Archived With new E2E who's in charge of unload?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backroom88

Receiving_genius
I was curious if anyone knows who is in charge of the unload? Im hearing things like the stores receiver will now be in charge? Since flow TL is being moved to sales floor. Any info appreciated!

Last edited:
No idea where this info is from, I keep seeing widely different things from store to store, but I wouldn't expect to see this change until palletized freight is rolled out? I've no idea what to believe anymore.

Reactions: Him
Isn't this whole thing more effective if everyone was making more money? Cut down TM headcount, increase pay, and then expect a lot from your TMs? Isn't this what Costco does? I can't recall, but them or someone similar treats their employees super well which allows them to maintain great talent. I can't help but think that a bunch of part time TMs making mediocre pay are going to revolutionize how we engage and sell to guests...

Isn't this whole thing more effective if everyone was making more money? Cut down TM headcount, increase pay, and then expect a lot from your TMs? Isn't this what Costco does? I can't recall, but them or someone similar treats their employees super well which allows them to maintain great talent. I can't help but think that a bunch of part time TMs making mediocre pay are going to revolutionize how we engage and sell to guests...

Costco has less middle management

I was curious if anyone knows who is in charge of the unload? Im hearing things like the stores receiver will now be in charge? Since flow TL is being moved to sales floor. Any info appreciated!

I believe much of this is up to the store. Most who have gotten this far in the conversion (Hardlines becoming Essentials) are ULV so you are talking about just a few trucks a week.

The Essentials Team is in charge of Logistics/Operations/Hardlines (non merchandising or heavy service departments). If your store goes E2E for this portion of the store, you will likely still have a "Flow TL" who leads the Unload, but other TLs will have their own teams to work the freight. I have heard of the Flow TL being also in charge of Paper/Chem or something similar for departments.

Haha i hope not. Our reciever will quit. What is target doing? They just got rid of our HRTM now they're pushing salesfloor to do softlines breakout and work it. Flow TL is moving to salesfloor. My stomachs getting sick. Think its time to go.

I believe much of this is up to the store. Most who have gotten this far in the conversion (Hardlines becoming Essentials) are ULV so you are talking about just a few trucks a week.

The Essentials Team is in charge of Logistics/Operations/Hardlines (non merchandising or heavy service departments). If your store goes E2E for this portion of the store, you will likely still have a "Flow TL" who leads the Unload, but other TLs will have their own teams to work the freight. I have heard of the Flow TL being also in charge of Paper/Chem or something similar for departments.
Mine is both. He does Paper goods and is shrunk to run just those who offload. About 7 people who I think do seasonal now. I honestly don't know what they do because I am not in the store early on truck days. I do know they shove them out before 11 (they start at 6.)

To answer your question as we have been doing E2E for now 2 months full store. Our Flow TL is still in charge of the unload however we unload with 4-6 TM's max. Unload for us takes about 4-5 hours mainly because it's not about how fast we unload but how well the zone is on our sales floor. I actually love the new setup because instead of "the fast TM's" being asked to help other departments TM's are held accountable for their workload.

We set our own POG's, salesplanners, Transitions and clearance so if our area from the truck is light then we go and help with the unload and trade off with/if another TM have to go zone and stock. Some days we might leave a certain department for the next day but that's planned because we only get 3 trucks but it's really a great system and best of all no more slow flow team members that NEVER worked all their stuff. Before any backstock is taken to the backroom for me to backstock I call for my TL to do a quick audit.

Biggest help has been Spot taking the time to actually see that if the zone is right things go out. Finally Spot is going in right direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Flow TL only makes 50 cents more than TMs? Here it's a $3-$4 raise.
Yep, he was bitching about it too. Only people in our store who make that much difference are ETLs. No TL or TM makes any more than a $1 than the others.

To answer your question as we have been doing E2E for now 2 months full store. Our Flow TL is still in charge of the unload however we unload with 4-6 TM's max. Unload for us takes about 4-5 hours mainly because it's not about how fast we unload but how well the zone is on our sales floor. I actually love the new setup because instead of "the fast TM's" being asked to help other departments TM's are held accountable for their workload.

We set our own POG's, salesplanners, Transitions and clearance so if our area from the truck is light then we go and help with the unload and trade off with/if another TM have to go zone and stock. Some days we might leave a certain department for the next day but that's planned because we only get 3 trucks but it's really a great system and best of all no more slow flow team members that NEVER worked all their stuff. Before any backstock is taken to the backroom for me to backstock I call for my TL to do a quick audit.

Biggest help has been Spot taking the time to actually see that if the zone is right things go out. Finally Spot is going in right direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually think this makes sense to run for as long as we do not have palletized freight. Everyone freaks out about "goal times" and a certain carton/minute they are trying to reach and saying its about efficiency. Wouldn't it be more efficient to slow down the unload some, run it with less TMs, and have them sort it so that there is less walking on the floor? The line moves so fast because we are trying to unload it so quickly, but it takes a ton of people and often errors are made or we can't break down areas too deep because it would be too much sorting on the line itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back