Will Target lift the mask requirement?

The vaccine does not prevent you from contracting Covid-19 nor does it prevent you from spreading it while infected.
It reduces the severity, thus, the possibility of being hospitalized &/or of dying so a mask is still recommended in close quarters.

Not according to Dr. Fauci...today. Again, things are changing and shifting from what was told just a week ago so it's really hard to believe anyone at this point.

"What the issue is, is that the level of virus in your nasal pharynx, which is correlated with whether or not you were going to transmit it to someone else, is considerably lower," he said. "So even though there are breakthrough infections with vaccinated people, almost always the people are asymptomatic, and the level of virus is so low, it makes it extremely unlikely, not impossible, but very, very low likelihood that they are going to transmit it."

So you haven't had the smallpox vaccine, the polio vaccine, or MMR?
How about a tetanus shot?
People with super strong immune systems died by the millions from Black Plague, Yellow Fever, and The 1918 Pandemic.
My grandfather talked about the doors to houses of people infected with the Spanish Flu being nailed shut and a black X on the steps.
Food was passed by baskets thru the windows.
In Alaska towns where they hadn't had the flu blocked off the roads and shot at anyone trying to come in.
If you left you couldn't come back.
These weren't weak people, they were just trying to fucking survive.
I'm not sure you have thought this through.

Is that what happened with your family? Mine who were immigrants at the time survived all of it just fine and served in the Air Corps! Yes I have had most of the useless vaccines to attend school. I've been a steel erector most of my life. Only had a tetanus shot as a kid but have had many pieces of metal slice and dice me in-between but have never had an issue or needed another shot since. Only recently started working at a target DC because it's the closest thing that has sort of decent pay without having to move again. Why are you bringing up the old times when they had spittoons' everywhere? You want to compare health hazards of the olden times with today? It's not the same. Oh rats were an issue have you been to NYC? Why aren't they suffering from the black\bubonic plague?

A few hundred people a year in the US die from the Black Plague.

What were their conditions? Did they live relatively normal lives? Where they basically homeless living in a run down house with rats eating their fingertips\other parts? Is it you lack that knowledge and are led to believe these are normal everyday people living normal lives? We now have anti biotics that can kill the bacterium Yersinia pestis which caused the black plague.

Last edited:
What were their conditions? Did they live relatively normal lives? Where they basically homeless living in a run down house with rats eating their fingertips\other parts? Is it you lack that knowledge and are led to believe these are normal everyday people living normal lives? We now have anti biotics that can kill the bacterium Yersinia pestis which caused the black plague.
No, not homeless people. Rural areas. Tends to be cooler summers following wet winters. Things like hunting put people at risk. Surprising to me, cats put people at risk. A large die off of the right creatures will send the fleas scampering towards an alternate blood source, aka people's legs. Right creatures aren't just rats, aren't just rodents, the list is long.

Edit: My apologies, a few hundred cases a year, not near so many deaths.

Last edited:
Is that what happened with your family? Mine who were immigrants at the time survived all of it just fine and served in the Air Corps! Yes I have had most of the useless vaccines to attend school. I've been a steel erector most of my life. Only had a tetanus shot as a kid but have had many pieces of metal slice and dice me in-between but have never had an issue or needed another shot since. Only recently started working at a target DC because it's the closest thing that has sort of decent pay without having to move again. Why are you bringing up the old times when they had spittoons' everywhere? You want to compare health hazards of the olden times with today? It's not the same. Oh rats were an issue have you been to NYC? Why aren't they suffering from the black\bubonic plague?

Useless vaccines?
Like I said in a previous post one of the last areas in the US to get the polio vaccine was the villages in Alaska.
I knew an Inuit boy who was paralyzed from the waist down by polio.
So fuck that very much,
My relatives on one side of the family came over from Ireland during The Great Famine of 1845.
But I was lucky to have a couple of actual scientists in my family.
My grandfather was an Entomologist and my grandmother was a Copepodologist.
The taught me respect for the scientific method and how to read papers.

I bring up the 'old days' because that's how we learn.
History doesn't necessarily repeat itself but it will dance to the same tune.
Many of the health hazards of olden times are returning due to some real bad choices on peoples parts.
We need to get our shit together

No, not homeless people. Rural areas. Tends to be cooler summers following wet winters. Things like hunting put people at risk. Surprising to me, cats put people at risk. A large die off of the right creatures will send the fleas scampering towards an alternate blood source, aka people's legs. Right creatures aren't just rats, aren't just rodents, the list is long.

They're all on the west coast for some reason. Not in the hundreds but 1-17 cases per year from the CDC map which is from 1970-2018. Where did you get hundreds from? Plague surveillance | CDC - https://www.cdc.gov/plague/maps/index.html

Useless vaccines?
Like I said in a previous post one of the last areas in the US to get the polio vaccine was the villages in Alaska.
I knew an Inuit boy who was paralyzed from the waist down by polio.
So fuck that very much,
My relatives on one side of the family came over from Ireland during The Great Famine of 1845.
But I was lucky to have a couple of actual scientists in my family.
My grandfather was an Entomologist and my grandmother was a Copepodologist.
The taught me respect for the scientific method and how to read papers.

I bring up the 'old days' because that's how we learn.
History doesn't necessarily repeat itself but it will dance to the same tune.
Many of the health hazards of olden times are returning due to some real bad choices on peoples parts.
We need to get our shit together

So why don't you provide their research papers for us? If they have a tale to tell lets hear it in their own words. Maybe they were the one of the old timers that though alcohol, cocaine, and heroin was the answer for everything? all that good stuff you could order out of a magazine.

Last edited:
They're all on the west coast for some reason. Not in the hundreds but 1-17 cases per year from the CDC map which is from 1970-2018. Where did you get hundreds from? Plague surveillance | CDC - https://www.cdc.gov/plague/maps/index.html
I was quoting from memory, and I did edit with a correction before your post. And Arizona and Colorado area is hardly West Coast, more appropriate term Southwest US.

Tangent, someday I'd like to ask a scientist how a plague vaccine is possible, seeing how it's a bacteria.

So why don't you provide their research papers for us? If they have a tale to tell lets hear it in their own words. Maybe they were the one of the old timers that though alcohol, cocaine, and heroin was the answer for everything? all that good stuff you could order out of a magazine.

Did you miss the part where I said "My grandfather was an Entomologist and my grandmother was a Copepodologist."
If want papers on copepods (there are actually some named after her) I can get you those for my grandmother.
My grandfather specialized in mosquitos and other blood sucking insects.
You want papers on those or the nozzles he invented for the Feds to spray insecticide from planes, I got you covered.

I was quoting from memory, and I did edit with a correction before your post. And Arizona and Colorado area is hardly West Coast, more appropriate term Southwest US.

Tangent, someday I'd like to ask a scientist how a plague vaccine is possible, seeing how it's a bacteria.

I gather at this point there aren't any approved vaccines for bubonic plague.
The old ones required live versions of the plague be used and that can be tricky as hell.
But they are working on some new ones.

Thank you for the link. When I joined the military when I was young and stupid (and undiagnosed) they gave me all sorts of weird vaccines. One of them was for the bubonic plague, 3 shot series.

Can I ask an honest question here . You say you always get a flu shot and the one year you didn’t you got sick. Me on the other hand I’ve never had a flu shot and never had a common cold or flu. So why would I get the shot right? This is what bothers me a bit is that everyone tells me what I should do while I let them chose what they want to do . When you are born and raise in a 3rd world country your immune system is build differently. The only shot I’ve ever gotten was at birth and 8th grade. And I can honestly tell you I don’t recall a time of me being sick besides having my appendix removed.I’m not anti-vaccine . My child is up to date on all the shots so far the pediatrician hasn’t recommended the COVID-19 vaccine for my child and if he does I won’t be opposed to it if I have the right data and he can answer all my question as to how this will effect my child long term. But other than that I think we can all make the decision of what’s best for ourselves no?
I guess location has something to do with it. I live just outside NYC where people commute everyday, the most dense population in the United States. Flu season hits pretty hard here, and I imagine the flu doesn’t hits some places hard and others not so much. Especially in places where it gets very cold.

I hear antidepressants can really mess with your weight too
Very true . My dad is in several antidepressants and anxiety suppression medicines . He used to be very slim before but in 1-2 years he has gained lot of weight . He developed diabetes too . Now we are struggling to keep it normal range !

Figured this was coming. No guests have been wearing them this week anyway. Also, I wouldn't be shocked if this was the end game to them paying you for getting the vaccine, so they'd know who was vaccinated and who wasn't by who got paid for it.

They can't require proof. Also it says masks are strongly recommended now, not required. This is all based on your local government not requiring masks.

Can I ask an honest question here . You say you always get a flu shot and the one year you didn’t you got sick. Me on the other hand I’ve never had a flu shot and never had a common cold or flu. So why would I get the shot right? This is what bothers me a bit is that everyone tells me what I should do while I let them chose what they want to do . When you are born and raise in a 3rd world country your immune system is build differently. The only shot I’ve ever gotten was at birth and 8th grade. And I can honestly tell you I don’t recall a time of me being sick besides having my appendix removed.I’m not anti-vaccine . My child is up to date on all the shots so far the pediatrician hasn’t recommended the COVID-19 vaccine for my child and if he does I won’t be opposed to it if I have the right data and he can answer all my question as to how this will effect my child long term. But other than that I think we can all make the decision of what’s best for ourselves no?
The vax hasn’t been approved for children under 12 yet, and even over 12 was only recently.

no one is telling you what to do. Should people get vaccinated? Yes. Saying you don’t get sick doesn’t change that. It’s not all about you but about those around you. I get vaxed (covid, flu, whooping cough etc) for those around me. For my grandparents, neighbors, friends, my child.

I expect we'll see fewer young (11 and under) children with their parents shopping until they're eligible for a vaccine. And people like one of my friends who because of health conditions can't be vaccinated yet won't feel safe.
Not working today, but I'll probably still take a mask with me. The variant first found in India has been found in my area, so I'm not feeling all that assured just yet that maskless is the way to go.

Face coverings will continue to be strongly recommended for guests and team members who are not fully vaccinated

As it says "strongly recommended" instead of "required" does this mean non-vaccinated TMs can also not wear masks, or is that going to be ASANTS?

Back