Archived Thanksgiving shifts what's every one working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so schedules up what's every one working, I'm 3 weeks into seasonal and they got me doing 5am signing on Sunday
4pm to close Monday hardline
Turkey day 5pm to 3AM:(~
Black Friday 3pm to midnight.

Kind of weirdly excited to see how this crazyness goes. Btw what do you do on thanksgiving and Black Friday after hours??

Oh and one more ? Is it normal that I'd be doing signing? I have no idea what it is or anything, I don't mind but will there be someone to give me a hand?

Working 2-11 pm Thanksgiving and Black Friday (at Target's biggest competitor). Kind of nervous because I just started there and I'm not 100 percent familiar with their processes and their system yet and I know those days are going to be nuts.

Last year at Target, I only had to work 4 hours on Thanksgiving and I don't remember what I worked on Black Friday...I know it wasn't brutal and I'm pretty sure I worked the Service Desk. All I remember is we had tacos. That's all that matters.

I repeat last year by becoming a cart attendant again. Except this year I should probably make sure I get trained for hazardous materials instead of just pushing carts.

Working 2-11 pm Thanksgiving and Black Friday (at Target's biggest competitor). Kind of nervous because I just started there and I'm not 100 percent familiar with their processes and their system yet and I know those days are going to be nuts.

Last year at Target, I only had to work 4 hours on Thanksgiving and I don't remember what I worked on Black Friday...I know it wasn't brutal and I'm pretty sure I worked the Service Desk. All I remember is we had tacos. That's all that matters.

Well good luck to you, I thought I read on here you where working at like dollar save? Something like that? So I take it Wally world now?

I've noticed my store doesn't schedule the season help for Thanksgiving/Black Friday. At least not for the overnight shift. My first year, I had Thanksgiving AND Black Friday off. I didn't even request that. My second year, I did work for Thursday night and then Black Friday evening. This year, my 3rd year, I've got a pretty snazzy 10 hour shift Thursday night to Friday morning. That's well over $100 for one shift.

I'm assuming my store tries to schedule the more knowledgable employees for the main rush....but that seems to defeat the purpose of season help kinda. Weird.

Schedule is subject to change, but working 6 days. Two days for BF ad prep, two days for the following weeks ad prep, one salesfloor shift, and 4 hours of crowd control on Thanksgiving.

I will say, it looks like they gave all the seasonal hires the overnights/crappy shifts. Hmmmm.

I go in at 11pm Thanksgiving night and work until like 4-5 am. I'm off the rest of Black Friday though.

I am doing electronics preparation overnight on Wednesday from 7 PM to 4 AM Thursday morning, coming back Thursday night 5:45 PM to 2:15 AM Friday morning.

For the weekend I have:

Wednesday: 3pm-til whenever prep is done that night
Thursday: 3pm-1:30am
Friday: 2pm-12:30am
Saturday: 11am-7:30pm

They have already changed my schedule since going up online -_- i was working monday, and off friday. but they changed it so now i work friday and I am off monday. I was excited for a second that I could actually shop on friday. oh well
So i work 530-2am thursday in electronics, then 1230-9 friday in ship from store.

Haven't seen the paper schedule yet since it wasn't up when I left yesterday, but if the online schedule is accurate, it'll be an interesting week. Never done market before so I'll be doing that early in the week with a mid and a closing shift.

Black Friday and the weekend doesn't seem too bad at least. Opening until 2am Thursday/Friday in Electronics, off Friday, and opening electronics again Saturday. Most of my experience with electronics is only covering breaks as opposed to full shifts, so that's different. Wondering if I'll be cashiering, guiding lines, or helping the guests. My old store would say "cashier-second location" to denote electronics cashier, but since I moved since last Thanksgiving, not sure if the system would be set up similar or not in that regard.

Opening GSTL on Thanksgiving, working a ten hour shift then go home and sleep Friday Day and come back in as the closing GSTL on Friday

8 PM - 4:30 AM
2:15 PM - 9:00 PM

That's my thursday/friday.

Working 6 days for over 52 hours, including a random backroom shift and a long ship from store shift on Thanksgiving.

(Pretty much the exact schedule I'd asked for)

Posted it in the other thread, but I'll be opening GSA/GSTL with my Sr. GSTL on Thanksgiving day, should be 5:30-1:30 I believe. Then I work 7:30-4:30 Friday.

Working a double shift...grand total of thirteen hours back to back. Can't wait.

Working 6 days for over 52 hours, including a random backroom shift and a long ship from store shift on Thanksgiving.

(Pretty much the exact schedule I'd asked for)

I only have 7.25 hours as flex that week.
20.75 as GSA
10.25 scheduled as a cashier

They still haven't posted the schedule at my store because "we're still tweaking it". But I checked my schedule in mytime after I got off yesterday and online today. Thanksgiving and Black Friday I got 5-10 cashier shifts. Not too bad. Last year I did a cashier shift on Thanksgiving and worked Market on Friday. Easiest Friday I ever worked. Since not many people were buying groceries all I did was zone. I think I had 2 pulls that had to be pushed for the entire 8 hr shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back