Archived Would You Lead As A Favor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When asked, I'll work with the team. But, for $12.50 plus not even being an official trainer, you bet your ass I'm not going to do the RTW trainer's work so he can get credit again. Lesson has been learned.

I like the “I don’t make enough to do extra” answers. It really reaffirms that a lot of positions shouldn’t be making $15 minimum. Also explains why a lot of people are passed over for promotions.

I led without being a team lead. Target will lead people on forever with out giving you the promotion. I left to another company and they gave me the equivalent of an ETL position. My experience leading teams got me that job, I didn’t need a silly title from Target to work at another company. Targets loss because I would have flipped my store around but now they can barely function haha.

Being a TL is more than just leading a process. It’s not like you’re writing the performance reviews for your peers, documenting and issuing corrective action, or writing schedules, interviewing or delivering terminations. It’s just a process you happen to be leading. If they are having you do all of that on top of leading the process then yeah ask for more pay. Other than that this happens in almost every workplace. If you don’t want to do it, say no, if you want to develop into the next level and get some of the experience why not?

I like the “I don’t make enough to do extra” answers. It really reaffirms that a lot of positions shouldn’t be making $15 minimum. Also explains why a lot of people are passed over for promotions.

I would volunteer to stay at $12 an hour in exchange for 40 hours every week. I don’t even want benefits, just that cash.

It's the leadership aspect of the position that stands out -- hence the title being Team Leader. Not Team Coacher, Team Interviewer, or Team Reviewer.

Anyone can do paperwork, scold others, write schedules, or fire people. Being able to actually lead a team is the hard part there, and the part that justifies a pay increase. It's difficult work that not just anyone can do, and do well.
“Scold others” 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back