Archived Wic item replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

very salty mocha

no, we don't sell bagels here
When I first started my old stl said the best way to keep wic guests to shop more often is if they want an item but it is out of stock to replace it with similar items. Example would be if they wanted a wicable cheese but we didnt have the correct size we'd give them smaller sizes equal to the original amount. Do other stores do this when needed? I've heard mixed talks about wic item replacements

When I first started my old stl said the best way to keep wic guests to shop more often is if they want an item but it is out of stock to replace it with similar items. Example would be if they wanted a wicable cheese but we didnt have the correct size we'd give them smaller sizes equal to the original amount. Do other stores do this when needed? I've heard mixed talks about wic item replacements

That can be tricky real tricky.

Nope, that's illegal here.

I think only approved items are, well, approved. If it doesn't have a WIC logo next to the shelf label, your store can get in a lot of trouble with the program. Too much trouble and your store loses it and all the potential money it brings in.

If it's not WICable, they don't get it. End of story.

Anything goes wrong with a WIC transaction, your store doesn't get paid for it. Too many and you lose WIC.

What happened to my store. Our ETL GE didn't understand that WIC had rules and training for it was not optional or an opening to push a redcard on a guest.

One of our sister stores that takes WIC (we can't) was fined for doing what you described.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back