Archived Will I get Fired? Took home gstl keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey yall, first time posting. Ive been a gsa for about 2 years but tonight i did something incredibly stupid, I was in my car after closing when I realize I still had my gstl keys on me. I called my lod that night (had his number) but he said he couldnt turn around to let me back into the building (he left first, i smoked before I got in my car) so now I have these keys in my car and im bringing them
Back as soon as the store opens tomorrow morning, but what can I expect as punishment? Am I immediatley fired or is this a final warning (i dont have any write ups or warnings). Anyway i cant sleep, and i feel like im gonna throw up, i could of swore i threw them on the tsc counter with my walkie

If they don't want to be dicks it should be no problem, especially if you are there at opening. Don't lose any sleep over it.

My store, would depend on what kind of worker you are.

If they're trying to fire you, which it doesn't sound like it, they would use this towards that
If they like you, you are fine.

If you however LOST the keys, and it got stolen, i.e left them and got jacked, different story.. think that's a final/fired.

Since you realized before you left target property, immediately notified your LOD in an attempt to return it right away, AND you're going back to store at open then I think you'll be fine. If I was your ETL at worse I'd have a conversation with you and do a PDD, depending on your past behavior.

Do LODs at your store not have to do a key check before they leave? At my store the closing LOD is supposed to make sure all keys are present and accounted for before leaving. We do a quick check around the store for missing keys and if we can't find them then we make a note in the closing emails.

Since you realized before you left target property, immediately notified your LOD in an attempt to return it right away, AND you're going back to store at open then I think you'll be fine. If I was your ETL at worse I'd have a conversation with you and do a PDD, depending on your past behavior.

Do LODs at your store not have to do a key check before they leave? At my store the closing LOD is supposed to make sure all keys are present and accounted for before leaving. We do a quick check around the store for missing keys and if we can't find them then we make a note in the closing emails.

I think they are supposed to check keys but the lod is pretty new

Then you can use that to your advantage. If they write you up without doing the same for the LOD then they could face serious repercussions from their HRBP.

I tried to write up a GSTL for something pretty serious, which the LOD should have caught. I was told that even though I'd reported the issue right away to ETL HR and ETL Senior Merch so that the offending ETL could be dealt with, I couldn't deliver a counseling since the STL never go around to dealing with that particular ETL.

Yeah, I wouldn't have said shit, and just snuck them back in when we opened. Pass them off to who is ever opening, and hope they're not a fucking nark. I doubt you'll be fired for the first time offense, but it can definitly lead to that if it happens again.

Always the key sign out sheet, that way you won't forget. Sign out keys when you come in & sign in keys when you leave.
You should be ok, because you did call your lod & will bring them in early next morning.

Went in at 7:30 am, a half hour before opening and dropped them off, definitely feel relived but i guess tmr when i go back to work will be the real test

Went in at 7:30 am, a half hour before opening and dropped them off, definitely feel relived but i guess tmr when i go back to work will be the real test

Just a side not, and not everyone will agree, but since the LOD didn't do a key check and wouldn't turn around, you should do a punch correction for the time it took you to return the keys. That is my opinion.

Just a side not, and not everyone will agree, but since the LOD didn't do a key check and wouldn't turn around, you should do a punch correction for the time it took you to return the keys. That is my opinion.
Yes but just because the LOD didn’t do THEIR job doesn’t excuse the fact that the GSTL didnt do theirs either. As NPC said...
I wouldn't stir the pot on this one.

I wouldn't stir the pot on this one.

And I can appreciate that view. Bu
Yes but just because the LOD didn’t do THEIR job doesn’t excuse the fact that the GSTL didnt do theirs either. As NPC said...

My point being, by taking the keys back, the op is doing work for Target. My thinking is .... the op accidentally took the keys. If the op gets in trouble or not is exclusive of whether the op returns them in the morning or not. From the op's original and follow up post, it seems the op was not scheduled the best day. In that case, the op used personal time and gas to undo a situation that already occurred.

What if the op gets called in the office tomorrow and gets written up? It will have made zero difference if the keys were brought back or not.

So in effect, the op may have worked for Target for no reason.

What if the op was leaving for vacation that night? What then? Either it's a coachable offense/final or it's not. Of course management can be lenient.

I live 45 minutes from my store. I'm not driving that far to do Target a favor. Especially if I have no certainty that I won't be written up. But the write up should be exclusive of whether I used my petsonal time and gas to take them back.

My point being, by taking the keys back, the op is doing work for Target. My thinking is .... the op accidentally took the keys. If the op gets in trouble or not is exclusive of whether the op returns them in the morning or not. From the op's original and follow up post, it seems the op was not scheduled the best day. In that case, the op used personal time and gas to undo a situation that already occurred.

What if the op gets called in the office tomorrow and gets written up? It will have made zero difference if the keys were brought back or not.

What if the op was leaving for vacation that night? What then? Either it's a coachable offense/final or it's not. Of course management can be lenient.

I live 45 minutes from my store. I'm not driving that far to do Target a favor. Especially if I have no certainty that I won't be written up. But the write up should be exclusive of whether I used my petsonal time and gas to take them back.

if you accidently take something that isn't yours, and then return it...you aren't doing a favor. You're fixing your mistake.

You’re not doing Target a favor, you’re fixing the mess that you caused. It’s still your responsibility to turn it in before you leave the store. LODs/ETLs aren’t getting paid to babysit your ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back