Archived why target cut hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our two weeks schedule is still bad .. only difference I saw from feb to March is hours went from 16 to 20.. 😕

ETLHR/STL technically can’t cut someone from their shift can they? I remember back when I started this was true but more and more I’m seeing this change in “policy”.

I've been with Target for 18 years (19 in August). I was part of the mass hire that opened my store. I have never seen the hours this slim for this long. I regularly check the swap shift board, but no one has hours to give up. I am a front end team member, who is trained for cashier, carts, guest service, and self-checkout (and at times, an ersatz GSA), and still am routinely getting less than 20 hours in a week. Leadership says that the hours will be increasing soon, without defining "soon" or to what degree they will be increased. We'll see

I've been with Target for 18 years (19 in August). I was part of the mass hire that opened my store. I have never seen the hours this slim for this long. I regularly check the swap shift board, but no one has hours to give up. I am a front end team member, who is trained for cashier, carts, guest service, and self-checkout (and at times, an ersatz GSA), and still am routinely getting less than 20 hours in a week. Leadership says that the hours will be increasing soon, without defining "soon" or to what degree they will be increased. We'll see

Will be interesting to see if they cut hours again in January or if modernization will stop a reduction in hours each year. If this is going to be a 20-30 hours a week job for 6 months a year and 4 hours a week for the other 6 I along with many others won't be sticking around long.

Will be interesting to see if they cut hours again in January or if modernization will stop a reduction in hours each year. If this is going to be a 20-30 hours a week job for 6 months a year and 4 hours a week for the other 6 I along with many others won't be sticking around long.
If this keeps up, yes, they are going to lose a lot of team members. My store already is. One of our cart attendants just turned in his two weeks notice. Others are openly talking about quitting or transferring to other stores. If offered a position elsewhere with comparable pay and benefits, I would leave too.

For about 3 months my hours increased from 20 to 36 next week I got only 30 hours. Last week I mentioned to store director I wanted a 12 hour 6day work week. She said Target doesnt do that. Ive been self employed for 20 years owning and managing small c-stores. When employees do good we would reward them with bonus and more hours if they wanted. Everyone in my store had 40 plus hours. All the leaders always say how great Iam doing. Iam not the only one that got hours cut. I work in market and thers about 6 of us. 5 of us always had 35 plus hours now there getting 14 hours and team lead down to 20 hours. Whos going to put the stuff on the shelf.? Maybe because sales are down. Well if no one puts the stuff on the shelf sales will drop even more. I hope this just temporary as I enjoy coming into work making Target look great.

Last edited:
For about 3 months my hours increased from 20 to 36 next week I got only 30 hours. Last week I mentioned to store director I wanted a 12 hour 6day work week. She said Target doesnt do that. Ive been self employed for 20 years owning and managing small c-stores. When employees do good we would reward them with bonus and more hours if they wanted. Everyone in my store had 40 plus hours. All the leaders always say how great Iam doing. Iam not the only one that got hours cut. I work in market and thers about 6 of us. 5 of us always had 35 plus hours now there getting 14 hours and team lead down to 20 hours. Whos going to put the stuff on the shelf.? Maybe because sales are down. Well if no puts the stuff on the shelf sales will drop even more. I hope this just temporary as I enjoy coming into work making Target look great.
This seems to be the norm. I hate that the shelves will be empty but if hours are cut then sales go down. Make sure you order less for produce. No cleaning can be done with less hours. Don’t do any research cause that will make your trucks bigger. Oh and leave expired food on the shelves you don’t have time for that either.

Cut hours is not guest first.

I got a temporary bump in hours, as one of the cart attendants was let go, and another is leaving for college at the end of the summer. Of course, once replacements are hired and "trained," it will be back to business as usual. The summer bump in hours that has traditionally occurred, hasn't. If this continues into Q4, there could be mutiny. (I'm feeling mutinous already.)

Target
For about 3 months my hours increased from 20 to 36 next week I got only 30 hours. Last week I mentioned to store director I wanted a 12 hour 6day work week. She said Target doesnt do that. Ive been self employed for 20 years owning and managing small c-stores. When employees do good we would reward them with bonus and more hours if they wanted. Everyone in my store had 40 plus hours. All the leaders always say how great Iam doing. Iam not the only one that got hours cut. I work in market and thers about 6 of us. 5 of us always had 35 plus hours now there getting 14 hours and team lead down to 20 hours. Whos going to put the stuff on the shelf.? Maybe because sales are down. Well if no one puts the stuff on the shelf sales will drop even more. I hope this just temporary as I enjoy coming into work making Target look great.
Target never allows OT for tm.

This seems to be the norm. I hate that the shelves will be empty but if hours are cut then sales go down. Make sure you order less for produce. No cleaning can be done with less hours. Don’t do any research cause that will make your trucks bigger. Oh and leave expired food on the shelves you don’t have time for that either.

Cut hours is not guest first.

Cutting hours is bad for sales and food safety. Target should know that you can't run a grocery section with less hours. If they're not serious about it, then they should just get rid of grocery and make more space for fulfillment. I work at Amazon prime now warehouse in the evenings and their system is so much better and they don't care if you stay later to finish a task. They know how to run grocery the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back