Archived Working 10hour shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodil

Tech Savvy ~ Former Collegiate esports player
How many breaks do i get working a 10 hour shift?

Also, my target is based in illinois in case break policies vary.

two 15min
two 30min
or is it
four 15min
one 30min

thanks.

Not worked in Target since 2015, so my memory is a bit hazy on some things, but I believe it is 1 lunch, and three breaks. I'm fairly certain 11 hours is when a second lunch is required.

Might have been a store-thing, rather than company wide, but pretty sure we used to give people a third 15 minute break if their shift was over 9 hours.

I live in a state though where the labor laws actually allow for no breaks at all for employees over the age of 17.

I'm also in Illinois. Lunch is required to be started before the beginning of your 5th hour (counted from your actual clock-in time, not your scheduled time), and the clock restarts when you end meal.

If you clock in for the day exactly at 9:00 am, you have to be off the clock for lunch before 2:00 to avoid compliance. And then let's say you clock out at 1:45 and back in at 2:16. You have to be off the clock again before 7:16.

Your best bet, assuming you get to set your own meal and break schedule, is to take a break at about 11:30, lunch at 1:45, break at 3:45 and break at 5:30ish.

you get two 15 minute breaks at 10 hours except in CO, OR, WA, CA, and KY where you earn a third 15 minute break at 10 hours. all other states get a third 15 minute break at 11 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back