Archived Wish I Could Post Screenshots...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaylyn

"THIS SUM BULLS-...eye."
...without giving myself away. I woke up at 11am yesterday to a text from a co-worker asking if I was going to come in. I told her I was indeed, at 5pm, my scheduled time. She then informed that according to the grid, I was supposed to be there at 10:30am. I sent her a screenshot of my schedule on Kronos, clearly showing I was scheduled at 5pm. I called in to the LOD to make sure I wasn't written down as a no-call, no-show. Since I was under the impression I would have the morning off, I agreed to care after my grandfather until my cousin got home. That meant, the earliest I could go in was around 2pm. I tried my best to hurry in, when I got there I discovered I had INDEED been written down as a no-call, no-show. (I thought I had two hours after my shift starts to call?)

I've been previously told that Kronos has the updated schedules and to just follow that. Now I'm being told to go by what's on the wall. However, what's on the wall can change midweek, while I'm not working. Short of calling in every morning at 5:30am and asking whether I'm scheduled and what time the grid says I'm supposed to be there, I'm not sure how to prevent this from happening again. It's not the first time my schedule has been goofed up. Two weeks ago, my availability was completely wiped. I've been scheduled during unavailable (because I'm at school) times... that I VERY CLEARLY put in for and it was approved. I've been scheduled for a different store without being asked, when I clocked in, my entire schedule, even for days I had already worked, disappeared as though I was never scheduled. Last week, one of my co-workers was scheduled for 5 days, but found that the schedule on the wall showed he only worked 3. When he brought it up, he was told to just go by what's on the wall - however, on one of the days that disappeared from this schedule, he was called and asked to work the shift he was originally supposed to work. My TL's only response to my concerns that it keeps happening was, and I quote: "It be like dat sometimes." How do I keep this from happening to me? Should I actually just call in every morning to see if I'm scheduled and what time I work? I feel like that's the only way to be diligent but I would annoy the heck out of some TLs.

Definitely resubmit your availability and make sure it gets approved as soon as you possibly can.

😭 I did. Twice. Last week my TL came at me with, "Fix your availability!" I, in detail (as in I verbally walked him through the steps), explained how I resubmitted availability twice. I said, other than that, can you please explain to me how I can help you guys fix it? He just rolled his eyes and said "I dunno." The availability issue was only one of many. Now I'm trying to prevent being a no-call, no-show ever again.

Your TL sounds like a piece of work. I really feel bad for a lot of people on this board, as it sounds like leadership in some stores is absolutely awful. Makes me appreciate my own leaders, as while they have their faults, they at least have two brain cells to rub together.

IMO, unless you are constantly changing your availability or they are just dicking you around because they want to get rid of you for other reasons, there really is no excuse for that nonsense. Try talking to your HRTL or SD.

Make sure that you put the start date on the week for the schedule they’re writing or the week after, that way it doesn’t auto-deny. If it’s straight up denied the person denying it has to put a reason down, you cannot just click deny - it forces a comment to be entered.

Make sure that you put the start date on the week for the schedule they’re writing or the week after, that way it doesn’t auto-deny. If it’s straight up denied the person denying it has to put a reason down, you cannot just click deny - it forces a comment to be entered.

So the very first time I changed availability was in July and I asked HRTL for help. He went into the computer with me and walked me through the steps. When I reached the point where the six weeks showed up (temporary availability change) he clicked "Available All Day" on the first week. I asked, "Do I have to do that for all 6 weeks?" He said, "No, once you do the top one it works for all of them. Now you submit (he clicked submit for me) and I'll approve it now."

And there... there is where the availability mess started. I only discovered later that if I didn't click the rest, it would put me down as unavailable for those weeks. My TMs have been champs, though, giving me any shifts they can. I like my HRTL, he's a super fun guy, but he's mainly the one that gets me into all these holes. I can admit fault. I shouldn't have asked him for help because I know he's not careful and he likes to zoom through everything. There were other people I could have asked.

So the very first time I changed availability was in July and I asked HRTL for help. He went into the computer with me and walked me through the steps. When I reached the point where the six weeks showed up (temporary availability change) he clicked "Available All Day" on the first week. I asked, "Do I have to do that for all 6 weeks?" He said, "No, once you do the top one it works for all of them. Now you submit (he clicked submit for me) and I'll approve it now."

And there... there is where the availability mess started. I only discovered later that if I didn't click the rest, it would put me down as unavailable for those weeks. My TMs have been champs, though, giving me any shifts they can. I like my HRTL, he's a super fun guy, but he's mainly the one that gets me into all these holes. I can admit fault. I shouldn't have asked him for help because I know he's not careful and he likes to zoom through everything. There were other people I could have asked.
Did you make sure you had it set to every (1) week? There is a drop down menu where you can select the frequency of your schedule (I have an A & B week so I have to make sure my availability is set up for two weeks.), which should default to every 1 week. Your HRTL did have that much correct.

If you submit it a third time just ask HR to over ride your availability and key it in. After partnering with the appropriate Leaders I literally did this for a TM this summer. (They put in a wonky availability instead of a time off request and a new Leader approved 🤦‍♀️ Knowing they were a closer with open weekends I “fixed” it for them.)

You gotta understand: I did 0 of the clicking. HRTL did it all because he didn't have the time to actually walk me through it. That's also how I got tricked into signing for a review I never got. Idk what info was in that review but if I get termed for something that should have been brought up during that review, I'm SOL.

To view your review:
Log onto Workday
Go to your profile
Click on Performance
Click on Performance Reviews
Click on the review you’d like to view

As far as your availability I’m going to say this one more time and I’m going to say it very slowly. Your HR can set your availability for you. As in you do not submit one to be approved, HR can literally pull up anyone’s availability and change it. You have tried to submit it several times with the help of your store and people online all trying to make helpful suggestions, and it just isn’t working for you. Ask your HRE to change it for you, it sounds like your HRTL is a little overwhelmed right now and isn’t handling the stress well.

Availability was not main issue, just one of them. I asked for what do in order to avoid having my schedule changed without my knowledge midweek, other than walking into the store to take pic every day or calling in every morning to see if I work. But ok. thnx

Availability was not main issue, just one of them. I asked for what do in order to avoid having my schedule changed without my knowledge midweek, other than walking into the store to take pic every day or calling in every morning to see if I work. But ok. thnx

I would think that when they say "go by the wall schedule", they mean as it was posted originally. I'd take a picture of that and just hang on to it.

If I remember right, it has a "printed on:" time stamped on every page. So you'd be able to easily tell if they printed a new one sometime midweek and show that it didn't match what they originally posted.

I suppose if they were gunning for you, that wouldn't really protect you. But if they're gunning for you, nothing would really help. At least if you have a photo of the original schedule with the original timestamp and a new photo of the changed schedule, you'd have a leg to stand on if they tried to contest unemployment or something.

Your TL sounds like a piece of work. I really feel bad for a lot of people on this board, as it sounds like leadership in some stores is absolutely awful. Makes me appreciate my own leaders, as while they have their faults, they at least have two brain cells to rub together.

IMO, unless you are constantly changing your availability or they are just dicking you around because they want to get rid of you for other reasons, there really is no excuse for that nonsense. Try talking to your HRTL or SD.
My TL honestly doesn't like his position, especially now that they're supposed to be managing us since they "got rid of" the GSAs (shame, we had some good ones). He absolutely HATES being called for help. Hates being asked what to do. His favorite lines are "You. Are. Empowered." and "I'm sure you guys can figure it out." I call most of the shots at my own register now, unless I need change or supervisor numbers. Can't even call him up if a guest gets upset when they try to buy alcohol without ID because he'll just stare at me go, "Just type in his birthday!" like I'm an idiot. (I've been told this is a fire-able offense. I'm secretly scared it'll happen again.) He's a cool guy, total frat bro, gets along with everyone, kinda fun to hang with. It's difficult to go up to him with concerns for this reason, though. I preferred the one we had before, she was nice but serious. I'm not sure what all the recent changes are about, but it hasn't been a good thing for my store.

I would think that when they say "go by the wall schedule", they mean as it was posted originally. I'd take a picture of that and just hang on to it.

If I remember right, it has a "printed on:" time stamped on every page. So you'd be able to easily tell if they printed a new one sometime midweek and show that it didn't match what they originally posted.

I suppose if they were gunning for you, that wouldn't really protect you. But if they're gunning for you, nothing would really help. At least if you have a photo of the original schedule with the original timestamp and a new photo of the changed schedule, you'd have a leg to stand on if they tried to contest unemployment or something.

Yes! You are right! The one that got me in trouble was posted first on the 21st (when the wall matched Kronos) and then revised on the 25th, I didn't work between those days! You think I could be held accountable for that, still?

Yes! You are right! The one that got me in trouble was posted first on the 21st (when the wall matched Kronos) and then revised on the 25th, I didn't work between those days! You think I could be held accountable for that, still?
You shouldn’t be held accountable if they changed your schedule and didn’t tell you, but keep copies of everything for documentation. Spot has changed so much it’s hard to tell what they might try at this point. Good luck!

I mean, I think it's ridiculous to hold someone accountable for that even if you did work during that time if they didn't mention the change. But the problem is that they almost certainly can hold you accountable if they wanted to get paper on you to support a term. So all you can really do is document it all (take pictures of originals and changes) and hope for the best.

What I find most weird, though, is that when they change a shift at my store, Kronos updates pretty much immediately. To the point where I've known about changes before they ask me about them because I check Kronos pretty often to make sure I don't go over 40. So for your store to be working the opposite just seems weird, like they aren't updating MyTime but somehow just the grid.

I mean, I think it's ridiculous to hold someone accountable for that even if you did work during that time if they didn't mention the change. But the problem is that they almost certainly can hold you accountable if they wanted to get paper on you to support a term. So all you can really do is document it all (take pictures of originals and changes) and hope for the best.

What I find most weird, though, is that when they change a shift at my store, Kronos updates pretty much immediately. To the point where I've known about changes before they ask me about them because I check Kronos pretty often to make sure I don't go over 40. So for your store to be working the opposite just seems weird, like they aren't updating MyTime but somehow just the grid.

A text message from another cashier at my store:
"okay but ALSO sometimes Kronos has the last minute update and not the wall. in that even, are we not supposed to go by Kronos."

This was in response to me bringing up these concerns to HR. I was pretty much told sometimes Kronos will be wrong. She brought up the times they didn't reprint and put it on the wall, but it's up on Kronos. We've been told sometimes the wall is wrong, too.

I'm gonna do what you suggest. I will take pics and document everything because those are my hours they're playing with. My money. I save as much as I can for every semester and it's hella hard with short hours to budget as it is, losing hours I was already to supposed to work hurts my wallet.

My suggestion is to take a picture of the posted schedule when it goes up, to protect yourself, but also to check it for updates as often as you can and take pictures of that, AND check Kronos and take screenshots, and I tell people if any of them show a shift and you’re wanting hours, come on in, but also that I won’t hold them accountable for HR’s fuckups if they can’t come in for a shift that was changed without telling the TM

In my state the employer can change the schedule 24 hrs ahead of time (they don't even have to tell the employee) It is the employees responsibility to check the schedule daily. Even if a screenshot is taken of the original schedule to prove when one was scheduled to work the employer can still change it any time as long as they do it 24 hrs in advance. Yes, this can be a bother for the employee but that's what the law here is.

In my state the employer can change the schedule 24 hrs ahead of time (they don't even have to tell the employee) It is the employees responsibility to check the schedule daily. Even if a screenshot is taken of the original schedule to prove when one was scheduled to work the employer can still change it any time as long as they do it 24 hrs in advance. Yes, this can be a bother for the employee but that's what the law here is.
Wow that’s a terrible law. Everyone should be informed about a schedule change.

I agree, it's total bullshit. Once a schedule is officially posted, it should not be changed unless TMs are asked if they can work different/longer hours, or told that they are not needed on a certain day. Whether it is the law or not, changing someone's schedule once it has been posted without informing them is a dick move and employers are rude and ignorant for doing so.

I have never in my 6 years working at Target heard of the schedule on the wall changing. Kronos sucks... I don't tell any of my TM's to go by Kronos.
I've hated Kronos from day one - more often than not, it doesn't work. I much prefer printing a copy of my schedule from MyTime. I'm old school and like having a paper copy.

I am always having to check Kronos daily because my shifts are always being deleted or added without anyone ever telling me. You know how annoying it is to wake up for an opening shift just to not be able to clock in and it turns out you’re not on the printed grid for that day because they had deleted your shift? Or you think you have the day off because it said you did 2 days ago and you check again just in case and now you’re closing. 🙄 they say it’s my responsibility to check online and just because the wall is different doesn’t mean anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back