Archived WTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also were not told seasonal . Only signed the document for 90 days conditional offer. Found out I’m seasonal from the workday website. I never asked my HR though !

Hired, not knowing I was seasonal. Found out online. Talked to HR letting her know I was interested in staying on after 90 days. Then a few days before Christmas while reporting an incident involving my offending TL, after about 5 weeks working there, I saw my schedule was only one day the following week after Christmas. Asked her about it while reporting the harassment of my TL thinking it was the doing of the offending TL who had hated me from day one. She said no, schedules are generated automatically, not by her or him or any one person. She said it was probably due to my limited availability. I told her I Would be opening up my availability very soon. Two days after christmas my offending TL called me into the HR persons office (she wasn’t there) and informed me that as a seasonal employee he has decided not to move forward with me. That was my last night, as I decided not to put up with him anymore and knowing he was using the “seasonal employee card” I had no recourse. I was an ideal fit for my position in soft lines. Had experience. Did an excellent job in pushing truck quickly and efficiently. My areas were zoned beautifully. I never wasted time or excessively chatted with other TM’s while working. Followed all the rules to the T. Had a great repore with all TM’s and TL’s (except for the offending one) although I was completely respectful, polite and friendly even when he was harassing me and lying about me. Always helped guests to the best of my abilities, showing genuine interest in helping them and they appreciated my assistance. Answered phones on the zebra. Was always early, never late. Never called in sick or late or missed a day. I was an excellent employee who did an excellent job. While working there I was approached by five other female TM’s in softlines who warned me about him, his lying, his rude, belittling and disrespectful behavior towards them. Calling them into his office to falsely accuse them of doing things and to attempt to intimidate them. He seems to really hate women. I don’t know if it’s because he’s jealous of them and wants to be one or what. They are all trying to decide what avenue they should take to report it. Most of them planning to going above HR to “K” our LOD or to corporate. They feel the HR person is very chummy with him. Seeing what he was doing to me, they asked me if I was willing to go if they arranged a group meeting with “K”. I said absolutely yes. All I can say is by allowing this less than desirable TL to fire me because of his foul attitude and personality and personal dislike of me, they lost a great employee. WTH
I hate to tell you, but seasonal or not at Spot if your direct supervisor hates you you are SOL unless store leadership sides with you, which pretty much never happens. You could be the best worker at Target, but you really have no recourse, since HR and the hotline are there to protect the company not the TMs. I hope you find another job where you are appreciated. Good Luck.

Thanks. That’s what I figured. And I turned down a great job offer for this job too. But no matter how much I enjoyed my job and TM’s, not worth it if I had to work under a slimy degenerate like him. There’s bigger and better things out there. I just really feel bad for the lovely lady TM’s left behind who work so hard and are treated so badly by him.

Nope. Applied online for a regular employee position. The HR person who interviewed and hired me said nothing about it. When I learned how to log on to mywork I found out in my personal info.

You were a seasonal hire. It doesn’t matter if you want to stay on or not. They have the right to let you go without cause because it was conditional employment.
Yes, I know this. And that’s why I said I had no recourse. Because he took advantage of that and played that card with me.

I hate to tell you, but seasonal or not at Spot if your direct supervisor hates you you are SOL unless store leadership sides with you, which pretty much never happens. You could be the best worker at Target, but you really have no recourse, since HR and the hotline are there to protect the company not the TMs. I hope you find another job where you are appreciated. Good Luck.
Thanks. That’s what I figured. And I turned down a great job offer for this job too. But no matter how much I enjoyed my job and TM’s, not worth it if I had to work under a slimy degenerate like him. There’s bigger and better things out there. I just really feel bad for the lovely lady TM’s left behind who work so hard and are treated so badly by him.

Nope. Applied online for a regular employee position. The HR person who interviewed and hired me said nothing about it. When I learned how to log on to mywork I found out in my personal info.

Yes, I know this. And that’s why I said I had no recourse. Because he took advantage of that and played that card with me.

There is an actual form that HR has applicants sign and date during the job offer which states that it is a seasonal job that can last up to 165 days. 90 days are for non-seasonal positions.

Last edited:
If you don't like how you were treated/let go you can fight it, I don't know if you would be re-hired. I'd wait and re-apply later on in the year if you're still interested in working for Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back