Working on New Years Eve?

Anybody else working on New Years Eve? I'm on B2 shift and I was hired on as a regular about a month or so ago. Why doesn't Target recognize New Years Eve like they do Christmas?

I'm outbound. Working 4pm-4am New Years Eve into New Year's day. Then another 12'er. Then weekend OT. Unfortunately for some of us, the new year will be spent in the warehouse. At least we'll be making time and a half on New Year's, so there's that. Try to make the best of it.
Thanks
@SunnyShine

I'm outbound. Working 4pm-4am New Years Eve into New Year's day. Then another 12'er. Then weekend OT. Unfortunately for some of us, the new year will be spent in the warehouse. At least we'll be making time and a half on New Year's, so there's that. Try to make the best of it.
Thanks
@SunnyShine
woof that suck!! Hoping the new year treats you better! Closing tonight myself, the store closes at 9, hoping to leave around 9:30 if possible, but we shall see if SFS keeps us later. Either way, gotta be there at 8 am tomorrow, so not staying too late.... Happy New Year everyone!!!

Thanks
@SunnyShine

Eves aren’t a Holiday. Lol.
No but when you work B2 .. come 12am its 1/1/21..lol

No but when you work B2 .. come 12am its 1/1/21..lol
The day in the system starts at 6am. So let’s say New Year’s Eve was a Saturday. If you came in to work the second half of New Year’s Eve (technically 12am-6am on Sunday New Year’s Day) you would not get holiday pay nor would you bank vaca.

Back