Archived Why Target lost its aim

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I adjusted my 401k so that only a tiny smidgen is invested in target stock.

This is why I adjusted my 401k so that only a tiny smidgen is invested in target stock.

Would it be considered insider trading to short Target's stock? I have no secret knowledge other than what I see and read on here. It baffles me that it's been going up for almost the past year.

Would it be considered insider trading to short Target's stock? I have no secret knowledge other than what I see and read on here. It baffles me that it's been going up for almost the past year.

As a TM at a store, you have absolutely no inside information. Insider trading would be like selling short the day before the canada announcement when you knew about it in advance.

I am pretty sure a good portion of my 401k is in Target stock, after joining TBR and finding my fears and frustrations echoed in so many forums, I believe I shall shuffle my portfolio around so I am not at risk of losing it all if Target goes belly-up.

I am pretty sure a good portion of my 401k is in Target stock, after joining TBR and finding my fears and frustrations echoed in so many forums, I believe I shall shuffle my portfolio around so I am not at risk of losing it all if Target goes belly-up.

If you don't alter the defaults, all of Target's matching portion is in target stock.

I have to disagree with the PFRESH portion, but I think Target got too ambitious with it. In certain stores, certain areas, PFRESH works and is highly profitable. But it doesn't work in *every* market. That was Targets failure....PFRESH shouldn't be the default store model.

I would be very careful shorting TGT in the current economic environment at this point in time unless you know what you are doing.

Cutting jobs is seen as a good sign on Wall Street.

Considering that one of the signs of an improving economy is the upturn in employment isn't it sad that Wall Street sees a company firing employees as improving itself?
There are very good reasons our economy is in the horrible condition it is in and most of that can laid to rest at the feet of big banks and Wall Street.

The first and foremost primary job of a C.E.O. of a publicly traded company is to increase shareholder value via earnings per share. This is not only the foremost priority but it is legally mandated. That needs to be taken up with the Security and Exchange Commission. Long term company security and profitability is not the legal fiduciary responsibility of of a publicly traded company and if it is, they can be sued by shareholders. It is sad state of affairs. Employment may not be seen as a sign of a an improving economy anymore as we are in a new day and age perhaps similar to the industrial revolution. Look anngt spots automated warehouses. I don't necessarily agree but these factors need to be taken into account. However where your stated goal is customer service, YOU NEED EMPLOYEES!
Considering that one of the signs of an improving economy is the upturn in employment isn't it sad that Wall Street sees a company firing employees as improving itself?
There are very good reasons our economy is in the horrible condition it is in and most of that can laid to rest at the feet of big banks and Wall Street.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Modern Business 101, your introductory course on how to get as much money from a company as humanly possible all while destroying what the company originally stood for!

Learn how to kiss ass please the shareholders by blowing them delivering healthy returns on their investments. Read up on all current laws and their loopholes so you know exactly how to exploit them how to perform business in an ethical manner. Learn how to manage your employees by pushing them to the edge then Sparta-kicking them over by motivating them to achieve excellence!

Finally, the most important lesson this class can teach you is that you, most likely old white christian heterosexual cisgendered male CEO Mr. CEO, have achieved the American Dream, you are able to provide for your family, and you are quite well off. This is followed by lessons on how to COMPLETELY BURN THE FUCKING BRIDGES BEHIND YOU SO NOBODY ELSE CAN ASCEND TO ACHIEVING THE AMERICAN DREAM LIKE YOU. I MEAN NOT ONLY DO YOU BURN THE BRIDGES YOU BURN THE ENTIRE FOREST SO THAT A NEW BRIDGE CAN'T BE BUILT AND YOU SALT THE FUCKING EARTH SO THAT WE CAN'T REGROW THE TREES TO EVEN BEGIN TO REBUILD THE BRIDGES.

I would be an amazing college course description writer.

The journalist that titled this article "lost his aim."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back