Will I be termed for this?

Time clock violation?
So I got spoken to today about signing a punch correction for 10am, but was informed I was seen looking/standing at the time clock at 10:07am. The punch correction was already pre-filled out for me. So without thinking I signed it since it was like several days later. I was told that I usually tend to clock in at 3 to 5 minutes after my start time and it was unusual for the 10:00 sharp punch correction causing me to be "red flagged". I was told it was serious and that it could be considered time clock fraud and that it could include termination. So I asked if I would be termed for this and the response was they didn't think so based on my response to the ''seek and understand" we had as long as it didn't happen again since it seemed as though it wasn't intentional but they needed to send my response to Hrbp for final word. I let it be known that I was very concerned about being termed for this and was told if they hear back today they will let me know asap of the course of action. They also suggested it could be a counseling or PDD or possible write up. They know I have the day off tomorrow and was seemingly trying to reassure me by letting me know as soon as possible so I won't be stresses out. Well the day ended and haven't heard anything and I think my SD is off on Thursday so I guess I won't find out till Friday? My question is can i be termed for this? It has never happened before. Should I be worried? I can handle any other kind of write up or whatever I just don't want to lose my job. Help!!

If it's a mistake and the first time, over look it, move on. If the employee is honest, works hard and the mgmt still busts ass over this petty crap then they are getting off on power and aren't worth working for/with. If it's intentional and with repetition, out the door they go. Yes, it is Schadenfreude, inexperienced mgmt getting a buzz off of busting someone's stones without a solid substantial reason. This is nothing new, I've seen it in the 60s right into '21.
Sometimes people screw up dude. And sometimes it has to be addressed. Not all managers are on power trips.

Drop the dude. Of course they screw up, happens to everyone but historically Target hires inexperienced "managers" who are immature and take things a bit too far. Key word is (some) managers, certainly not all.

Not looking to promote to ETL anyway and my store is in the middle of nowhere so transferring is a non issue. Just going to make sure I am paying more attention to the time clock and not miss anymore punches. At the end of the day it's up to me.. Just need to make sure I don't give them any reason to question me. On the flip side I'm exploring my options elsewhere if something comes up that matches what I'm getting at Target I' m gonna take it.
Good for you. Good luck on your search.

Back