Will Target lift the mask requirement?

Already had a guest waltz in sans mask and when I asked If she needed a mask and she said nope bc the CDC said I don’t have to. Lovely.
It's not like the guest wouldn't have done the same thing yesterday anyway, they would have just given a different reason.

I already saw someone shopping without a mask today. Which look, I can’t blame them, the CDC says it’s safe assuming they’re vaccinated. But Target has some decisions to make with their policy.

I already saw someone shopping without a mask today. Which look, I can’t blame them, the CDC says it’s safe assuming they’re vaccinated. But Target has some decisions to make with their policy.
Is it unusual for you to see people without masks? I'd estimate 5-10% of the guests at my store don't wear them.

It's not like the guest wouldn't have done the same thing yesterday anyway, they would have just given a different reason.

well she whipped one out of her purse so it’s not like she didn’t have one at the ready.

Is it unusual for you to see people without masks? I'd estimate 5-10% of the guests at my store don't wear them.
It’s like 99.99999% compliance here. Keep in mind, where I am was like COVID epicenter hell back last March and April (without being too specific, the lower 1/3rd of New York). People were very affected and scarred from what they went through and we embraced masks very early on, and we had a very positive outcome as a result.

Last edited:
I don't think we have had any maskless people over the age of 4 in the last 5 months. Most parents have their 2-4 year olds wear mask and 90%+ of the toddlers do just fine. We did actually have 1 who had his shirt pulled up over his mouth and was willing to buy a mask to shop but we still have some for guests even though we don't sit them out because everyone has one and wears one. I would say fewer than 3% have their masks pulled down a little below there nose and half of those are target employees.

MN just ended its mask mandate.

I just watched a news report in which they had reached out to Target about whether they would be lifting the mask requirements in stores. Target responded by saying they are not ready to make any changes in procedures with masks. So the masks are staying for now if you are in a Target store.

Depends on location... I’ve rarely seen guests without masks at my store and if anything people give weird looks if they see someone without one, that goes for about the entire county I live in. Meanwhile in my conservative college town, people stopped wearing masks a long time ago and it’s typical to walk into stores and see people out and about without masks..

ill take mine off, im fully vaccinated and my dad recently had covid 19 and i didnt get it cant have anymore direct exposure then that. lol i work outside on carts so i already have my mask around my chin when outside

Last edited:
I dont understand why most commenting on the virus make it about politics. Its science. Maybe youre not smart enough to understand that or why they think this virus is worse than it is. It kills less than 1 percent off ppl of which most are fat or have other medical conditions. Be healthy...move some....take vitamins and stop crying.

I dont understand why most commenting on the virus make it about politics. Its science. Maybe youre not smart enough to understand that or why they think this virus is worse than it is. It kills less than 1 percent off ppl of which most are fat or have other medical conditions. Be healthy...move some....take vitamins and stop crying.
And we all know that fat people and people with pre-existing medical conditions don't deserve respect and it's ok if they die.

Well fatties can stop eating so much..their fault...ppl with pre existing conditions is probably mostly due to unhealthy lifestyle and if not...guess what..the vaccine is here. If youre vaccinated and still worried about the virus then why get vaccinated in the first place?

With the CDC moving the guidelines, it basically tells vaccinated or antimask-vaccine it's OK to not wear mask. I see shit getting real this winter when the covid numbers spike again. Seems like we should be stricter on getting the vaccine imo

Well fatties can stop eating so much..their fault...ppl with pre existing conditions is probably mostly due to unhealthy lifestyle and if not...guess what..the vaccine is here. If youre vaccinated and still worried about the virus then why get vaccinated in the first place?
I was trying really hard of what to say to you , but honestly I can’t find anything nice to say. I have my own opinion about the vaccine and all ( and some people here know about it) but how can you be so insensitive? My kid has a upper respiratory disease was diagnosed at 9 months so is not like he had an unhealthy lifestyle to begin with. I am respectful of people feelings about COVID-19 and I’ll do my part not to instill any fear to the community by not wearing a mask. It’s just a mask I hate it but I wear it to do my part for those around me.

Not every person with a pre-existing condition had an unhealthy lifestyle.

Do you watch TV? How about the kids with cancer from St. Jude's or Shriners Hospital?

Also, the vaccine is not 100%. You can still get COVID if you are vaccinated. The vaccinate helps to lessen the symptoms and lessen the odds of needing hospitalization or dying.

Bill Maher just cancelled this weeks show because he got COVID after being vaccinated.

The New York Yankees have multiple coaches who have COVID after being vaccinated.

With the CDC moving the guidelines, it basically tells vaccinated or antimask-vaccine it's OK to not wear mask. I see shit getting real this winter when the covid numbers spike again. Seems like we should be stricter on getting the vaccine imo
CDC is not even sure how to fight this virus yet . They say even if you are vaccinated you can still transmit it. They say the shot is good for 6 months or so. They know it’s a mutating virus therefore this vaccine might not work for the new strain . So is really not certainty with CDC. But again I’ll do my part to the community and is all I can do.

I explained the reasons I will be wearing a mask in my post further back in the thread.
But if you didn't get a chance to read it let me give some points that apply more to you.
Right now at DVR we are gearing up for a huge increase in cases of people who can't do their previous jobs because of the long term effects of Rona.
They have blood clots in their lungs, brain fog, and problems with standing for long periods.
This disease fucks people up.
Not just fat people but young, healthy people.
For the rest of their fucking life.
The vaccine may not work so well against some of the variants and those are killing kids now unlike the original strain.
You need to be aware that the status on Rona is not static and not finished.
Especially when there are countries with burning piles of bodies to get get rid of them.
Be smart, please.

Back