Archived Will BTS make payroll give the hours we use to get before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but I keep blaming on the matching $9 minimum with Walmart, my hours were cut since then, I get paid more hourly but I earn less than before.

Will BTS finally give Spot more fucking hours? I've had enough of this bullshit, i keep listening that last year wasn't this bad. Also what about holidays could they be the worst holiday hours ever?

I REALLY HOPE next year Target don't increase minimum to $10 becuase that will really even worse than now. How long am i going to work? 2 hours daily ?!

I doubt it, I just get the feeling in markets that came up to $9 an hour will be skeleton crews until sales bring them back to pre-increase profits. It was really bad for us at the beginning of the year but has evened out, like it should have. But I am in a over $9 market, in the 5+ years we were never under $9 to start always even or over..

Now if we could actually get idiot ETL's to actually schedule we could make the store look good.

I'm honestly loosing hope in Target. Supposedly a guy from Plano says that starting Back to School the hours should be back and after that there is really no rest because it comes Halloween and holidays, I have little because like I said everything started going downhill early April, it wasn't quite as bad in January-February.

I'm honestly loosing hope in Target. Supposedly a guy from Plano says that starting Back to School the hours should be back and after that there is really no rest because it comes Halloween and holidays, I have little because like I said everything started going downhill early April, it wasn't quite as bad in January-February.
That is rather odd because in most markets nationwide the sales aren't there to support hours in the Jan to April timeframe. We usually get hit mid Jan to mid March or April. Depends if you are on the good list or not if you get stuck with an extra month of shitty hours.

In all honesty though whether you bounce back from 20-30ish hours in April before seaonal hiring tells you a lot about how the TLs feel about you at my store. I've got fellow TMs who have been there just a tad longer than I have and they get down to 10-15 in the lean times and maybe as high as 20-30 in 4th quarter. But thats picking up shifts as well as what they get scheduled.

After all this is not a full time job of 40hrs for anyone below a TL and some specialty positions. I feel like the national definition is 30ish these days. Anything close to that is doing well in retail. You want 40hrs this is likely the wrong job for you.

That is rather odd because in most markets nationwide the sales aren't there to support hours in the Jan to April timeframe. We usually get hit mid Jan to mid March or April. Depends if you are on the good list or not if you get stuck with an extra month of shitty hours.

In all honesty though whether you bounce back from 20-30ish hours in April before seaonal hiring tells you a lot about how the TLs feel about you at my store. I've got fellow TMs who have been there just a tad longer than I have and they get down to 10-15 in the lean times and maybe as high as 20-30 in 4th quarter. But thats picking up shifts as well as what they get scheduled.

After all this is not a full time job of 40hrs for anyone below a TL and some specialty positions. I feel like the national definition is 30ish these days. Anything close to that is doing well in retail. You want 40hrs this is likely the wrong job for you.

Well i would say this ETL didn't like me before becuase I had bad availability problems because of school, so he took it bad a couple of times ,but ever since I graduated this may I openly told him that I'm 100% open, he did started to give me more hours and actually last week he made me work longer becuase well we were really very short handed and for this week we only have 4 trucks but he scheduled me in a non truck day, but still yesterday my stupid Sr TL sent me home after reaching 3 hours and today he sent me even though there were food trucks to stock; however, I wasn't the only one sent today like other 5 guys too and also they always work food trucks with me too. IDK if the hours are tighter this week than last one ,but i want this to end because I would normallyget 25-30 hours.

Could be because of your availability. I have been averaging 35-40 hrs a week. While I have noticed that those in my workcenter with less availability aren't getting less hrs then the usually do

September to Mid October is another lull period.

Well last year it wasn't as bad but unfortunately I don't we may be as successful this time. I really hope they don't make minimum to $10 an hour next year or we'll be damned.

Well last year itsn't as bad but unfortunately I don't we may be as successful this time. I really hope they don't make minimum to $10 an hour next year or we'll be damned.
Gosh, I hope they do move to $10 next year. Many of my TMs got over a $1/hr raise because of the increase to $9.

Gosh, I hope they do move to $10 next year. Many of my TMs got over a $1/hr raise because of the increase to $9.
Yeah but then they will cut hours to make sure that they are not spending any more on payroll. So TMs who are getting 30 hours at $9 might get cut back to 27 hours at $10.

Still getting the same take-home pay, just with a lot more stress from trying to do the same amount of work in less time.

SFSFun said:
Yeah but then they will cut hours to make sure that they are not spending any more on payroll. So TMs who are getting 30 hours at $9 might get cut back to 27 hours at $10.

Still getting the same take-home pay, just with a lot more stress from trying to do the same amount of work in less time.
But less time spent in Target is a plus in my book. Unfortunately, my hours haven't been cut.

I'll be gone September 1st, so I guess I'll be helping meet payroll.

Some friends have all quit after being so long before than me at Target, along with some new TM. My ETL gets so angry lol, as part of Flow nobody lasts with these fucking shitty shifts lol , coming at 4AM to leave at 7AM (3 fucking damn hours of work), definitively not worthy staying up all night without having any sleep, but oh well people won't last unless they extend the shifts to 5-6 hours again, they should see this pattern , around 11 people started with us late March and they all quit!, but they want to keep giving us short crappy shifts BRAVO! go on, people won't lasts period.

Last edited:

Or with fewer people.

Some friends have all quit after being so long before than me at Target, along with some new TM. My ETL gets so angry lol, as part of Flow nobody lasts with these fucking shitty shifts lol , coming at 4AM to leave at 7AM (3 fucking damn hours of work), definitively not worthy staying up all night without having any sleep, but oh well people won't last unless they extend the shifts to 5-6 hours again, they should see this pattern , around 11 people started with us late March and they all quit!, but they want to keep giving us short crappy shifts BRAVO! go on, people won't lasts period.
In order to retain workers, an employer has to offer something to its employees. Otherwise, the employee will jump ship as soon as another employer offers what the employee needs/wants. Most people don't find it worthwhile to interrupt their schedule to earn 3 hours of pay, particularly for Target's low hourly wage. Seems people are more motivated when they can earn 4 or 5 hours of pay. So either Target does a better job of meeting its workers needs, or it keeps spending alot of $$$ to hire and train new workers. Simple as that.

From what was stated at a huddle a few days ago, we're hiring seasonal for BTS/BTC.

More workers spread out the hours and make it easier for scheduling. Also, lowers hours for regular TMs to avoid overtime and of course any benefits.

I'm trained in Flow, Backroom, Plano, Cashier, Produce, and Meat. Yet, I am scheduled minimal hours the past few weeks. :(

From what was stated at a huddle a few days ago, we're hiring seasonal for BTS/BTC.

More workers spread out the hours and make it easier for scheduling. Also, lowers hours for regular TMs to avoid overtime and of course any benefits.

I'm trained in Flow, Backroom, Plano, Cashier, Produce, and Meat. Yet, I am scheduled minimal hours the past few weeks. :(

In my case I believe my store is not hiring. I've checked to see if they would, but they're not, at least not for Flow.

Stores seem to be perpetually hiring these days. Remember the good old days when they only put "Now Hiring" signs on the doors when we actually needed people because turnover was much lower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back