Working in Market

I was called in to work a day shift in market this week. I have worked with the lead over in market before, and he's a great guy so I am not concerned with that aspect whatsoever. I am just curious of what to expect regarding what my roles will be over there. I'm looking forward to it as it will be a change of pace for a day.

Also, is this one of their ways of seeing if I'll be a good fit over there after the season, having worked alongside the lead in the past and them calling me specifically for the shift?

While i can't say for sure that itll help keep you after seasonal, it is good that you are helping in other areas for the store. If they are calling you in to replace someone that wont be able to work you will probably just be doing a normal routine. Zone/reshop, 1-4-1s, truck push. Its possible that they have other plans. My F&B TL has had other people pick up shifts just to help with completing pulls or to help push some dairy pallets that were left over. If they are asking for you specifically thats better too, although as they are not your TL they might not have enough pull to keep you unless they want to keep you for yourselves.

Your roles will depend on what area they need you for but since you were called in it’s probably to either cover for someone specific that won’t be there, to work on a project, or to do push

FIFO. Be sure to FIFO.
this is something our market team has issues with. last time some one went through they ended up with one of those big box things we put plastic in full of expired product.

wether that was for show or because ya know there was that much of it from the salesfloor and backroom I'm not sure but hey knowing us I'd believe it, allegedly

this is something our market team has issues with. last time some one went through they ended up with one of those big box things we put plastic in full of expired product.

wether that was for show or because ya know there was that much of it from the salesfloor and backroom I'm not sure but hey knowing us I'd believe it, allegedly

Mine too. I dump multiple things in the QMOS bin everyday while doing OPUs. Today it was basil best by 10/21 and hot dogs best by 11/20.

I hate working with my incompetent team. I'm not a team player, if you're like me, try to see if you can work for freezer. I have all the workload to myself and I'm rarely bothered by managers. And I don't have to deal with my lazy department tms.

It went well! The lead had off yesterday so it was just me and a gent who had been there for some time. I was able to do a lot of different things, got all of it done that I was asked to do and more. The guy I was working with told me he would tell the lead that I did a fantastic job and that I should be kept on

I hate working with my incompetent team. I'm not a team player, if you're like me, try to see if you can work for freezer. I have all the workload to myself and I'm rarely bothered by managers. And I don't have to deal with my lazy department tms.

Thankfully I love my team, but I have to say getting a break by working in the cooler for a bit yesterday was very refreshing

Back