Archived WTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has a 90 day probation and you can be let go for any reason or none at all unless it is for an illegal reason.

Your TL has every right to let go a probationary employee that went above their head, no matter the reason. You can be let go if your CURRENT availability doesn't work for the store.

I hope you didn't quit. Apply for unemployment.

So you’re lacking the awareness to be able to understand that you were a brand new employee that could be let go at any moment but you somehow have the awareness to gauge yourself as this awesome, friendly and productive worker that never slacks off and was unjustly let go?

Chances are you are mediocre to sub par as a worker... being in management for a decade, one would be absolutely amazed at how much people overrate their personal abilities and contributions... I mean it was literally amazing to me. It really was. My guess with this thread is... more or the same.

No. It happens in the workers and management alike.

The frequency is indistinguishable... it’s extremely common. There are a TON of worthless ETLs... no doubt about it.

Well in excess of 90% of the people I coached over the years did not understand why they were receiving the feedback.

And I know you can’t believe me because I’m just some random guy on the internet but my team loved me and I was leinient if anything.

Give specific examples and I think you'll find the lightbulb goes on faster.

So you’re lacking the awareness to be able to understand that you were a brand new employee that could be let go at any moment but you somehow have the awareness to gauge yourself as this awesome, friendly and productive worker that never slacks off and was unjustly let go?

Chances are you are mediocre to sub par as a worker... being in management for a decade, one would be absolutely amazed at how much people overrate their personal abilities and contributions... I mean it was literally amazing to me. It really was. My guess with this thread is... more or the same.

Well aren’t you just a super special person and super full of yourself. LOL unfortunately you did not grasp the understanding of the full conversation. I wouldn’t be surprised if you were the offensive, negative TL. Although I don’t think he’s near old enough to have been a tyrant for as long as you have.

No. It happens in the workers and management alike.

The frequency is indistinguishable... it’s extremely common. There are a TON of worthless ETLs... no doubt about it.

Well in excess of 90% of the people I coached over the years did not understand why they were receiving the feedback.

And I know you can’t believe me because I’m just some random guy on the internet but my team loved me and I was leinient if anything.

Chances are you are mediocre to sub par as a worker and possible TL. Being in retail, merchandising and sales as long as I had been, I’m absolutely amazed at how much you overrate your personal abilities, contributions and how much you think people liked you. I mean it’s literally amazing to me. It really is. You sound like an extremely miserable, disalusioned and unpleasant person. Get over yourself.

Chances are you are mediocre to sub par as a worker and possible TL. Being in retail, merchandising and sales as long as I had been, I’m absolutely amazed at how much you overrate your personal abilities, contributions and how much you think people liked you. I mean it’s literally amazing to me. It really is. You sound like an extremely miserable, disalusioned and unpleasant person. Get over yourself.

My best team survey results were at the top of the district.

It’s amazing how easy it is to be an effective leader. Teach people how to properly do their jobs. Recognize them when they do well and hold them accountable when they don’t. The problem is most leaders are unwilling or incapable of doing all three effectively.

Tyrant? Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back