possible, see what the capacity is supposed to be according to the pog it's tied to and change it to that. I would then confirm your floor count and wait a few days to see if that fixes it.
I've seen pog capacities for ONE peg of socks set at over 2,000. We had a peg for a lanyard preset at 18,000 this last set. Do you think those amounts are way too high?