Archived Workcenter Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blackhawks54

Hey guys!

I feel kinda dumb asking this, but would it be wise to ask HR/ETL about working in my original workcenter again? I am technically in pricing, but since E2E started I've mostly been scheduled in SL (mostly FRO). FYI, at my store, SL does not do their own price change. I was planning to ask to volunteer to do that.

I want to ask, but I'm afraid I'm gonna get the response, "There aren't enough hours to fill in pricing and SL has a lot of hours." I mean, I'm okay with working pricing and SLSF, heck even in HL and maybe beauty. I kinda want to try SFS/flex. I'm usually pretty good at finding SL flexes. I don't care if I have a FRO shift here and there, but not every single shift! I like being versatile. I've asked a couple coworkers about it and they think it's maybe because I'm good at it (not trying to sound conceited). I've been with Spot for five years now, so I know kind of a lot already.

Sorry for the long post, but all advice would be appreciated! Thanks!! :)

Definitely ask. We have lots of FROs, because more than a couple shifts each week is not fun. If the hours are in SL, suggest that they can put the PC hours under SL. That would be great for everybody.

When I went through all those months with nothing but FRO shifts, I made sure my ETL and TL knew I absolutely hated it. Gradually I got less and less and now I hardly ever have to work FRO. I maybe cover breaks here and there.

Definitely talk to your HR about pricing. If that's your official workcenter, you should get at least some of the pricing hours. At my store, we had two pricing TMs. One came to SL and does our pricing and the other stayed price change. Everybody's happy.

And yesss learn SFS/flex. Its so much fun and a nice change of pace. Speaking of that, you just reminded me that I should probably talk to my ETL again about getting out of SL.

Thanks guys! I will definitely ask! Hopefully I can do pricing under SL.

I wish I could be good at trying to hate always being in the FR. I'm kinda taking baby steps lol like stepping out of the FR during peak hours (usually when it's a little slow) to put close (or somewhat close) reshop away or zone close. I can't stand just standing there lol I always have to do something. I wouldn't mind covering breaks though.

I asked HR awhile back about learning SFS but there weren't enough hours available.

I'm kinda taking baby steps lol like stepping out of the FR during peak hours (usually when it's a little slow) to put close (or somewhat close) reshop away or zone close. I can't stand just standing there lol.
Wow, at my store standing there is not allowed. The FRO needs to be reshopping, zoning, and helping guests, unless sorting reshop. If nothing else, there's always truck push to help with. At night, our FRO zones RTW as well. No wonder you cant stand FRO lol. I'd go absolutely crazy if I couldn't even move.

Lol yeah I mean I zone maternity/plus and men's performance like two to three times a day if there's no reshop lol or I defect stuff. I think my STL secretly doesn't like the FRO standing there either. But the ETL's don't care if I zone or do reshop but it can only be close to FR

Lol yeah I mean I zone maternity/plus and men's performance like two to three times a day if there's no reshop lol or I defect stuff. I think my STL secretly doesn't like the FRO standing there either. But the ETL's don't care if I zone or do reshop but it can only be close to FR

Yeah there's usually something to do. During the day in my store, FRO only covers HR's breaks. Once, when HR was busy the FRO had to stay close to the phones but had nothing else to do. I brought over a cart of folded RTW shirts and jeans from the truck push. That was a win-win. She had something to do and helped me and the other truck people out. We get creative cause it can get boring as hell at the fitting rooms.

Hey guys. Just wanted to say my talk with the ETL HR went well. She said I got put back there because pricing hours are very low right now and with more people going back to school they need more help in SL. She also said it was because I'm their best FRO (again, no bragging intended). She asked if I wasn't enjoying it. I felt bad when she asked me that but I said it wasn't that, but it was more of I was just curious as to why I was always back there. She said that I was keyed pricing when I only worked one day a week and that's what they had available, and now that I'm full time they needed more hours in SL. She said that she could try to start giving me more of a variety and I told her I'd appreciate it. Thank you all for your help :)

Yeah there's usually something to do. During the day in my store, FRO only covers HR's breaks. Once, when HR was busy the FRO had to stay close to the phones but had nothing else to do. I brought over a cart of folded RTW shirts and jeans from the truck push. That was a win-win. She had something to do and helped me and the other truck people out. We get creative cause it can get boring as hell at the fitting rooms.
I've never heard of the FRO covering HR breaks. That's interesting. And with all the BTS sales there has been more to do back there thankfully.

I've never heard of the FRO covering HR breaks. That's interesting. And with all the BTS sales there has been more to do back there thankfully.

The HRtm answers the phone during the day at my store. FRO covers her breaks, and answers the phone nights and weekends.

The HRtm answers the phone during the day at my store. FRO covers her breaks, and answers the phone nights and weekends.
I wish it was like that at my store. So many calls we get are for HR.

And they barely let us transfer their calls it's like we have to be HR, Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back