Archived Will It Fit In My Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a guest buy a big 32" tube TV too many years ago to count. I think this item would have fit into their station wagon, but back could be open, they strapped to the top. I think the TV was worth more than the car.

We had one of these at the store this week....someone bought some furniture and the CA had to help load it

Into a Prius!

We had one of these at the store this week....someone bought some furniture and the CA had to help load it

Into a Prius!

You would be amazed at what can fit into a car if you look at it hard enough. There's some days I view carry outs as a game of Tetris. Hell, I've been known to hum the Tetris theme while waiting for them to pull their car around.

You would be amazed at what can fit into a car if you look at it hard enough. There's some days I view carry outs as a game of Tetris. Hell, I've been known to hum the Tetris theme while waiting for them to pull their car around.

When I was still a cashier, people would be amazed how much I could get into a bag, and how tightly I could pack a reusable bag....I'd just tell them "Way too many years of playing Tetris".....most of them would smile, and most would say "Yeah, me too".....

Favorite lines actually spoken to me when I was a GSTL/Cart(no cart hours)
I know its small but it has a huge trunk!(hello it is still a Honda)
It will fit, I have a mini van! (failed to mention the 4 car seats in it)
Just give it a shove it will fit (nope, you can rip your own seats)
Are you going to do this? Don't you have a guy who can help?(sure there is a guy that's available right now. He is 5'1 and weighs maybe 110 pounds and does not work out at all, I can call him if you think he can do a better job than me)

Guy trying to fit a gazebo into a Jeep Cherokee o_O
Hey, I bet I could get it to fit in my Jeep. Just gotta fold the seats down and open the sun roof so I can stick my head out the top!
Or, alternatively, using the such straps I have in my car and strap it to the roof racks.

People who bought a close to 70" TV and actually thought it'd fit in their tiny little Volkswagen lol

Lol AP did a carry out in a similar situation a couple days ago. She told the tps to stay out there and wait for her bf to show up with his truck. He offered to roll it back to the store but she was adamant about him waiting there. TPS lol’d and walked back inside while the lady yelled something about us being responsible if she got mugged for it.

I once rung up a 65in TV at around 10:45p on a sunday for a guest, probably in their early 20s. I asked 3 times if they have a car that will be able to fit this massive thing. They assured me it was all good. I let LOD know I'm carrying out.
We both go outside in a small drizzle of rain and walk up to a motorized scooter in the middle of the parking lot. He says "yeah i can take it from here". I was shocked but had to go back in to close. This kid sat on the ground next to his scooter with this 65in TV texting someone. Inside, everyone heard the roof being rained on as it was harder than before. We all finished up by 11:45p or so. The team walks out of the store looking at the same kid and TV box soaked, on his phone yelling at someone. We all left the area awkwardly. LOD shook his head, then wished everyone goodnight while finishing up whatever procedures.

I once rung up a 65in TV at around 10:45p on a sunday for a guest, probably in their early 20s. I asked 3 times if they have a car that will be able to fit this massive thing. They assured me it was all good. I let LOD know I'm carrying out.
We both go outside in a small drizzle of rain and walk up to a motorized scooter in the middle of the parking lot. He says "yeah i can take it from here". I was shocked but had to go back in to close. This kid sat on the ground next to his scooter with this 65in TV texting someone. Inside, everyone heard the roof being rained on as it was harder than before. We all finished up by 11:45p or so. The team walks out of the store looking at the same kid and TV box soaked, on his phone yelling at someone. We all left the area awkwardly. LOD shook his head, then wished everyone goodnight while finishing up whatever procedures.
Man...I feel sorry for that poor, defenseless 65 in. television...

Exactly. No feels for the idiot on the scooter. All for that TV that doesn't deserve that sort of treatment.

Maybe he had made an arrangement with someone to pick him and the TV up once he completed the purchase and the person ghosted on him. If plans were in place then he wasn't being an idiot, he simply trusted the wrong person.

Recently a woman got three 70 inch tvs for some non-profit benefit/raffle type deal. I typed in the taxID and all, get cart attendant to come scoop the flat up and follow guest to her car. Dayside ETLs are on the walkie going crazy with the sale until cart attendant chimes in with "hey everyone, I don't think this woman's car is big enough!" *Silence*
ETL: "what car is it?"
Cart Attendant: "She got like a 2 door Miata or something!"
ETL: "Electronics go to 2"
Me: "yes?"
ETL: "Help with getting those TVs in the woman's car, I'll cover you"
Me: "oooooooooookay"

I got her to get her husband to come with his truck but I stood outside for 40 minutes. Good thing it was overcast.

Clearance furniture. I got it before another tm. She was disappointed. Got it to my car and it was a couple of inches too big. Just no fixing that. So called her and later we had a glass of wine on her table. People are more important than things.

Last edited:
Maybe he had made an arrangement with someone to pick him and the TV up once he completed the purchase and the person ghosted on him. If plans were in place then he wasn't being an idiot, he simply trusted the wrong person.
But to continue sitting out there in the rain?

Helped with a carry-out for a fully-assembled trestle desk (discontinued floor model) going into the back of a suburban.
Got partway in before it wedged against the headliner.
Guy wants to know why we haven't gone any further so we pointed out the potential for damage.
"Naw, it'll fit.." as he shoves it in the rest of the way, tearing a foot-long rip in the headliner.
The other TM & I just pushed the flatbed back into the store while the guy slammed the hatch shut.
Later, our LOD got a call from a guy complaining that 'we' damaged his liner while loading the desk but we both told him what happened.
AP also pulled up video that showed us stepping away from the car as he pushed it in so we were in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back