Will Target lift the mask requirement?

The problem with lifting the mask requirement in Target or other retailers is the dishonest people and stupid people.

There were people who refused to wear a mask during the past year. There were people who were too stupid to wear the mask above their nose during the past year. There were people who purchased a Starbucks drink or food and walked around Target with their mask down so they could continually drink and eat.

My Target did a horrible job enforcing the mask requirement. That is probably why there were numerous COVID infected team members.

Thankfully, I was always smart with my mask and social distancing so I never got COVID.

If I believed that every person would be honest and would wear a mask if they are unvaccinated, I would consider lifting the mask requirement.

But people are not.

All the stupid Trump supporters who said they do not trust the vaccine and have been either not wearing their mask or trying to get mask requirements lifted, are not going to tell the truth.

If you didn't wear a mask during the past year, you are certainly not going to start if you are not vaccinated or anti-vaccine. If you have not been socially distancing during the past year, you are certainly not going to start if you are not vaccinated or anti-vaccine.

The CDC just gave stupid Trump supporters something to point to so they do not have to wear a mask. The funny thing is, those same stupid Trump supporters do not trust the government or the CDC. They only like the CDC now because it is convenient for them now.

Target and other retailers could enforce a mask requirement. Just like no shirt, no shoes, no service. But Target is too chicken to offend any customers so they never enforced the mask requirement during the past year. They just hoped customers would listen to their local government's mandates.

If you didn't wear a mask during the past year, you are certainly not going to start if you are not vaccinated or anti-vaccine. If you have not been socially distancing during the past year, you are certainly not going to start if you are not vaccinated or anti-vaccine.
That's the thing, with the mask requirement there's still the people not wearing masks. If Target changed the rule to "you have to wear a mask if you're not vaccinated", while the number of vaccinated people wearing masks would go down, I don't think it would change the number of non-vaccinated people not wearing masks much at all because if they don't want to wear a mask, they're already not wearing it.

With the CDC moving the guidelines, it basically tells vaccinated or antimask-vaccine it's OK to not wear mask. I see shit getting real this winter when the covid numbers spike again. Seems like we should be stricter on getting the vaccine imo
What do you mean by "stricter on getting the vaccine"?

That's the thing, with the mask requirement there's still the people not wearing masks. If Target changed the rule to "you have to wear a mask if you're not vaccinated", while the number of vaccinated people wearing masks would go down, I don't think it would change the number of non-vaccinated people not wearing masks much at all because if they don't want to wear a mask, they're already not wearing it.

What do you mean by "stricter on getting the vaccine"?
Right now it's not required. You get the option. Not getting it doesn't impact your ability to travel or go into super crowded places. So basically covid is never gonna end even if we pretend it is

So people will lie about getting the vaccine. That's not that big of a problem. You're vaccinated, it doesn't after if they aren't. They aren't, ever hear the expression "lie in the bed you made." Or Darwin award candidates.

so with what's going on and target still requiring masks how are they going to even enforce it? you will get a lot of people ignoring it. at my store all we did was ask them to wear a mask and if they ignored the command or started to get upset we dropped it. i work outside on carts and with my asthma doing physical activities with a mask sucks bad. i usually have my mask around my chin i'm just careful not to get caught lol im fully vaccinated so

Well fatties can stop eating so much..their fault...ppl with pre existing conditions is probably mostly due to unhealthy lifestyle and if not...guess what..the vaccine is here. If youre vaccinated and still worried about the virus then why get vaccinated in the first place?
Yeah if only fat people didn’t want to be fat anymore, it’s that easy! Why didn’t they think of that!

Yeah if only fat people didn’t want to be fat anymore, it’s that easy! Why didn’t they think of that!
A doctor changed my medicine a few years back. Nearly halved one, tripled another. Not changing activity and fighting my brand new craving for sugar and salt to the point of feeling physical pain, i went from zero weight change for over a year to gaining 25 pounds in 6 weeks. When I told my doctor he said "With what you're on, no wonder."

A doctor changed my medicine a few years back. Nearly halved one, tripled another. Not changing activity and fighting my brand new craving for sugar and salt to the point of feeling physical pain, i went from zero weight change for over a year to gaining 25 pounds in 6 weeks. When I told my doctor he said "With what you're on, no wonder."
I hear antidepressants can really mess with your weight too

Does it matter if Target keeps or drops the mask mandate? It's not like they ever enforced it.
The only thing that matters to me is whether or not I’d get dress coded for it. I intend to keep wearing mine even though I’m vaccinated, I’ve no desire to go back to forced smiles and risking infecting my family and friends.

The only thing that matters to me is whether or not I’d get dress coded for it. I intend to keep wearing mine even though I’m vaccinated, I’ve no desire to go back to forced smiles and risking infecting my family and friends.

Target won't ask you if you are vaccinated so never tell them.

The CDC says you should still wear your mask if you are not vaccinated or you are high-risk.

We just get a large plain pizza to go and decorate it at home with MP pepperoni (in the plastic bag) and a can of MP mushrooms. Very nice. Fine dining for the Mrs.

Seriously, and change how you metabolize the food you eat.
Antidepressants are a lifesaver, literally, but they come with some viscous side effects.
Hate me all you want, I'd much rather be on an antidepressant than juggling mood stabilizers (plural) + an antipsychotic. Just lovely how they all feed into each other when it comes to the side effect train. You like your waistline, don't go on lithium. If you are on it, don't triple it.

Hate me all you want, I'd much rather be on an antidepressant than juggling mood stabilizers (plural) + an antipsychotic. Just lovely how they all feed into each other when it comes to the side effect train. You like your waistline, don't go on lithium. If you are on it, don't triple it.

I'm on a cocktail of antidepressants and mood stabilizers.
The combination of adult AD/HD and clinical depression plus having to balance the antiseizure medicine is a challenge all way round.

I've pretty much given up trying to treat my ADHD. It does affect my life a lot, but oh well, life sucks.

Eep, I forgot about you needing anti-seizure drugs.

Being healthy sometimes means being fat. Doing the stuff to be skinny would be ultimately unhealthy.

I don't see any reason they would ever say you're not allowed to wear a mask. When they will say you're allowed to not wear a mask is the real question.

Will Target lift the mask requirement or keep the mask requirement since a significant percentage of the population is still not vaccinated?

I do not trust the customers or many of the team members.

I am sure the morons who have not been vaccinated will try to remove their mask even though the CDC says they are still required to wear a mask.
You're a sheep! How dare you call those team members "morons" for not being vaccinated. How about the "morons" who have been vaccinated already and spreading the virus themselves (the shot gives you COVID-19, duh?). How could you trust a vaccine that has been so rush-produced and shoved down your throats by the USA government? How could you trust a vaccine where the long-term side effects are unknown?

You must be a moron Trump voter. People like you are what is wrong with this country.

Biden, Harris, AOC, Omar, Tlaib are horrible too.

It must be tough knowing that Trump lost the 2020 election because of him. If Trump wasn't stupid, he would have beat Biden.

Then Trump was scared of being labeled a loser, he cost the Republicans both Georgia Senate seats giving Biden full control.
You're a SHEEP! Biden is going to run this country into the ground, just you wait. Don't believe what the media tells you, they spin everything in his favor and he's going to start World War III with North Korea and other countries probably.

You're a sheep! How dare you call those team members "morons" for not being vaccinated. How about the "morons" who have been vaccinated already and spreading the virus themselves (the shot gives you COVID-19, duh?). How could you trust a vaccine that has been so rush-produced and shoved down your throats by the USA government? How could you trust a vaccine where the long-term side effects are unknown?
pssst bestie. the shot doesn't actually contain covid if you did more research than Facebook you'd learn that the vaccine is actually mRNA which doesn't actually contain the virus :D
You're a SHEEP! Biden is going to run this country into the ground, just you wait. Don't believe what the media tells you, they spin everything in his favor and he's going to start World War III with North Korea and other countries probably.
totally agree with @dannyy315 here. Keep politics out of this forum or get out

Can't wait for all the Code Greens at my DC when the masks cause heat stroke. Happened last year. Getting my second shot today. Crossing my fingers that the mask mandate will be lifted for those who are vaxxed before it gets too hot. The stores are temp controlled and you're in contact with thousands of people per day. Mask mandates make a lot more sense in that setting. The DC's, however, will be suffering.

Last edited:
One more time for the people that are new or haven't been paying attention,

We are grownups here, or at the very least the moderators expect you to act like fucking grownups.
This means not insulting fellow members of the board.

Does that mean you can be snarky and a bit of an asshole?
Yes, as long as you don't do it at anyone here.
Don't make it personal and I won't have to stop the car.

If you want to get political, there is a fucking thread for that in the Off The Clock Forum.
Please go there but remember the rules are the same.

Play nice or...

425.gif

Back