Will Target Mandate COVID-19 Vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart is doing so. I hope.

Edit: That’s just for corporate employees, nevermind

I will never get a vaccine mandated by Target or any employer. What's next? You weigh too much we need you to lose weight? or, You aren't allowed to go on maternity leave when you are due so you have to get an abortion? I will make them fire me if it ever gets to that point, but my state is a philosophical exemption state so I have an excuse no to get it. But how they handle me after that is probably going to be termination. Then at that point I look into lawsuit and unemployment just like everyone else who hasn't worked for the past year plus. I hope it never gets to that point as I'm happy at target and I get paid really well.

I will never get a vaccine mandated by Target or any employer. What's next? You weigh too much we need you to lose weight? or, You aren't allowed to go on maternity leave when you are due so you have to get an abortion? I will make them fire me if it ever gets to that point, but my state is a philosophical exemption state so I have an excuse no to get it. But how they handle me after that is probably going to be termination. Then at that point I look into lawsuit and unemployment just like everyone else who hasn't worked for the past year plus. I hope it never gets to that point as I'm happy at target and I get paid really well.

your weight won't get me sick with a respiratory disease

your weight won't get me sick with a respiratory disease
Why would you or anyone else telling you what to do with your body? Why do you think companies want to mandate a vaccine? It's not because they care about your health it's because it will cost them money to pay you while you are out or have to close the store because of an outbreak.

If you are overweight you will probably be more productive if you lost weight and more healthy and be less likely to use insurance etc. Same with pregnancy they have to pay you while you are out etc...

Why would you or anyone else telling you what to do with your body? Why do you think companies want to mandate a vaccine? It's not because they care about your health it's because it will cost them money to pay you while you are out or have to close the store because of an outbreak.

If you are overweight you will probably be more productive if you lost weight and more healthy and be less likely to use insurance etc. Same with pregnancy they have to pay you while you are out etc...

you aren't addressing the comment that i actually made. try again.

So you want to stick it to the company by getting put on a ventilator and spreading the disease to other people so they could get sick and die.
FREEDOM!!!!!
I'm sure you will destroy the system anytime now with that logic.

Last edited:
you aren't addressing the comment that i actually made. try again.
My point isn't about getting anyone sick, my point is I don't want my employer or anyone else forcing me to do something I'm uncomfortable with. My point was if this is allowed, what's next? I support and respect people getting the vaccine, I am just not in favor of it at this time. If you are worried about getting sick then mask up or stay at home or do whatever you feel comfortable with. I have complied with everything Target has asked of me and I will continue to do so unless it's to inject something into my body that I am not comfortable with and that's OK! People are entitled to opinions and freedoms, that's what makes this country great.
So you want to stick it to the company by getting put on a ventilator and spreading the disease to other people so they could get sick and die.
FREEDOM!!!!!
I'm sure you will destroy the system anytime now with that logic.
I'm not trying to stick it to anyone, I do want my employer or anyone else dictating what I do with my body. Also I don't want to get anyone sick, but why should I inject something into my body that, even though it is very unlikely, get me sick? What would happen then? If target mandates the vaccine and someone dies from complications?

The purpose of my post was to ask the question if they mandate a vaccine, then what next? It is scary.

And yes freedom, dont forget it, look at how other countries treat people who think or act differently than their leaders etc.

My point isn't about getting anyone sick, my point is I don't want my employer or anyone else forcing me to do something I'm uncomfortable with. My point was if this is allowed, what's next? I support and respect people getting the vaccine, I am just not in favor of it at this time. If you are worried about getting sick then mask up or stay at home or do whatever you feel comfortable with. I have complied with everything Target has asked of me and I will continue to do so unless it's to inject something into my body that I am not comfortable with and that's OK! People are entitled to opinions and freedoms, that's what makes this country great.

I'm not trying to stick it to anyone, I do want my employer or anyone else dictating what I do with my body. Also I don't want to get anyone sick, but why should I inject something into my body that, even though it is very unlikely, get me sick? What would happen then? If target mandates the vaccine and someone dies from complications?

The purpose of my post was to ask the question if they mandate a vaccine, then what next? It is scary.

And yes freedom, dont forget it, look at how other countries treat people who think or act differently than their leaders etc.

Your employer can make it part of your job requirements that you be vaccinated.
That is not against the law, any more than making you piss in a bottle for a drug test.
You or your parents had to provide vaccination cards at school every year for you even to be able to go.
When I worked as a chef there was a time we had to be tested for a number of diseases in order to work.
Your discomfort about the vaccine doesn't override your social responsibility.
Being a grown up is hard and often we have to do things that make us feel uncomfortable.
Get over it.

1)
1628029190356.png
2) if you're uncomfortable getting vaccinated to keep other people safe from you, why don't YOU stay home? why should i have to lock myself up because you're choosing to be irresponsible? it's like saying "if you don't want to get hit by a drunk driver, stay home."
3) your freedom ends when it infringes on mine and everyone else's. that's literally the whole point of america

the freedom to be a plague rat? you don’t have the right to kill other people.
Answer me this then I am done.

If I get the vaccine and can still get covid and still transmit covid the same as if I didn't have the vaccine then what's the point? It's said the vaccine prevents hospitalization and keeps the symptoms less severe, what do you care if I contract it or not? I am technically the only one at risk, high risk and immune compromised are at the same risk if I'm vaccinated or not.

If I get the vaccine and can still get covid and still transmit covid the same as if I didn't have the vaccine then what's the point? It's said the vaccine prevents hospitalization and keeps the symptoms less severe, what do you care if I contract it or not? I am technically the only one at risk, high risk and immune compromised are at the same risk if I'm vaccinated or not.

If everyone has the vaccine then there is less likelihood that the damn thing will mutate.
If everyone who can gets the vaccine it protects the people who can't get the vaccine.
If everyone gets the vaccine the few people who do get it won't clog up the hospitals emergency care
If everyone gets the vaccine then if you get sick you won't pass it to as many people and they won't fucking die.

If everyone has the vaccine then there is less likelihood that the damn thing will mutate.
If everyone who can gets the vaccine it protects the people who can't get the vaccine.
If everyone gets the vaccine the few people who do get it won't clog up the hospitals emergency care
If everyone gets the vaccine then if you get sick you won't pass it to as many people and they won't fucking die.
Thanks for all of the information. I wish the government and CDC were as sure and exact with their explanations as you.

Go to a hospital & visit your friend on a ventilator who didn't get the shot. Hear them beg for the shot. Too late.

Then, stuck with the hospital bills if they get better.

Something some people don't realize that as new info comes out, what is recommended will also change.

That is the frustrating part about science in real time.
You don't get any absolutes.
Not that absolutes are a thing in science anyway but some things are close enough.
Damn I'm so tired of having to explain the difference between what a theory means in normal language and what it means in scientific language.
They are not the same thing dammit.

232902172_10161295759189746_7915570190105054107_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back