Archived Will the pain ever go away lol!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished up my 2 weeks of training today (Thank God) but I've been sore as hell ever since my first day!! Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining..I love the fast paced work.. unloading the trucks along with pushing and backstocking items but I've never in my life been this sore for this long. I haven't had a physical demanding job like this since the military but even then I never felt like this...I'm in my early 30's so it's not old age..I'm in pretty fare shape..6'1 170lbs...I just want to know is this how I'm going to feel every single day at this job? I work as hard and move as fast as I possibly can but when my legs feet and back are all on fire it makes it a bit difficult to keep up the pace...I always get a compliments on my work as a new tm but I feel that I can do a whole lot better if I wasn't in so much pain....they sure as hell wasn't lying when they said this job will kick u str8 in the nuts 😂

You should get used to it. I didn't get sore when I started originally back in 2015, but this time (June 2018) I had about a week where my legs were killing me, and I'm 21 and in fair shape.

It took me around four months to adjust, and even after a year I still get sore some days. Stretching helps a little. But you should eventually get to a point where you don't feel like your whole body is falling apart after a shift.

Finished up my 2 weeks of training today (Thank God) but I've been sore as hell ever since my first day!! Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining..I love the fast paced work.. unloading the trucks along with pushing and backstocking items but I've never in my life been this sore for this long. I haven't had a physical demanding job like this since the military but even then I never felt like this...I'm in my early 30's so it's not old age..I'm in pretty fare shape..6'1 170lbs...I just want to know is this how I'm going to feel every single day at this job? I work as hard and move as fast as I possibly can but when my legs feet and back are all on fire it makes it a bit difficult to keep up the pace...I always get a compliments on my work as a new tm but I feel that I can do a whole lot better if I wasn't in so much pain....they sure as hell wasn't lying when they said this job will kick u str8 in the nuts 😂
If you're not used to doing all of that stuff already, it'll take a few days to a week to get used to it. I remember when I first started, I didn't walk around much beforehand, so my feet, legs and back were killing me for the first week. Invest in a good pair of shoes.

It well go away after like a month.
When i 1st started i could not even move after my first truck. Now i can throw 2 trucks with new process with even feeling any pain
Its all about building the right muscles

I’d suggest (in addition to good shoes like mandie89 suggested) getting some insoles as well, especially if you’re going to be in backroom or other areas in the store where there’s little to nothing between you and those concrete floors. Any existing foot issues will be exacerbated by retail work. Go to a running shoe specialty store if you can, they’ll often analyze your stride and feet to help you figure out which types of shoes and/or insoles will give you support where you need it most.

Hydrate. Spot on with shoes. Don’t skimp there. You’ll wake up one day and not remember anything hurts. And hey, paid workout.

It does go away. For me, it took about 2 months for me to go home after a full shift feeling fine. Since then, I’ve only felt that same pain after a handful of long shifts. Just a couple weeks ago, I had to work 15 hrs straight and was only in pain for the last 3.

Seconding or thirding good insoles. Cheap shoes will wreck your back and knees more than you might think. Replace your shoes often as they wear out. I remember the days when I could get 2+ years out of a good pair but now in retail they're shredded to ribbons after about 6-8 months. Also make sure to stay well rested. 8 hour days of physical work with 4 hours of sleep = RIP.

You’re just working out muscles you haven’t used in a while. You’ll get through it in time. Take everyones advice on footwear and hydration.

Agree with what others are saying about good shoes, rest, hydration. I'd add making judicious use of OTC anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen. If you take one before going to bed, your muscles will recover faster.

I usually walk roughly 20k steps per day in SFS/OPU. Alot of what everyone already said helps.

At the end of the day, I used to feel like crap.

Drink a cup of Whey/protein shake @home. The daily nutrients can help ease the body. Daily stretches as well, you'll need to prepare the muscles.

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. I can't stress this enough. The lack of water will get to you, but don't overindulge either. Moderation is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back