Archived Will It Fit In My Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, leather chair & ottoman on sale in a rave4, with 2 kids. No problem. The guest disappear When it'd yu are pulling items.

As a cart attendant I have this happen to me every day.
Mostly with TVs. A guest will buy a huge 50 inch tv and pull up in a mini cooper as I look at my fellow cart attendant with that "Does she know she has a small car" look.

I usually try to fit the item if it doesn't fit, I tell them they are now responsible for it and I just leave. I offer them my help if they want to return it and come back with a bigger vehicle but some guests ask me to wait 15 mins while their husband comes with a truck... I'm sorry but I'm not gonna waste my time when I got things I'm responsible for to do still.

The other day a tl bought some furniture and lo and behold it wouldn't fit in his car. So he had to go get a truck. He was allowed to leave the paid for item while getting said truck, something guests are forbidden to do. I just find it amusing that not even a tl can figure out that he should have measured first.
:facepalm:

I just hated how stores had varying policies on holding paid-merchandise on large items for guests so they can come back with a bigger vehicle. I had one store that only did do it for large pieces of furniture (no electronics). Then the Super I worked at would not hold any paid merchandise. And another store would bend over backwards for guests on holding paid-big screen TVs, furniture, stereos....We would copy the receipt and tell them they have 24 hours to come pick it up, or the item would be put back on the floor (paid for or not).

I was helping the CA taking a large drafting desk out for a guest (fully-assembled, clearanced display).
Despite having a large SUV, the edge of the desk was catching the headliner. We told the guest that's as far as we could push it. He snorted at us & shoved it in leaving a ft-long tear.
Later, he called the LOD & tried to blame it on us but the surveillance video showed otherwise.

Last 4th quarter me and the cart attendant spent almost an hour disassembling a patio set and placing pieces in every crack and crevice of a mini cooper. Ever since I get anxiety whenever I do a furniture carryout lol

This elderly couple buys the slingy chairs and try to fit it into their accord, I was able to get 1 in but the other could not simply fit.

Then a lady who is nearby in the parking lot also finished shopping sees us and she offers to drop off the chairs for the couple because she has a bigger suv. shes asks for their phone #, address, and their trust of course, it was one of the nicest things ive seen done in a while.

Though the process of helping guests out, I find their are a lot of tips u can get in order to fit stuff in a persons car. A 40in or less TV can fit in the back seat of a 4 door, I once got a 47in TV to fit as well by pulling the back seats down providing the back has a big enough width to go through.

For things like lawn chairs, or the slingy chairs where the legs stick out, you can try pulling the windows down so that the legs can fit though (the side of a 4-door or the back of a SUV). Other times, taking it out of the box may save room.

I'll say things in boxes you can always try to fit but the chairs are pretty darn slick, most of the time you gotta ask the guests to give up, get a different car, or get some rope to tie it. One rule I found out was we should never let the guests push the items out to the store if they ask for a carry-out because its company policy, which surprised me at first but knowing Target is really the no-frill store, I guest its makes us responsible if anything goes wrong, not the guests.

today i spent 30 minutes trying to cram two bikes in the back of a very small rav4 type. the lady had a bike rack attached to the back. but she didnt know how to use it. i attached one to it, and she said she was afraid it would fall off. finally, after moving things from the rack, to back, to seat, which one wouldnt hold one, much less two, she said i should just go get a man to come do the carry out, since i was unable to do it. i wanted to tell her the problem wasn't my physical ability, it was her depth perception and mental acuity.

I love it when you try to fit the box in once, and you know already from how you failed that there's no way the box is getting into the guest's car. It's just too freaking big, you've done hundreds of guest carry outs before, you know from experience that there is literally no chance if something will not fit in a Prius. However! The guest acts like there's a thousand different ways to get a freaking gazebo into the little clown car, all not hilariously impossible.

"Ma'am, it's just not going to fit."
"Well let's try it this way."
"...yeah...today is kinda slow...sure.."

I had a lady come thru my line last night, spent over $1500, ended up with 5 carts full of stuff. There were 4 of us helping ring her up including our STL. She made the comment that she hoped she could get it all in her car. It took 3 people (herself included) to get the stuff out to her car. And yes, she already had the red card but it was her temporary one (expired) and she hadn't gotten her permanent one yet. So when we got this all done, my supervisor suspended the transaction, left all those carts across the aisle from my lane and took her to guest services. I guess they did get it fixed. I never did hear what happened.

I had a lady come thru my line last night, spent over $1500, ended up with 5 carts full of stuff. There were 4 of us helping ring her up including our STL. She made the comment that she hoped she could get it all in her car. It took 3 people (herself included) to get the stuff out to her car. And yes, she already had the red card but it was her temporary one (expired) and she hadn't gotten her permanent one yet. So when we got this all done, my supervisor suspended the transaction, left all those carts across the aisle from my lane and took her to guest services. I guess they did get it fixed. I never did hear what happened.

Cashier deserves a big reward for doing this transaction :),

but I nvr quite figure out if your going to spend this much $$$ in the first place, whyy go to a Target store in the first place, just do it online and have it delivered w/ free shipping is much better then buying, loading in it, loading it out, etc.

*sigh*. I became this person today. I simultaneously wanted to kill myself and wondered if the TMs were thinking about this thread as well in the back of their minds as well as I was.

On Thursday, I had to do a carry-out because the cart attendant was on break. The item was one of those futons, and the guest had a Buick (not a clown car, but still not all that spacious). After about 10 min of tearing the box open and trying to jam the two parts into the back seat at different angles, it finally occurred to the guest that her trunk might be big enough. She pulled all her **** out and, voila!, they fit. I thought of this thread as I was heading to lunch afterwards.

I always think of this when I try to fit something in someones car that obv will not fit. Go to about 3:55 on the video. Also on another note if you havent watched any of his comedy he is pretty funny

[video=youtube;Dj4s8su7Y1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj4s8su7Y1c&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:
Anytime a big item needs a carry out, me and the person helping with the lift always plays the guessing game wondering if said person will pull up with a big enough car.

my favorite one i ever did was trying to fit some outdoor chairs into a porsche 911, I told the guy it was never gonna happen but he wanted to try and it did not work

On Thursday, I had to do a carry-out because the cart attendant was on break. The item was one of those futons, and the guest had a Buick (not a clown car, but still not all that spacious). After about 10 min of tearing the box open and trying to jam the two parts into the back seat at different angles, it finally occurred to the guest that her trunk might be big enough. She pulled all her **** out and, voila!, they fit. I thought of this thread as I was heading to lunch afterwards.

I fit one of those futons in my Chevy Cobalt coupe a few days ago. The box nor the futon couldn't fit in my trunk so I fit it all in my cab. Took about 15 minutes but I did it. Head was over the steering wheel but I got home safely.

I also fit a dining room table (legs apart) and four chairs (all together) in it one time. Amazing what can fit if you have the patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back