Archived working on thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a shift on Turkey day, the only holidays I've worked so far is 4th of July and Labor day which was time and a half, since this is a bigger holiday will it be double or still just time and a half? Either way I'm happy. Just curious, and who else is working on Thanksgiving this year?

If you're full time I'm pretty sure you get paid for Thanksgiving even if you don't work. So if you do work, it would be time and a half plus the automatic holiday pay.

Just a quick added question cause I'm stupid. I work 5:45-9:45 on Thanksgiving day, any extra moneys for me?

If you're full time I'm pretty sure you get paid for Thanksgiving even if you don't work. So if you do work, it would be time and a half plus the automatic holiday pay.

That includes TMs that average over 30 hours per week? So you're basically getting paid twice for that day?

I work 5:45-10:30 on Thanksgiving. How does that add up? Lol and I also work an 8 hour shift on Black Friday, do I get extra $$$ as well? Sorry it's my first time lol

For all the people that have worked Black Fridays in the past, how does the walkies go? At my store I don't think they will have enough for every one working, on a normal night there slim pickings

I work 5:45-10:30 on Thanksgiving. How does that add up? Lol and I also work an 8 hour shift on Black Friday, do I get extra $$$ as well? Sorry it's my first time lol
I'm like 90% sure that you only get extra pay for working on Thanksgiving. Black friday doesn't count as a holiday. If I'm correct with my math, you shift on Thanksgiving is about 5 hours (rounding down), so for those five hours you'll be getting time and a half. I COULD BE WRONG IN SOME PLACES BUT THATS MY UNDERSTANDING.

For all the people that have worked Black Fridays in the past, how does the walkies go? At my store I don't think they will have enough for every one working, on a normal night there slim pickings
Last year I got there early and just grabbed one automatically even though I was stationed directly next to an ETL who also had one. My bad...

Last year at my store an ETL assigned all of the walkies and PDAs to team members. This started with the Thanksgiving opening shift and continued through all of the Black Friday shifts.

I know being a CA I don't absolutely need one, but it would be nice. If a shopper decides to cut up my legs because they didn't have his TV deal, I would prefer to call help than bleed out.

Last year, only those that absolutely needed equipment got it and they partnered up people to work a section of the store and they would receive a walkie to share.

CA's definitely need a walkie. It's the most annoying thing in the world when I need a guest carry out but neither of our cart attendants have walkies, so I have to pull someone from a checklane or try and find them. Especially on a day like Black Friday where people are buying big ticket items.

Hmmm am I only one work from 3pm on thanksgiving day until 5 am on Friday as backroom? No I aren't team leader. I'm just regular backroom team member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back