Will this get me fired?

Forum etiquette - merged posts
Alright, so apparently in the chem backstock there was a shelf that had everything not located. my TL told me it came from my pull i did on sunday. She asked if I remember pulling it and I told her I really can’t jog my memory because it was a small task from a few days ago. I’m stressed out cause the HBA DBO has found unlocated stuff too and I pull HBA sometimes but I can’t remember not locating stuff. I’m worried they’re blaming it on me or accusing me of something. what could I be doing wrong? I might have forgotten to back stock stuff in the past

BRLA (Backroom Location Accuracy) is a pretty big deal. BRLA is a metric TLs have to maintain and anything less than 95% is not considered good. More than likely your hitting all items scanned and it unlocates everything. This can create a ghost (item that is located but isnt there)and A baffle (item that is there that was never located). This can mess up your on hands and cause INF for ship from store. Hopefully your lead explained everything to you if not ask questions. This isn't a fireable offense yet.... however if you keep doing it and keep getting coached then you might.

BRLA (Backroom Location Accuracy) is a pretty big deal. BRLA is a metric TLs have to maintain and anything less than 95% is not considered good. More than likely your hitting all items scanned and it unlocates everything. This can create a ghost (item that is located but isnt there)and A baffle (item that is there that was never located). This can mess up your on hands and cause INF for ship from store. Hopefully your lead explained everything to you if not ask questions. This isn't a fireable offense yet.... however if you keep doing it and keep getting coached then you might.

Unless you are at my store, where instead of teaching those making the mistakes how to avoid them in the first place, you take reliable trustworthy TMs and have them correct the mistakes and completely ignore how the mistakes are happening. No coachings needed that way. 🤦🏻‍♀️

you will not get fired for that unless you are on a final for performance. If this is your first time gwtting talked to about this that most likely was a performance conversation and they will right it up on workday that you recieved it. Thats not really a problem as long as you are working to fix the problem. It wont be taken any further unless it continues to happen.

Imo it seems likely you are not pulling properly. Say if you scan a location and the item you are looking for is not there and you hit item not there and you dont scan every item in that location it will become unlocated. Proper procedure would be to back out of the batch and audit that location and not using the all items scanned button at all as it will show up in a report that the leadership will definitely look at. Im not sure how you can forget to backstock an item that really shouldnt happen. If you are really worried about this talk to your tl and make sure you are doimg everything properly, and not worry this shouldnt escalate to anything unless you are already in trouble for other problems

Unless you are at my store, where instead of teaching those making the mistakes how to avoid them in the first place, you take reliable trustworthy TMs and have them correct the mistakes and completely ignore how the mistakes are happening. No coachings needed that way. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Your store obviously isn't doing it right. You need to also yell at fulfillment for INFing the unlocated item that was tossed into a waco with 7 other similar looking items (looking at you, Beauty and Tech). Make sure you tell them to not only find it but then to spend their time locating everything else in that waco. If you happen to be the beauty/tech TL make sure you document this and do not talk to your team about it. (Shout out to my ETL, however, and one of her favorite lines: locate that stuff in their reshop bin.)

Alright, so apparently in the chem backstock there was a shelf that had everything not located. my TL told me it came from my pull i did on sunday. She asked if I remember pulling it and I told her I really can’t jog my memory because it was a small task from a few days ago. I’m stressed out cause the HBA DBO has found unlocated stuff too and I pull HBA sometimes but I can’t remember not locating stuff. I’m worried they’re blaming it on me or accusing me of something. what could I be doing wrong? I might have forgotten to back stock stuff in the past
The question is as fallow is your name on the brla report as making the errors or someone else? If it’s you here is how to fix it when you go pull don’t just randomly scan everything that’s in the Waco ( you avoid the baffle that way) if the item it show to pull is not there don’t hit all item scan instead exit the batch completely go to audit app , scan location then backstock everything in my work . Then you go back into your batch and it will send you to the next location if the item is located somewhere else if not it will move on to the next item. This way you avoid a all item scan error and you fix a ghost .
If your name is not on the brla report with errors in a respectful manner I would tell the Tl to fallow up with the ones that are on it

This has happened at our store too. Almost entire rows unlocated. We've all found them, especially these last 2 weeks. Usually, we're able to push it all onto the floor, and the little bit that is left we backstock properly. I'm not sure what is going on but it is driving us nuts. Primarily it seems to be in the HBA/HBO2 area (I haven't heard anyone else complain lately and I've been scheduled in a few departments as of late).

Alright, so apparently in the chem backstock there was a shelf that had everything not located. my TL told me it came from my pull i did on sunday. She asked if I remember pulling it and I told her I really can’t jog my memory because it was a small task from a few days ago. I’m stressed out cause the HBA DBO has found unlocated stuff too and I pull HBA sometimes but I can’t remember not locating stuff. I’m worried they’re blaming it on me or accusing me of something. what could I be doing wrong? will I be fired?

I had a starbucks tm that was used as a fulfillment tm while our starbucks was closed. I caught them not backstocking the product when taking one out of the case pack and just putting it back where it came from because she thought the remainder was still located there. She had been doing this for weeks working full time. Target is always so goal heavy that training often is overlooked. She was understanding when i brought it up to her and im sure many people didnt want to hurt her feelings or confront her about it. Point is if you feel like you are doing somethimg wrong ask someone what you are doing wrong, and if you see someone doing something that might not be correct, tell them or a leader, politely ofcourse.

Back