Archived Wondering about pay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I recently got hired at Target and I had a question. I have researched a little and from what I have found, team members at target who work nightshift or 4am shift get 1 dollar more per hour. I was offered $8.25 and accepted. Does this mean that I will not get the extra dollar? Should I bring it up or just brush it off to my shyness of not asking when they offered me my starting hour and pay. Thank you :)

Formina Sage

Probably still better than you at the stacker
Staff member
Administrator
The amount written on your conditional job offer is your base pay and is pre-shift differential. You will receive an extra dollar for every hour worked between 10pm (night shift start time) and 6am (?).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ah thanks for the information. The store I am going to be working in is really big and nice. It almost seems like a mall, you park underneath it and ride escalators up to it.

FlowMonkey

Former Team Member
I believe the differential can vary from store to store, as somebody mentioned, some stores no longer offer it. it can be as much as $1 I dont believe any stores are more than that anymore (I know they knocked my store down to that a couple years ago) but can be anywhere from $0-$1 I am guessing in $0.25 intervals

nib

This is something you'll want to take up with your HR representative or call the TMSC. I have heard they might be phasing out shift differential pay, so depending on what city/state you are in, you may not be eligible anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.