Archived Workday Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRTMKendall

Human Resources Expert
Any other HR Experts frustrated with the fact that many trainings in workday don’t have Spanish as an option yet are required to be completed. I submitted a MySupport about this and was told to have someone sit with them and read it. Yeah, as if there’s time for that when half our freight still isn’t off the truck at 10AM due to callouts/cut hours. So frustrating.

What about running the text through Google Translate and saving it as a document file, then printing out hard copies as needed? Frustrating and ridiculous to have to do, but not as time consuming and gets the training done.

What about running the text through Google Translate and saving it as a document file, then printing out hard copies as needed? Frustrating and ridiculous to have to do, but not as time consuming and gets the training done.
The problem is it’s a lot of pop up and click here kind of Learning. Like the HazMat where you have to click all of the images and read about them.

The aggravating thing for me is not knowing who has what to do. I can see what’s expiring but not what’s new. 😭 Plus the global issue earlier with not being able to pull several different reports honestly made me lose my mind! I emailed the other HRE in my neighboring stores and asked them if I’d lost my mind 😂 Thankfully I’ve trained all of them and they already knew I had lol. But honestly, just let me see who I need to pull off the floor to use one of the two computers that all of our TLs and ETLs (besides HR) and PML and VM have to share so they can complete their Learning. It’s just not practical for every TM to log on to a computer just in case.. 😕

There are a couple of ways to access Workday on a Zebra. But it’s just a nightmare. If the salesfloor thought myWork took forever lol..

And with the way our PMBP wants a Zebra assigned to every TM (remember sharing is caring!) we just don’t always have enough for an orientation group to grab to knock out their HazMat, Alcohol Sales, Step Stool and Ladder Safety, Ethics, and the ISAT 2019 training. We always have new hires complete these at Orientation. Soon we’ll be at the point where I’m partnering with our PML weekly to update him on hires and terms. Not like a PML has much to do besides equipment control all Q4. /s

And with the way our PMBP wants a Zebra assigned to every TM. We always have new hires complete these at Orientation. Soon we’ll be at the point where I’m partnering with our PML weekly to update him on hires and terms. Not like a PML has much to do besides equipment control all Q4. /s

Wait, what? My store has the most Zebras in the district and I wouldn’t even be able to assign 3 TMs to a device let alone individuals (outside of leadership). How many TMs do you have and how many devices are there? Our expectations were that they 1) get numbered and 2) are designated “X” amount per department. Their BP is smoking rocks if that’s an expectation

Wait, what? My store has the most Zebras in the district and I wouldn’t even be able to assign 3 TMs to a device let alone individuals (outside of leadership). How many TMs do you have and how many devices are there? Our expectations were that they 1) get numbered and 2) are designated “X” amount per department. Their BP is smoking rocks if that’s an expectation
Thank you! My PML and I couldn’t agree more! We have about 95ish at my store with 15 Leadership positions (all TLs, ETLs, SD, TSS, PML, and VM). The BP is fine with TMs “sharing” a device but it has to be a specific number. We’ve had it set up with each department having their own specific ones, but now it has to be further delegated. For example: if Tech gets 3 devices and there are 5 of them then Jonny and Billy will share #1, Sarah and Susie will share #2, and Mike gets #3 since he has the most hours (come Q4 and we hire another he will be sharing tho). My guess is a different store in the district is horrible with equipment control and now we’re all having to do this. (The official reason is this is all about securing equipment and identifying issues.) We’ve only lost one device (stolen by a guest) that was immediately reported and verified by AP reviewing the cameras, and of course hasn’t been turned on since it was taken. PML has checked twice a week to ping it and nada. So I do what I can and help him by letting him know about any new hires and their ~usual~ shift (open/mid/close) and all recent terms, so they can be renumberwd if needed. Oh almost forgot, we have I think 46 devices? Including myCheckout of course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back