Archived Will this be awkward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitterBerries

Can you go to 4?
So I've been looking for other jobs as well and if I get one of the ones I've applied to it will be my main job. I work at target full time.. Well ya know how that is.. At the moment but would have to cut my hours drastically if I get another job since let's face it, target doesnt pay very well.. My question is how awkward will it be to put in an availability change of a lot less hours in order to still work a day or 2 for a few hours to keep the discount if I decide to do that? Will they kind of turn on me and be jerks about it or not really care since alot of other people do have day jobs and only work a few days here and there?

Thanks!

A lot depends on your store and how much they like you , to your advantage is the fact that they will soon be cutting hours anyway and whoever is making your schedule may be happy that you are making their task easier.I would let your tl/etl know that you are making the change,how much you hate doing it but can't pass up this wonderful opportunity etc.If they decide to be jerks you may be able to wait them out,because they do get tired and move on or you can leave,the discount is great but it shouldn't be your deciding factor,you do what is best for you,good luck with your new job but make sure you actually have it before you say anything,happy new year.

We have a TM who was full-time, then gradually cut his weekly hours down to five, which he works on Sunday nights in Electronics. He has been with Target for over ten years and is dependable.

My store has stuck to their word when it comes to flexible scheduling. I don't think asking for less hours will be a problem. Especially since January to whenever back to school season starts will be the worst days hours wise. I have a coworker who is only working a day next week. It's freaking scary. I'm pretty much onthe same boat you're on. I'm looking for a new job and when I get it, Target will no longer be my first priority. I am going to ask for 20 hour weeks or less.2

Be very open with your ETL and ETL-HR. Before submitting it, talk with them and see if you can hash out an idea of what your schedule is going to be. They'll appreciate it, rather than seeing this random available change pop up in the system.

I've been at Target for 7 years. For the first four, it was my main job (ermmm, as main as can be...) then three years ago I got a 9-5 M-F main job. They had no problem cutting me down to just one weekend day a week.

I think it helps that I'm super dependable, am trained in a crapload of areas and, even though I'm only there one day a week, I still train people

Yeah I got hired on from Seasonal and it probably wouldn't be right now maybe a month or so before I got a new job but target can't be a priority when I can get better pay somewhere else. I wouldn't want to screw them over either though since I like my coworkers for the most part. If I do end up getting another job I'll make sure they know I gotta give target some notice and will talk to my etl. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back