Will Target lift the mask requirement?

Will Target lift the mask requirement or keep the mask requirement since a significant percentage of the population is still not vaccinated?

I do not trust the customers or many of the team members.

I am sure the morons who have not been vaccinated will try to remove their mask even though the CDC says they are still required to wear a mask.

Last edited:
My Target wouldn't force customers to wear a mask if they chose not to. My Target wouldn't force customers or team members to keep their mask above their nose.

There is no way my Target would be able to enforce a mask requirement for unvaccinated people.

I have no doubts that there will be millions of unvaccinated moron Trump voters will take off their masks and lie about being vaccinated.

I hope Target keeps the mask requirement for many months to come to keep team members safe from the garbage of society.

It's a little clearer than mud. If you are fully vaccinated, the CDC says it's safe to go mask-free in most situations. The exceptions are pretty much limited to mass transit (buses, trains, airplanes) or if you're immuno-compromised (talk with your doctor).
As for when Target lifts the mask requirement, I'm hoping it'll be soon, but I take @Anelmi's point about a nationwide chain having to make a company-wide decision.
In my state, we probably have more than our fair share of covidiots (we're only recently improved after a huge surge in hospitalizations) and more than just a few guests have been refusing to mask up way before today's announcement. Really wish there was a way to enforce proof of vaccination. Plenty of people in my area shout about health care privacy, but I really don't get why they think showing proof of vaccination is a huge invasion of privacy. It's required for other things (I've had to provide proof of tetanus vaccination and negative Tb test for other work). Big whoop.

I'm vaccinated and I'm going to continue to wear a mask for a few reasons.
One, I work with people who are highly at risk, some of them would definitely die from Covid-19.
Two, you can still get Rona when you are vaccinated.
It will just be a mild case and you might not realize that's what you have.
Which is when you can give it to someone else.
Three, Alaska has a shitload of crazy.
They won't get vaccinated even if everyone is dying around them.
They are the kind of people who wouldn't tell the group they had been bitten during a zombie apocalypse.
Four, there are new varients popping up that the vaccine may have a tough time with.
So until life gets a lot better, I'm still wearing a mask.

I can see Karens now at private businesses that still require masks, “the CDC says vaccinated people don’t have to wear a mask inside, and you can’t prove I’m unvaccinated because that would be a HIPAA violation!” *she says after she exists her car with a #FireFauci bumper sticker*

Easy for target, Tm can show their cards that they have been vaccinated!
I showed mine to get paid 4 hrs!
Most of the guests do not wear mask!
we have Tm while on the clock wearing their mask, after their shifts, they shop without a mask!

My Target wouldn't force customers to wear a mask if they chose not to. My Target wouldn't force customers or team members to keep their mask above their nose.

There is no way my Target would be able to enforce a mask requirement for unvaccinated people.

I have no doubts that there will be millions of unvaccinated moron Trump voters will take off their masks and lie about being vaccinated.

I hope Target keeps the mask requirement for many months to come to keep team members safe from the garbage of society.
Yeah like Biden and the idiots at the CDC are making a whole lot of sense over this exaggerated virus. Keep believing the media hype. 🤦‍♂️

Masks are no longer required in my area (for the public per local and now CDC guidelines) Target will require us to wear these damn things for another year at least...

I can see Karens now at private businesses that still require masks, “the CDC says vaccinated people don’t have to wear a mask inside, and you can’t prove I’m unvaccinated because that would be a HIPAA violation!” *she says after she exists her car with a #FireFauci bumper sticker*
HIPAA privacy rules exclude prevention or control of disease.

Yeah like Biden and the idiots at the CDC are making a whole lot of sense over this exaggerated virus. Keep believing the media hype. 🤦‍♂️

You must be a moron Trump voter. People like you are what is wrong with this country.

Biden, Harris, AOC, Omar, Tlaib are horrible too.

It must be tough knowing that Trump lost the 2020 election because of him. If Trump wasn't stupid, he would have beat Biden.

Then Trump was scared of being labeled a loser, he cost the Republicans both Georgia Senate seats giving Biden full control.

HIPAA privacy rules exclude prevention or control of disease.
But... but... my rights! The constitution! The stolen votes! Lock her up! (Target will never risk offending a guest by Actually requiring masks or even having someone come close to claiming HIPAA violations, excluded or not. It does look good to some of the public on a sign, though, because it appears that "we" care.)

I'm vaccinated and I'm going to continue to wear a mask for a few reasons.
One, I work with people who are highly at risk, some of them would definitely die from Covid-19.
Two, you can still get Rona when you are vaccinated.
It will just be a mild case and you might not realize that's what you have.
Which is when you can give it to someone else.
Three, Alaska has a shitload of crazy.
They won't get vaccinated even if everyone is dying around them.
They are the kind of people who wouldn't tell the group they had been bitten during a zombie apocalypse.
Four, there are new varients popping up that the vaccine may have a tough time with.
So until life gets a lot better, I'm still wearing a mask.
100%. I really think it's too soon for this. Nowhere near enough people vaccinated yet.

Local pizza place, sign on door mask required. ManKaren walks in without mask, owner says no mask no service, got it? Argument ensues.....owner says "get the hell out of here". Case closed I ordered mine, mask on. Counter guy says 20 minutes....I say thanks....I'll be back in 20. Went to the car, listened to the radio maskless....went back in to get Mrs. Captain's pizza, mask on.....total mask time: less than 5 mins. This shit ain't hard. I'm vaccinated and will continue to act responsibly and intelligently when in public because the average American public is an asshole.

Back