Archived Would you quit Target for a "better" job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t you also manually give yourself a raise? Of course not saying you should if you want to keep your job, but...

Nope, I can't edit my own stuff. They don't allow it.

it would be really funny if you could give yourself a raise AND it somehow slipped under the radar 😃

That would be interesting. Target tracks a whole bunch of stuff though so it is unlikely that you will get away with it.

Last edited:
Hypothetically, should I leave target if another company is offering $13/hr full time plus 8 hours OT in floral department.

Yes, though I would change my ta
Target availably to the minimum just in case it doesn't work out

My rule of thumb is to go part time at the job I'm leaving just in case the grass isn't all that greener at the new gig, like @Kompa suggested. This can be tricky because if you're going retail->retail the two companies might see each other as competitors and refuse to hire you unless you quit first. I put in an app at a local chain hoping to pick up some extra pocket money, Target HR said it was fine, but when they called me to set up an interview I mentioned my plans to work at both places and they said NOPE. Lame. It's not like I've ever been privy to any valuable trade secrets at any job I've had so I never understood why the whole "competitor" thing is such a problem. Oh well

I think I'd miss it to be honest...BUT I think my personal life would take a GAIN. I tend to think about work all the time while at home and cant seem to get my mind clear sometimes. Maybe it's because 8hrs isnt enough time to do what I need...hell time itself isnt enough time to do what needs to be done lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back