Archived Why we love Black Friday at Target...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning? LOL! Nobody had any idea where anything was going to be until we clocked in that evening, and nothing was where it was supposed to be anyway, leading to much chaos over the walkie.

"We all sit down and have a family meal."

Did he really say that!

omg.

When it comes to my store it's a free-for-all mad rush to get food when it comes into the breakroom.

On the Wednesday before Black Friday, they brought in pizza and pretty much the entire hardlines team went on break at the same time. "Family meal" lolol

Holy apple table overstock. And that guy isn't a cashier; he had a walkie! ;)

I wonder how many extra TM's and payroll it took to zone the store that nice. Ahh, one can dream...

This was probably Target's attempt at doing some damage control over the bad press they got for opening even earlier this year. And yeah Snookie, way to be appropriately full with those apples!

I'm also not sure if that guy was trying harder to convince himself or the audience that he was having a great time. It kind of reminded me of the videos they use for orientations.

Last edited:
That store is a p-fresh. It could be possible, that Jason the stl does a good job at his store. It seems to be a fairly new store.

Family meal??? But the team members have to bring a recipe? Just the recipe on a card or the actual food???

Family meal??? But the team members have to bring a recipe? Just the recipe on a card or the actual food???

That was poorly worded on his part, wasn't it?
I'm pretty sure he meant it was potluck with everyone bringing food but the idea of every employee being able to sit down at once and eat all together is such bull shit.

No footage of the backroom. I guess they didn't want to show pallets of unworked pulls everywhere and a half a dozen pissed off TMs yelling at the TV crew to get the hell out of the way.

They should also show everyone running around like a chicken with their head cut off at 12:30 Thanksgiving morning getting ready.

Last edited:
That store is a p-fresh. It could be possible, that Jason the stl does a good job at his store. It seems to be a fairly new store.

Can't be too new - they have the older plastic and metal carts. My first thought was it's a store near HQ, maybe where Gregg and other higher ups might shop on the weekends. Never seen a store that perfect. So that's what softlines tables are supposed to look like! And all the pegged product pulled forward on the endcaps too.

He said he was "Jason, Store Team Lead, at Target Gateway in Brooklyn New Yawk.".

Copy pasta from the description:

Store team leader Jason Stocchetti reveals how his team at the Gateway Target in Brooklyn, N.Y. has been prepping for his favorite sale of the year.

Can't be too new - they have the older plastic and metal carts. My first thought was it's a store near HQ, maybe where Gregg and other higher ups might shop on the weekends. Never seen a store that perfect. So that's what softlines tables are supposed to look like! And all the pegged product pulled forward on the endcaps too.

We're not the oldest store in the area but we're the only ones left with the old carts...every time another store upgraded, we got a bunch of their old ones. I doubt we'll be upgraded any time soon.

We had a corporate video filmed in my store once. Extra people were brought in to zone, we stayed until 2 am making sure everything was perfect, there was no truck scheduled for the next morning, and they rolled film from maybe 1am to 5 am. Areas of the store were blocked off while they were filming when regular tms were there.

It looked like one of the cashier extras was handling the till without a guest at the lane. Suspicious. And shouldn't they be zoning the lanes if there are no guests at the lanes.

I guess that TMs have to bring in their own recipes (dishes) because opening up on Thanksgiving no restaurant/catering business will be open to bring in food for the team.

Last edited:
It looked like one of the cashier extras was handling the till without a guest at the lane. Suspicious. And shouldn't they be zoning the lanes if there are no guests at the lanes.

I guess that TMs have to bring in their own recipes (dishes) because opening up on Thanksgiving no restaurant/catering business will be open to bring in food for the team.

We had 4 different types of food throughout thursday and friday

1. Baja Fresh thursday night
2. Some place for bagels and other pastries early friday morning
3. Popeyes Chicken around noon
4. Dominos twice friday night

Was I the only one bothered by the multiple aisle signs sticking out of the holders when he was walking the racetrack at the beginning of the video?

Everyone at my store was stoked, or most of the team members were. OT was approved and every single TM from the backroom requested to stay late Thursday Night/friday morning. backroom was 100% clean and everyone said keeping that busy really made the shift fly by. also we had some sort of sub catering delivered (so much no one was fighting over food and it lasted 3 more days) it was the best week of work i had yet, and spirits were high.

Everyone at my store was stoked, or most of the team members were. OT was approved and every single TM from the backroom requested to stay late Thursday Night/friday morning. backroom was 100% clean and everyone said keeping that busy really made the shift fly by. also we had some sort of sub catering delivered (so much no one was fighting over food and it lasted 3 more days) it was the best week of work i had yet, and spirits were high.

bsflag.gif

The backroom was 100% clean on Black Friday? You're either an ULV store, extremely overstaffed, or lying.

Or your backroom team was burning the CAFs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back