Archived Working Christmas Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any overnight TM's know if their store will have them working? Last year mine was closed and we were off but my ETL says we're probably gonna have to work this year because we'll be taking 10 trucks that week

With all these changes from higher ups all the way down to us, I honestly don't know. My store is a high volume store so we might.

Our overnight team is coming in Christmas night. I am not sure the point of them coming in Christmas eve when we are closed Christmas day.

My thoughts exactly, we worked Christmas night last year which I understand, but not Christmas eve. What sucks is I wont even be doing the truck because I do signing Saturdays FML. Spending Christmas Eve hanging up signs is not my idea of fun

Not happening at our store. There's no way they can get enough TMs to come in on a normal Sunday, let alone on Christmas.
Honestly in my previous store, if they aren't able to get enough people to work, they stayed closed. Honestly, what's the point of being open if it's just a train wreck waiting to happen... Then again, we are talking about The New Spot (Shudders) :eek:

My thoughts exactly, we worked Christmas night last year which I understand, but not Christmas eve. What sucks is I wont even be doing the truck because I do signing Saturdays FML. Spending Christmas Eve hanging up signs is not my idea of fun
Guarantee there are people who work at your target who would like your position. Give it up then...Talk to the flow TL and switch shifts with one of 'em. Those guys would love an easy signing shift. Lmao hanging up signs vs truck...okay...not a lot of training needed for a flow TM to do signing for one night.

Guarantee there are people who work at your target who would like your position. Give it up then...Talk to the flow TL and switch shifts with one of 'em. Those guys would love an easy signing shift. Lmao hanging up signs vs truck...okay...not a lot of training needed for a flow TM to do signing for one night.

I have no problem doing signs. I enjoy doing it every week because it's a nice break once a week from the flow routine. That being said, it's stupid to do it on Christmas Eve when you could be spending time with family enjoying Christmas traditions. Plus it's easy time and a half, I'm just saying the idea of it as a whole doesn't make sense.

Interesting fact- Calling out on a Holiday doesn't count against anymore than calling out any other day. Your stores leadership may get pissy( seeing as Spot likes to put people in charge who are in the early 20s) they have a long life ahead of them and will get over it . I worked Thanksgiving....didn't even 8 hours between shifts and never really complained about it . However, I will not work on Christmas day. That is where I draw the line .

In our store, we don't do the signing on a holiday. So for this month, we would probably still do it on Monday 12am. I say "probably" bec we have a new TL for price change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back