Logistics Will I get holiday pay for Veterans Day ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I work as A Flow Team Member for my Target store. and I usually have the night shifts and tonight I work from 11:30P.m-4:15A.m. But I usually stay longer for more hours, but when it hits midnight does that count for holiday pay since Veterans day is at 11/11/15

Last edited:
You get paid for working 4.25 hours on a Wednesday. Nothing special about it being Veterans Day.

Sorry about that, I was meant to say will I get paid Holiday pay for working Veterans day ?

I don't have a problem if veterans got some type of extra pay on veterans day. They did things and experienced things that a lot of people will never experience during their lives. I think I may tell the meat guy "happy veterans day". I know it's nothing but I've seen him wear his Vietnam hat while in the meat cooler so why not. My grandpa served in the army and fought the Japanese in the Philippines during WWII so I always try to remember him on veterans day. My grandpa has been dead since I was 9 but I always try to think of him on veterans day.

I don't have a problem if veterans got some type of extra pay on veterans day. They did things and experienced things that a lot of people will never experience during their lives. I think I may tell the meat guy "happy veterans day". I know it's nothing but I've seen him wear his Vietnam hat while in the meat cooler so why not. My grandpa served in the army and fought the Japanese in the Philippines during WWII so I always try to remember him on veterans day. My grandpa has been dead since I was 9 but I always try to think of him on veterans day.

I don't have a problem at all if any company wants to pay their employees whatever they want. But I don't want it written as a law or regulation. If Target said ... Hey veterans, you get a free Starbucks or whatever, go for it. The problem, my opinion, is the self serving aspect of it. I think its WalMart sponsoring the green light on your porch. Of course, we have zero lights. But guess who sells them?

I don't have a problem at all if any company wants to pay their employees whatever they want. But I don't want it written as a law or regulation. If Target said ... Hey veterans, you get a free Starbucks or whatever, go for it. The problem, my opinion, is the self serving aspect of it. I think its WalMart sponsoring the green light on your porch. Of course, we have zero lights. But guess who sells them?

I've always felt we should have some sort of discount for veterans on holidays like Veterans Day and Memorial Day. Like show a military ID, we scan a coupon for whatever percent off the total.

I told the meat guy "happy veterans day". He said thanks. He was wearing his Vietnam veteran hat today. He's worn it before. I don't have a problem with him wearing It at Target even though it's not "brand"(I hate that term). If you served America during the Vietnam war, you have earned the right to wear your veteran hat at your job.

Veterans should definitely get discounts and free crap on veterans day and in general in my opinion but of course you're going to have piece of shit people that will lie about being veterans in order to get free stuff.

I told the meat guy "happy veterans day". He said thanks. He was wearing his Vietnam veteran hat today. He's worn it before. I don't have a problem with him wearing It at Target even though it's not "brand"(I hate that term). If you served America during the Vietnam war, you have earned the right to wear your veteran hat at your job.

Veterans should definitely get discounts and free crap on veterans day and in general in my opinion but of course you're going to have piece of shit people that will lie about being veterans in order to get free stuff.

"Free crap?" You mean stuff made in China? A communist country. Communism which we spent billions, trillions, of dollars defending against. But now it's okay to deal with them because of cheap stuff. Whatever.

They have to have a military ID to prove their status though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back