Archived Will I get written up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxTheDudexx

Front of Store Attendant
So I waltzed into work like I do every day, punched in, and hopped on a check lane for my shift like I do every day. I'm always at least 15 minutes early. Never been late except for a time when I accidentally wrote in someone else's shift below me on the schedule sheet in TSC when I was first hired in November. I thought I started at 11:30 today, but I actually was supposed to start at 11:00. I didn't even know I was late until I checked the time sheet for to see when my break was. Nobody said a word to me about it. I talked to my GSTL and said I was very sorry but I had 11:30 as my start time. Anyway, I am just really worried that I could get written up for being 30 minutes late. Will they? If they do I guess I can kiss that GSA promotion goodbye because my understanding is if you get written up you aren't enlargeable for a promotion for 90 days.....

So I waltzed into work like I do every day, punched in, and hopped on a check lane for my shift like I do every day. I'm always at least 15 minutes early. Never been late except for a time when I accidentally wrote in someone else's shift below me on the schedule sheet in TSC when I was first hired in November. I thought I started at 11:30 today, but I actually was supposed to start at 11:00. I didn't even know I was late until I checked the time sheet for to see when my break was. Nobody said a word to me about it. I talked to my GSTL and said I was very sorry but I had 11:30 as my start time. Anyway, I am just really worried that I could get written up for being 30 minutes late. Will they? If they do I guess I can kiss that GSA promotion goodbye because my understanding is if you get written up you aren't enlargeable for a promotion for 90 days.....

eligible^

That is weird the time clock let you clock in.

At our store the time clock would say LATE CALL LOD and you would have to get an ETL to clock you in....

At our store the time clock would say LATE CALL LOD and you would have to get an ETL to clock you in....

It let me clock in with no problem. I was completely oblivious to the fact that I was late until about 2 and a half hours after I started. I offered to stay later than I was scheduled to make up the difference and was allowed to stay for an additional 45 mins when I spoke to my GSTL.

Should be fine and eligible. If its just one time in a blue moon they usually won't bother you with write ups for something like that.

Yeah, you shouldn't get written up. Was scheduled 3-close on carts on night months ago, and came in at 5 as 99% of the time that's when the cart attendant would come in not thinking about it. Apparently I wrote down the right time, but because I used a pencil, the writing got smudged so I probably tried to make it look better as there was a trace of what used to be a three but it was hardly visible.

I doubt you will be. If you don't have a recurring problem with this you shouldn't worry. They probably changed you in the system so it wouldn't show up on the reports.

Now if it becomes a habit.....

I think our execs must have went in to the settings at changed it. At our store anything over 15 mins got you that message.

God I hope thats not true.... (the 15 minutes) The 2 hours seem a little bit long .I think it should be like 45-1hour but just 15? lol

I had that happen a few months back, totally wrote the wrong time down and didn't show up until nearly 2 hours late. I apologized profusely and promised to be more careful. As others have said as long as it isn't a habit don't let it worry you. We have TMs who are perpetually late, it's usually 10 to 15 minutes and they don't seem to get written up for it. I hate the thought of being late and I'm usually there 20 minutes or more early.

I had a funny thing happen a couple weeks ago. It was Saturday and I came in at 3 to work. When I went to punch in it said I was early. Went and checked the schedule and I wasn't suppose to be there until 6PM! I said out loud something about being so stupid and my LOD overheard me. He asked what was wrong and I told him that I'd have to go back home for 3 hours since I misread my schedule. He asked if I was willing to stay (we were shorthanded). I said yeah and he came and punched me in. Whoo 3 extra hours!
:yess::good:

As the others have all reiterated, you caught the mistake & brought it to the GSTL's attention & you were contrite. If it makes you more careful viewing your schedule, it was a worthwhile learning experience & it shouldn't merit anything more than a "Be more careful next time".
If it happened more than once & you shrugged it off with an "Oops, my bad" kinda attitude, it would indicate that you weren't serious about demonstrating responsibility.
And, yeh, you could kiss a possible promo buh-bye.

As the others have all reiterated, you caught the mistake & brought it to the GSTL's attention & you were contrite. If it makes you more careful viewing your schedule, it was a worthwhile learning experience & it shouldn't merit anything more than a "Be more careful next time".
If it happened more than once & you shrugged it off with an "Oops, my bad" kinda attitude, it would indicate that you weren't serious about demonstrating responsibility.
And, yeh, you could kiss a possible promo buh-bye.

Thanks for all the replies. I did not get written up and I wasn't even talked to by anyone about it. It's like it never happened. And luckily our lead GSTL was again talking to be saying she was going to talk to her ETL about starting my GSA training. So what kind of pay raise can I expect? Does anybody know?

Unless your ETLs are very strict, I doubt you will be written up or be given a warning.

I would check the posted schedule in the TMSC. The schedule could have very likely had you down for 1130. But they edited the schedule a bit more, and never posted the changes. That happened to me on a consistent basis.

One bad holiday period after leaving the night before at 2am, I was supposed to go in at 10am for a mid. I called in at 2pm after realizing I read the wrong schedule. And they told me..."I didn't know you were even scheduled today. No problem since you stayed late the night before."

I wouldn't worry about it. Accident or not, it happens to everyone. They'll look at your history and see that you're always on time, except for twice. It's really no big deal at all, as long as it doesn't become a trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back